Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Talking Angel's Better Body Challenge IV

Hello Everyone.....

A New Thread!!!! Yeah!!!! I hope we get some new members also!!!!

OK Lets review what this is all about....

We are all doing something a little different but we are here to help, support, and encourage everyone.... We have are ups and our downs.... we try to stay up.....

I think we should start off with an introduction again for all the newcomers.

I am a newly married (May 3) mother of a 15 & almost 17 year old (TEENAGE DRIVERS - UGH!!!).... challenging to say the least. Was a single mom for 13 years. I work out of the home although I am on the road alot (in sales). I am very unhappy at the way I look and how little motivation and self discipline that I have had over the past few years. I am looking to change all this.

Name: Ursula.... aka Angel

Short Term Goal: 10 Weight Loss by July 4th.

Long Term Goal: 130- 135#ish

Exercise Routine: I will have to get back into routine now that everything is over. Looking at going back to (M-F) 30 min cardio; 30 min Circuit (alternate upper & lower); 10 min stretch
I am also trying to include walking and yoga in with this....

Food Routine: 1400- 1600 calories a day

Trying to follow the 90/10 plan by joy bauer. It is where 90% of the calories are from the good stuff and 10% is from the fun stuff.
May go back to Weight Watchers..... havent quite decided yet.

Water: 8-12 glasses a day

Biggest Weakness: FOOD in the evening.... I graze at night when I am tired. I especially crave sweets.

I know that my goals and plan are pretty well defined and I dont assume that everyone elses is there yet..... I have been really looking at this for awhile.

What I would like to see from everyone else is their starting point.
You can follow what I did above: Name, age, height, weight, size, goals that you have (which dont neccessarily have to be weight related, could be want to walk a mile by 4th of July.... whatever is important to you). Give us a brief introduction and the we can go from there......Anything else you would like to include do so....

I am so glad that all of you are here to help me, encourage me and support me.... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Hopefully all the old timers will come back and along the way some newbies will come join us.....

I am so glad the wedding and honeymoon are over and hopefully I can now get back to the real world!

How is everyone doing???? What are you wanting to focus on?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:41 PM   #2  

Default 5 Week Challenge

Ok Ladies - I am going to do a personal challenge over the next 5 weeks to get myself back into action and on plan.

You have seen my goals from above and i am going to continue on that course along with the following:

1) Take a look at going back on Weight Watchers.... take a look at TOPS.

2) Try for 10,000 steps on the pedometer.

3) Cut out the sweet drinks (Sodas and Sweet Teas, etc).

4) See 5-6 Customers a Day (work related goal).

5) Do at least one evening exercise class.

6) Get 7-8 Hours Sleep.

I have really got to start getting on target. This isnt so much about losing all the weight (which is important!) it is more about health.

I am needing lots of support so I hope everyone is going to be around.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:30 PM   #3  

Hello, I love new threads and need to be challenged! Here goes...

My name is Marina, my husband owns a home building business (Ideal Construction) thus my name...Idealperson. I work for the State of Wisconsin in the Probation, Parole and Pardon office, I have four children (ages 18 years to 18 months). I joined Weight Watchers in Jan. 2003 and have lost 44#. I went from a size 18 to a size ten. I want to lose about 12 more pounds to reach my goal. I am 5'7" and hope to be at goal by August. I exercise at Curves x4 per week and do 40-50 sit ups before bed, I drink alot of water and my biggest weekness is sweets and chips. I try to find low fat alternatives, but would be better off without any of them. I would like to find support, ideas, and encouragment to keep on track and maintain my weight loss. Nothing would be more devastating than to work this hard and gain it back!

My next weigh in is June 2 and my goal is to be down 2.5 pounds!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #4  

44#'s since JANUARY!!!!! WOW!!!!! Another member of ours is in the same great boat - "Losing in Illinois" has lost in the 40's also.... that is so wonderful.... hopefully I can join you soon....

So how has it been for you on WW? I have been thinking about it I just havent been totally commited. I have been to the meetings in the past and have all the toys.... I may just pull them out and see if I like it.... my hardest part is counting the points.... I never think about it until it is too late and I cant remember what I had or the quantity.

We are a good group of ladies and you are more than welcome here.....
Old 05-29-2003, 06:04 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope all is well....

Working on getting back in the groove over here.... it is hard when you basically been off for 4 weeks....

Anyway, today I am going to really focus on my water intake... get that back up....

Talk to you soon.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

OMG She's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a wonderful honeymoon to boot! Now I don't think that you can beat that deal ifin you tried! Glad that you are back safe and sound. Maybe if we are lucky you have some pics of those beautiul place to share with us!!!!!!!!!! Ok the weight loss thing is going really good for me. I am now into the 180s weighed in yesterday at 188. When I make it to 180 I get highlights. So my goal for the next 5 weeks or so is to make it to 180, exercise at 5 times a week, stay op, have some fun time for myself and ds, and save more for my vacation next month.

Gotta run time to play alarm clock!

sandy
Old 05-29-2003, 03:15 PM   #7  

Hello Ladies!

Great to see you over here! I guess i will start out with a short intro. My name is Beth. I am 30 years old with a 2 year old dd and a 4.5 year old ds. I have been married for 7 years. I have been overweight since high school. Had one succesful weight loss before I got married. But after two kids gained it all back.

This time around I started out at 200 in Jan and I am now as of today officially 154. Yeah! It is a lot of hard work but well worth it. My main problem was way overeating and once I cut back it has been a miracle. I do exericse 5-7 times a week. I do Walk Away the Pounds, walk outddoors or Ride my bike. I am looking for variety so I don't get bored. I do about 2-4 miles a day depending on time.

Goal right now is to start doing some kind of toning I am one big flab already! I also need to do some research on Keeping it off which is where i really struggle! My final weight loss goal is 125-135.

Okay enough about me. Ideal I am so happy to hear from you! I want to know about Curves. How is it for toning? I don't want to waste my money there if it is not big on that because i am losing the weight at home. Its the toning I am worried about now.
Also do you have people bugging you about how much more weight you want to lose??? I here this several times a week. i know some people are just complimenting me but others seem almost judgemental about it. I am only 5'1 Idon't have the height to my advantage. I would say I am only medium framed as well. I got very irritated today at my TOPS group with several asking me this before the meeting and then during roll call a women asked me in front of everyone. I just feel like I have to justify that I am not starving myself or popping pills! I know this is not a bad problem to necessarily have. But this is one of the things that bothered me the last time I lost weight. I got down to 135. You would have thought I was anaroxeic! I am still going to do what I want to do but just curious how you handle it?

I guess my goals maybe different then some. The last time I did it I really didn't finish what I wanted to do. I never toned my body. I was thin with flab. If I am going to all this trouble I want to look d*m good not just good! I may change my mind later but that is how I feel now. Okay I will stop venting!

I hope the rest of you have a great weekend! I have a lot of work to do so I may not see you until next week! Good Luck staying OP!

Beth
Old 05-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #8  

Beth, why don't you tell those people that frankly that is your business and none of theirs. You know how you will look or at least have a good idea in your mind and it is afterall your body. As for the tonning I have had really good success with working in some weight training with my workout but these flabby upper arms(underside). That it the hardest one so far.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:16 AM   #9  

Hey Everyone!!!!

Beth- Are they asking it in a snide way? And if so it maybe that they are jealous of your success and that they wished it was them - they just dont have the determination that you have been showing.... so then they have to act like you are getting to skinny.

I am also short (5'1.5- 5.2) and medium build.... my goal is going to be somewhere around 125-135... not sure yet.... my daughter is 5'1 and 125# and it is alittle thin for me I think so I will have to wait until I get down there.... you just want to get somewhere that is healthy and comfortable for you and also something that will not be impossible to maintain..... but I think you are doing great and I say KEEP IT UP!!!!!! If I was you I would definetly start lifting some light weights.... it will help with the toning.

Well, I have been trying to get back to normal which is harder than you would think..... trying to get back into all my water and getting rid of the junk food.... going to start back at the gym next week..... have been doing some videos right now.

I am realizing that the weight may always be there for me becuase of all the female things. I am now really going to focus on being healthy and fit.... I am supposed to go back on the hormone shots next month - I havent decided if I want to.

I will try to get some pics up in a couple weeks of Italy....

If you want to see the wedding pics they are on

http://www.worldatmydoor.com/siteAlb...site_id=161362

Click on 5-3-03 Johnson.... password is 'ursula'
Old 05-30-2003, 10:03 PM   #10  

Oh Angel please be careful with those shots!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 10:07 PM   #11  

Checked out the pics everyone looked great. Esp the bride! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:18 AM   #12  

Hey Everyone!!!!

The shots are from the doctor.... I am missing an ovary and have a major hormonal imbalance.... they are just trying to get them back in line..... i dont know if they will work since i was on several different ones for over 9 months.... but the dr wants to try... we shall see....

How was everyone over the weekend???? I did pretty good at meal times although I did a 2 chocolate chip cookies yesterday..... but I dont think 2 is bad.... I dont want to deprave myself to where I binge..... all about moderation.....

I didnt do to well on the water though..... gotta get back on it....

Talk to yall later.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:07 PM   #13  

Hello All!

Thanks for the advice! I am feeling better now. I am not going to let other people get to me. I had kind of a rough weekend food wise and I thought to myself they would just love it if I came back with a gain next week! LOL! But I am not going to let that happen. I am back on the wagon.

Angel your pics were beautiful! You are so pretty! I can't wait to see Italy!

Sandy and Ideal how is it going?

Winnie we have not seen you in awhile!

I have to run for today but see you ladies later!
Beth
Old 06-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #14  

Hello All!

Well I am into my little mini challenge to myself and so far it is so-so....

Still trying to get my life back but I am working on it.....

Water is still on the low side.... Sweets are still on the high side....

But I will keep on going.... I can do this....

How is everyone doing????? Missing you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:29 PM   #15  

Hey everyone. Done pretty good so far today. Weigh in on Wed wonder how it will go? Gotta run the dyer is calling me I think that all i do is wash cloths!
Closed Thread