Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 09:12 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down ~~June JADED LADIES~~

Hiya Ladies,

I couldn't find the old thread so here's a new one - it's close enough to June, right?

I have to apologize for being AWOL - but I told ya I'd be gone for awhile when Spring arrived. You should see my yard - I've got new flowers all over the place. My favorites are the Shashta Daisies.

Vacation has come and gone, too.. Disney World was a lot of fun, but the trip was way too short. We won't be going back until the twins can go - in 3 loooonnnnggg years. Boo Hoo. I will miss Mickey!

DD had her ultrasound - it's another girl!! Her name will be Kaylin Paris at her ETA is October 7th.

Kat, Carree, Ruth, what have you been up to?
Jackslady - if you are reading this, PLEASE post with us.
Michelle from N. KY - you found it! Please post with us!!

Later!
Jana
Old 05-30-2003, 12:02 PM   #2  

Hi!

I made it!
Just one quick question...why are we jaded?
LOL

Ill have to make this a short one until later this evening. I have a million and one things to do. I have my list of pre-Alaska trip things to do, plus the list the hubby added on this morning.

Yardwork, housework, dogwork, paperwork and of course some time at the gym, which is work in itself.
Not to mention the "trying to eat well" work. Thats almost a full time job!

I better get at it. I will check back in later when things slow down a little.

Thanks for having me Jaded Ladies!

Michelle
Old 05-30-2003, 06:58 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Michelle - so glad you found us! Notice that at this site, you can scroll down while you post and see who said what. It is Very handy. When are you leaving for Alaska?

Why are we Jaded? - well, when we were trying to think of a name, "jewel" names were bandied about - diamonds, opals and such. So, since jaded means "worn-out by excess or sated" we thought that would be funny, since we all have been satiated for quite some time. Plus, it was a name we all could agree on. It is a small group, which hopefully will grow.

I had an OP day again today and will be glad to get weighed Sunday AM.

We have a birthday party tomorrow night, and it's being held at a club. My family is going to have dinner beforehand, and I really don't want to waste my points on cake. I'm not a real "cake" person.... so I think I will load the camera and take pictures while others are having cake. It's nice to have a plan.

Toodles,
Jana
Old 05-31-2003, 08:45 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

I feel so weirded out this morning - I had a dream about an ex-b/f and was glad to wake up when I did! I felt guilty lying next to my sweet DH with a dream like that between us. The ex-bf and I went together 8 years and share quite a history. I broke up with him because I knew he was bad for me, even though I loved him with all my heart. He called a few months ago and asked if I was happy and I told him yes, and pretty much blew him off. But it obviously stuck in my mind, lol.

So much for the Young and the Restless, or should I call it the Young and the Rest of Us, since I am hardly a spring chicken anymore, lol.

Today I have to spend some quality time with my iron and ironing board. All those cotton summer clothes that feel so good sure get wrinkley.

What's on your agenda today?
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 05-31-2003 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #5  

Good Morning Ladies...

Wow what a night. We had a pretty strong thunderstorm blow through here last night. At one point there was a crack of thunder so loud that it woke me up, and I screamed. My poor hubby must have thought I was being murdered. Funny today, but it took a long time to calm myself down last night. I just had this super rush of adreniline. Scary. Hubby says he would have slept right through it if I hadnt screamed.

Well, I got a few things from my list done yesterday, and even made it into the gym. Just a few more things to do, and I might even get to relax a bit today. Im going to start the day off with a nice hot bath, and a good breakfast, before I get back to work. A little bit of me time. Me me me..its all about me! LOL For an hour or so anyway.

Jana...isnt it odd that dreams can seem so real? Dont feel guilty...it wasnt real! I know how you feel, I have very active and realisitic dreams. I have been known to sleepwalk, and do some odd things in my sleep. I have stood up and taken the pictures off the wall. I have removed my lamp from the nightstand and tucked it under the bed. I have followed and imaginary intruder up the stairs. I often see people or creatures in my room. People standing beside the bed....UFO's above my head. Squirrels on my curtains. Sometimes I wake up more exhausted than when I went to bed.

Ok...now that you all think Im totally loony....

My bath is ready, so its off with me. Have a healthy happy day everyone!

Michelle
Old 06-01-2003, 08:36 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

G'day ladies!

Elle - I hope you had some nice "me" time yesterday. Once in awhile we just have to pamper ourselves! Your sleep walking stories are a hoot! DH should video tape them and send them in to America;s Funniest Home Videos.

Kat, Carree, Ruth.. where are you guys??

Kat - how are the kids and classes going? Did you get your grant? What will the kids be doing this summer?

Carree - how's your health? Hope you are doing better.

Ruth - Do you have any summer school classes? How're the grandkids?

I just finished my first WW week... an even 7 pounds gone! woo hoo!!!! I know it is mostly water weight, but I'll take it anyway, lol! Last night we went to a b/d party and all I had was bottled water. When they started passing out cake, I got up and walked around with one of the twins, and mingled. It worked out very well.

Gotta run - have a good Sunday.
Jana
Old 06-01-2003, 09:36 AM   #7  
Lucyee

Default June Jaded Ladies

Hi! Thanks for answering me with an e mail to join your group. I am just about starting to return to the ww program. It's seems I'm feeling a little lost. I was happy to hear from you. I am anxious to get serious again. As I get to know all of you, of course, I will share more. Right now, I feel like I'm taking baby steps again. I need to get eating healthy. I hope to get really good at the sharing and caring. Thanks again, Lucyee TTYL
Old 06-01-2003, 10:39 AM   #8  

Hi!

Welcome Lucy! I am so glad that you joined us. Im sure that you will find alot of support, inspiration and encouragement here. Im looking forward to getting to know you better.

Good job with the birthday cake Jana! Im not much of a cake eater either. It always seems so dry, and usually too sweet. People never seem to understand why I dont want a piece. "Awww...come on...just have a small piece...Ill cut you a little corner slice...Do you want a an icing rose? Ice cream with that?" No no no no ...NO! Now, put a can of pringles in front of me...its a feeding frenzy! lol

Jana, you really sound like youre on a roll. 7 pounds in one week! Wow! Im jealous..I mean happy for you! I started off good, but the scale seems to be stuck now. I cant get it to budge. Im eating okay...maybe a bit more than I should. I am going to the gym everyday. I have only missed 6 days since I started on August 28th. Maybe Im gaining muscle? I know it wieghs more than fat, but Im still fat! I am starting to show a little bit of muscle tone in some places. My biceps, and my calves are looking a bit more shapely. But sadly, my tummy still looks the same. At this rate Im going to end up looking like the fruit of the loom apple.

Well...Im a pretty much ready to go on vacation. The dog is booked is a good kennel, with an indoor outdoor run. I wish so much that I had a good neighbor like you Jana to look after her. I know she would be much happier. My neighbors all have dogs that are what I call "yard art". No attention, no walks...just in the yard to look good. Its sad really.

Ive thrown a wrench into the whole getting ready fo vacation thing. I have fallen in love with a dog. The hubby and I have been discussing getting another dog, a pal for our puppy. I have been looking on and off, and found a real sweetie. But since we are leaving for a week, Im not sure if it will work out or not. Ive emailed the lady, and told her Im interested, and talked the hubby into it, so now its just a wait and see. If you want to see Max go to... http://chad2710.tripod.com/gabbyandmax/

Anyway..Ive rambled on long enough. Have a hapy healthy day all!

Michelle
Old 06-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Lucyee - Welcome!! So glad you found us. No need to feel lost - you have been found by the Jaded Ladies, lol. We all are taking baby steps and helping each other along the way. I look forward to reading your posts.

Michelle - Your exercising could be why the scale isn't showing much of a loss. Maybe you shouldn't go by what the scale says, anyway - go by how your clothes fit. So when do you leave for vacation? Lucky you!! Please don't leave without saying bye! I went to the web site and saw Max and Gabby. They both are adorable! My Molly's face is very very similar to Gabby's. Let me make sure I have this straight - you are wanting to adopt Max? What about Gabby? And what is the name of the dog your already have? We have a Molly, Chloe and Rosie. Chloe and Rosie are beagles and Molly is a mix from the shelter.

I went to Evansville today and bought a Walk the Pounds Away (WTPA) DVD 3 disc set. I keep reading all over the 'net where women are doing this, so I hope it is something I can go without further hurting my knees and feet. Wish me luck! I also bought life vests for the twins - DH and I are going to take them to the pool this summer. I wouldn't have been caught dead in the pool last year because of my size - now that we have the grandbabies, I don't care what people think! My objective is to have fun with the kids, lol.

Talk to you later!
Jana
Old 06-02-2003, 10:15 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

~
~
Oops!
~
~

Last edited by Jana; 06-04-2003 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

bump!
Old 06-04-2003, 11:53 AM   #12  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I've been scarce, but after the semester ended I've been straight out with work, and exhausted. I have to fight the kids for the net connection at night and I keep falling asleep before I get a chance at it.

Right now I do have 2 summer classes (yes, I got the full grant for them!) and both are online which is a flexible format I love. A good thing too, as it frees me up to work and to spend time with kiddos. I'm doing fairly well, although I think someone tooka grater to my throat two days ago--it feels positively flayed. If it doesn't get better I'll have to go get a strep test. *sigh*

Well, I have a short break, so I think I'm going to grab a nap while I can--I need the rest. I'll post again soon.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kat!!! So glad you're back! Also glad to hear that you got the grant for the classes. Strep throat is going around like crazy here, too... it is immune to so many antibiotics now. But, as a health care pro, I'm sure you already knew that.

Carree and Elle - hope things are well with you.

I have been OP and have even been exercising...WATP dvd, 1 mile. I couldn't do it as well as they did on the show, but I finished the whole thing! It made me feel so good to know I did it. What I like about it is, the leader isn't young or especially thin, and I can do it in my own room with no equipment other than hand weights.

TTYL,
Jana
Old 06-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #14  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Well, I don't know what I caught, but its not strep. Had I been exposed to it, I would think it was SARs because my lungs are just FULL of fluid. I'm short of breath all the time, and can't even get a good sleep because my lungs really fill when I lie down. Then I wake every hour or so, and have to sit up so I can breathe. If it doesn't turn the tide soon, I'll have to go to the doc.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:50 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Kat - you stinker! Get thyself to a physician! Stat! You of all people know you can't take chances when it comes to Breathing!!!

The WATP dvd is giving me shin splints - any advice??

My DD22 is here to color my hair for me.. I usually have my stylist do it, but it needs attention NOW. So, L'Oreal #6A - Light Ash Brown - here we come!

TTFN,
Jana
Closed Thread