Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #1  

Default Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is....part 16

In honor of our founder and since she is not feeling well I am kicking off part 16 for her. Rest my friend, rest!

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART SIXTEEN........

Today, I am Happy once again, to give birth to Part SIXTEEN of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will in some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings and remember to make every moment count
Aggie
Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #2  

Morning Everyone!

So here we are. . . part 16 already!

Ags- Please feel better. The POSiTIVE thread is skipping a beat without you. Hugs Sweetmeat!

bcort- This place is addicting isn't it. I'm glad your back and taking charge again.

MrsTee- So glad you had a good weekend filled with great choices. Now let's get that coaches shirt out of the closet, cause your gonna be wearing it soon.

lost- Just remember all those things your scared of are the reason to push forward on this journey. You are brave!

really- Looking fine girl. So glad your back!

I have had a challenging few days. Some powerful cravings for salt I just don't understand. The scale jumped up some, but it's water for sure. I am going to tackle these wants for sodium and win this battle. Today is gonna be water, water, water for me. I demand a good loss on my sunday WI dammit!

Still no word on my EKG. That's annoying the poop out of me. I will be calling today for some kind of answers for sure.

Saw my foot/ankle doctor yesterday and I will be starting therapy for my achilles tendonitis. That will be 3 times a week for 4 weeks.

I now have an even worse case of tendonitis in my right shoulder. OMG! I'm falling apart at the seams!

The POSITIVE of all this is losing this weight will definitely help my aching joints and improve my quality of life.

O.K. That's it for me, I hope everyone has a fantastic tuesday, make it POP girls.

Learn
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #3  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

learn, thanks for starting the new thread! You are sure right that all the things that you are doing (like losing weight, eating better and exercising) will help those aching joints so hang in there, it will get better!

Everyone - wishing you a great week!

for me: feeling more up beat today: my positive is that I finally walked a half mile without stopping! (now afterwards I flopped on the grass in the shade and panted like a fish out of water, but I did it) yay me!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  
Really Doing

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! Hope all is well with you guys.

Ags- Thanks for even starting this thread. It has been such an encouragement! Thank you for the compliment, really, really! =) I hope you are feeling better and as long as you are kickin' at something, it doesn't matter what it is. Just keep (swimming?) kicking! I hope you feel better soon!

Learn-Thank you so much for the compliment and not forgetting about me. Anyway, sounds like you are having such a rough time. I'm so sorry. I know what it is like when your ankles hurt. I had a 3rd degree sprain (I actually think I broke it) from falling down a flight of stairs and all my weight went on to my ankle at a 90 degree angle. Not fun at all. It's so horrendous. I hope you get better. Especially let us know with your EKG. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. And we all crave things. I crave chocolate like it is no one's business. Just fight, fight, fight. You can do it, yes you can! Rah, rah, rah.

Anyway, my positive today is that I bought some new clothes and I bought a 20 in shirts. In the UK, that is like a US size 16. That was a great feeling. Besides buying new clothes always makes me happy and I had a lovely smoothy called Cherry Cheeky. I love smoothies and it was my treat for the evening (today is my cheat day).

So, hope all is well out there with each of you! Let's keep it going! God bless! xx

P.s. What does 'POP' mean?

-Bridget

Last edited by reallytrying; 06-21-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #5  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Oh no, I had a terrible afternoon! I had a family shock so I plowed into a really bad lunch and then I made myself throw up - I haven't had a problem with that in a long time, I feel so ashamed that I almost didn't admit it here, but I am gonna try to accept it and move on without punishing myself.... grrr I know I am not alone in struggling, you guys can be positive, I can try too.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbutstilltrying View Post
Oh no, I had a terrible afternoon! I had a family shock so I plowed into a really bad lunch and then I made myself throw up - I haven't had a problem with that in a long time, I feel so ashamed that I almost didn't admit it here, but I am gonna try to accept it and move on without punishing myself.... grrr I know I am not alone in struggling, you guys can be positive, I can try too.

O.K. lost no need to feel ashamed, but try to gain control and think what doing that does to your body. Whatever happened is not worth treating your body that way. Think positive thoughts and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers that all will be O.K. Hang in there!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallytrying View Post

P.s. What does 'POP' mean?
-Bridget
Hi Bridget!

POP: Perfectly On Point (For Weight Watchers fans)

POP: Perfectly On Plan (For us others)

Learn
Old 06-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Hi everybody! Thanx for sharing your ups and downs; it helps to know I'm not alone. So, my positive for today is that I got back on the job hunting rollercoaster and turned in another application packet to yet another elementary school today. I didn't get the job I wanted at my son's school, but I've decided that, in the grand scheme of things, perhaps that is for the best, and there is a better job out there for me! So keep your fingers crossed that this latest attempt at becoming a full-fledged teacher proves successful!!! All my ducks are in row (sorry about all of the bird metaphors!) and I am fully certified, so here's hoping I will find a job soon!!! Best wishes for a wonderful week ahead to all!!!

Sidanne

Old 06-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Lost - you say you haven't had that problem in a while - what brought it on this time? Did you guilt yourself over your binge and tried to lessen the damage, or did you eat til you puked, was it emotions over the shock or is it a habit that's come back? Please analyze the why so you can stop the behaviour immediately. Thank you for having the courage to post this here - we all support each other - that's the point.
I'm sending you lots of

Sidanne - good luck with the job hunt! Good attitude - the perfect one hasn't been found yet, so don't waste your time over the silly people who couldn't see your true potential and concentrate on being ready for THE ONE!

Bridget - yeah for new clothes in smaller sizes! Good for you - keep up the good work.

Learn: please be well - I can sew, but my needle doesn't reach to Florida for me to sew up your seams! How goes the vacay planning?

Ags: Missing you - hope this means you are resting and relaxing and taking it easy on yourself!

Lynnie: My positive lady - a big hello to you to!

Mrs Tee - you are doing fantastic! I'm so proud of how quickly you are moving along! Good for you being POP my weaselette!

Well, to all our other lurkers and droppers-by - hope everyone is well and keeping their spirits (and heartrates!) up. I'll POP on by again tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #10  

Ladies and Weasels - good day/evening to you!!!

I am in charge of my mind. I am in charge of my life.

So great to read how honest we can be here! Lost, my favourite saying is you cannot unring a bell. What's done is done, and please don't spend too much time looking backwards. Just know that if you keep thinking positive about yourself, reflect on all the good days, good choices, things will all fall into place. Move Forward into a new successful day!!!

Learn, woman you are a physiotherapist's delight!!!! Are you of a " woman of certain age"? Somewhere late 40s early 50s in other words? I know I am over the 50 hill now, and so many bits of me are either falling off, sagging, breaking or just stopping working!!!!! Hooray for aging gracefully...
Also, if your EKG was truly terrible, I'm sure you'd have heard by now, fingers crossed you get news soon.

Ags - you get better soon, so you hear! That's an order!

Laura thanks foir the compliment! No one has noiticed my loss yet, ( paper towel roll theory elsewhere on this thread) but I know...
Bridget and Sidanne - hello to you, stick around - this place helps!! REALLY helps!!
And for me it's POSITIVELY on PROGRAMME!!!!! Anyway you like - its works, and POP goes the Weasel - hence the Weasel tag, not a comment on our looks!!

POP POP POP Poppin' along - is that line from a song? Should be!

Mrs T
Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #11  
Every moment is a choice

S/C/G: 450/tracker/??

Height: 5' 6"

Hi-Hi Lovely people,
Aggie, I hope you feel better very soon. You have such a bubbly loving way about you.
Sorry about the test results wait Learn. On the flip side, maybe it's a lack of badness which relates to the lack of urgency on their part to communicate with you...but it still stinks to have to wait and wait.
Lost - good with the walking! Sorry about the family upset and the purging. It's good you can talk about it, keeping it secret makes it even worse (BTDT) and there is no shame in it...we all slip up in our own way, just shake it off and get back on the path you want for yourself.
Bridget, I hope your new clothes fit well and look super cute...and hi :-D

Sunday I twisted my bad knee while mowing the lawn. I can still walk on it, but it is *twingy* and I'm worried that if I'm not careful it will get worse, so stopped taking walks with coworker in the middle of the day. It's discouraging, but I can't take the chance of hurting it and ending up on the cane again. Work is super stressful, not sleeping much, using evil nasty chemical caffeine drinks and not making great food choices. No outright binges but not feeling as healthy and proud of myself as I was a week ago... Wow all those nots and the point was to say something positive. Tonight I went to the high school and walked around the track (less likely to hurt my knee if I walk on a flat soft surface) Yay for going out by myself :-) Last week my son graduated from high school and to get ready for the ceremony I re-pierced my ears and plucked my eyebrows and shaved my legs and even wore a little lipstick. I haven't done that much girly primping all at once for years! No one said anything so maybe they didn't notice, but I feel more put-together.

Maybe if I'm careful for a few days I can get back to my multi-walks on Monday. That will be my thing to look forward to...

Take care everyone and be good to yourselves, you are wonderful and deserve to be treated well :-)

Best wishes,
Snap
Old 06-22-2011, 05:25 AM   #12  

Happy Wednesday Weaselettes!
Oh boy the thread is jumping, I love when it's jumping.

Lost- Congrats on the non-stop half mile. AWESOME!!! Now I'm picturing you flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water. (Tee Hee Chuckle Chuckle)
I do hope your feeling better and have stopped punishing yourself. We're here for support whenever you need us.

Bridget- Hey another thing we have in common, the FL connection and falling down some stairs. I fell down a short flight of stairs, but hit hard on concrete. My neck has never been the same.
OMG! The smoothie sounds delish, love cherry!

sidanne- I have got everything crossed that can be crossed that you land that teaching job. Good luck to you!

Laura- Don't worry I've got plenty of needle and thread. The vacay planning is still on, but looks like we won't be able to go for a full week as previously planned. Gonna be a leave friday come home tuesday vacay. Better than nothing since it has been about 7 years since our last vacay.

MrsTee- Yes I am "woman of a certain age". I will be 52 in september. I feel the same way about my EKG, if was terrible I would have heard right away. I just get irritated at my old drs office and they're lack of caring. That's why I left them and went to this current dr.
Here's a woman of a certain age quote for you. . . "It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker."

Snap- Hey girl, long time no post (see). So glad your back, now take care of that knee, give your son a congratulations from 3FC, and remember as long as all that girly stuff made you feel special that's all that matters.

Ags- Missing my nieghbor. We need you healthy, so rest.

CJ- Thank you again for the link to number 16. Your the best!

My turn. . .
Had a good POP low sodium day yesterday. Tried to mix things up in the pool and did some different exercises and this morning my knees are throbbing. It's a good throb though. Found some muscles that have been in hiding for a while.
Still working on vacation plans. Looks like it's gonna be a long weekend thing. Leave on friday and drive home tuesday. Got an offer we could not refuse yesterday from my DH cousin. She asked use to stay with her, so I was able to cancel our hotel reservations with no penalty. That saves us over $350.00 and the best part is she has a pool, so I can keep up with my pool exercise while away. Now to just stay as low carb as possible and I'll be O.K.

Well that's it Weaselettes. Gonna get out there and POP my day. You should too!

Learn
Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #13  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

positive thought: believes that every situation you are in gives you a little something to take with you to the next one, this is true of relationships, jobs, friendships, etc

positive action: I have to babysit alittle longer today then what I do normally. But I have off tomorrow YAY ME!!!! I have been eating pretty good but getting that exercise in has been hard for me so I count all the lifting i do of the baby.

Lynn
Old 06-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/260/140

Height: 5'6

Thanx for all of the support, ladies! I just found out about two more job openings for Elementary Teachers in my area, so will try for those as well. There are so many qualified teachers and people in general looking for work these days, however there is only one me, and my future employer will be fortunate to have me!

I am doing well on the diet front. Still feeding the future football star tons of calories whilst steadily limiting my own. Not sure if I could do it solo, but the Medifast plan is working great for me. 54 lbs. down in 3 months...and dearly hoping I can claim 60 lbs. lost this Sunday!

Thanx for all of the great posts and inspiration!!! Together we shall succeed!!!

Sidanne

Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #15  

Morning Ladies!

Quick hello today, busy day at work. Keep up the good work everyone, the days roll past so quickly, let's steer straight towards our goals, and add those POP days one after another, just each day at a time. And we'll be seeing differences and NSV's in no time.
There is nothing I cannot handle

Enjoy your day off Lynn, Learn, I'll keep the gurgling noises to the minimum...

Mrs T
Closed Thread