Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 AM   #1  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Default Wednesday Morning Motivation!!

I had a terrible week last week, I'm still sulking about it! I need some motivation and to make myself see that me, myself and I are in control of what goes in my mouth and I need to take hold of that and use it for a great week on plan!!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/187.8/130

Height: 5' 1''

I feel a bit silly suggesting, because I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Maybe this isn't going to help so much but, perhaps you need to look back at what went wrong in the week and actually think of how you could have dealt with the eating differently. If it was a social situation, what could you have chosen differently. If it is a food choice, what could you have had instead. This might make you find TRUE solutions to a problem that will surely come up again rather than sulking about it.

You have done a great job so far losing 10lb just on will power. Now comes the real work of 'LIFESTYLE CHANGE".

I seem to be at the same stage as you and after one month, I have a feeling that will power poops out and old habits have a way of gradually reinstalling.
Jomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/273/130

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday is gone and you can't do a darn thing about it. So first reduce your stress by not allowing yourself to think of it anymore. Imagine a giant chalkboard like in school rooms with everything you ate last week listed on it. Now erase it! Take 10 deep breaths and during each inhale let your mind tell you "I feel good". During exhale, just concentrate on how it feels having your breath leave you. Repeat with "I feel great", "I feel energized", etc., etc. Repeat this exercise as needed. Good luck!
Redgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #4  
Grace

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/154

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
I feel a bit silly suggesting, because I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Maybe this isn't going to help so much but, perhaps you need to look back at what went wrong in the week and actually think of how you could have dealt with the eating differently. If it was a social situation, what could you have chosen differently. If it is a food choice, what could you have had instead. This might make you find TRUE solutions to a problem that will surely come up again rather than sulking about it.

You have done a great job so far losing 10lb just on will power. Now comes the real work of 'LIFESTYLE CHANGE".

I seem to be at the same stage as you and after one month, I have a feeling that will power poops out and old habits have a way of gradually reinstalling.
I went on holiday for a week its harder when it happens at the start of your journey because it then reverts back to so little pound loss but im hoping that with July being quiet on the social side, I can drum in my head that I dont need to binge!!
Blondie160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie160 View Post
I went on holiday for a week its harder when it happens at the start of your journey because it then reverts back to so little pound loss but im hoping that with July being quiet on the social side, I can drum in my head that I dont need to binge!!
Honestly, some times it is good for ourselves and our future success to take a little break. Now that you are back and track you might see even more success because your body isn't in defensive "OMGI'MBEINGSTARVED" mode.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

I need some motivation today too! I have been weighing in at 242 all week...then today 244! Uggghh! I know it is only 2 lbs, but I havent done anything to gain so idk. Im hoping its just water...not my TOM though! Im just going to keep plugging along. I just hate to keep having to lost the same few lbs I already lost! LOL!

Hope the rest of the week is better for all of us!!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Wonderful Wednesday (Hump Day) motivation is greatly appreciated here! I have always dreaded Wednesdays...once that day is over, the week flies, and before I know it, it's Sunday -- weigh in day! I actually look forward to weigh ins now since starting Medifast 12 weeks ago. I have lost 54 lbs. and feel like a new woman! However, I am the single mom of a 15-yr. old trying to bulk up for football. I fix 9 meals a day (6 tiny, healthy ones for me with very few calories, low carb, low fat) and 3 huge ones for my son who has 0 body fat and can eat whatever he wants! I have been doing well about not cheating, but I still get cravings DAILY!!! So, let's all remember this famous quote:

IT'S NOT SO MUCH WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU THAT MATTERS, BUT HOW YOU REACT TO IT!!!

So far, today, and this entire week so far, I have reacted well and not given in to my cravings. Eating to live, rather than living to eat!

Good luck all, and thanx for the great posts!

Sidanne

sidanne42 is offline   Reply With Quote