South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Thumbs down It started with breakfast... (read at your own risk!)

So DH and I went up to the Adirondacks with a friend and her husband on Saturday to a camp her family owns. She and her husband and I had started this round of "dieting" at the same time (my husband can eat pizza 3 times a day everyday and somehow manage to stay lean, hmph). They weren't exactly doing SB, but they were cutting down on the carbs and fats and eating out so we are a bit on the same page in terms of food choices. However they like to "cheat" on the weekends. So we go up to camp completely prepared to eat healthy. When they were snacking on chips I opted for celery, carrots, hummus and tzatziki. While they drank beer I had ONE vodka with seltzer and drank water the rest of the time. I brought chicken and veggies for kabobs to grill and everyone loved them. It was a success.

On the way home Sunday we stopped to get breakfast. It started with the coffee. No Splenda. I really really dislike Equal and Sweet n Low and cannot do black coffee so I opted for sugar... then I ordered 2 fried eggs. And two pancakes. With bananas and chocolate chips. And maple syrup. Okay one little slip up, I can recover. When we got home I made a strawberry smoothie. Good job, Katie, getting back on track. Then I had ice cream. Who put that in the freezer??? It's okay, dinner will be better. I cooked up the leftover chicken and veggies from the night before and put them on a big bed of kale and it was delicious. I followed it up with more ice cream. And a nsa fudgsicle, 3 blow pops, 2 sugar daddies and 2 small bags of sugar babies...

I still have strawberries and blueberries in my fridge so I don't want to waste those to do a P1... but I wanted to post this day just as a way to be accountable for my very bad decision day...
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #2  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I have a feeling it all started with that tiny little packet of sugar in the coffee... isn't that how it always goes? Well, I must say that I am so impressed that you had chicken & veggies & kale for dinner! I don't think I'd have had that self control for such a healthy meal. Don't spend too much time stressing about yesterday, since we all know stress can inhibit weight loss. You're back in your zone this week and that means homecourt advantage! =)
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #3  

I have been saying for the past few weeks that I need to keep splenda or truvia packets in my purse with me to have on hand at all times. I should do that NOW so I'll be prepared for the next time!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Don't beat yourself up over it, put it behind you and start over .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

You now have a wonderful opportunity to learn how to get back on track after a slip . Seriously, slip ups will happen - that's a given - but what's not a given is keeping the slip going for days, weeks, etc. I don't think you need to go back on Phase 1 - just be strict Phase 1.5 or 2 or whatever Phase you were on and you should be good in a couple of days.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #6  

That's the plan, to just recover from yesterday and move on... I'm not really that upset over it, I just know that if I didn't post it here it would be like pretending it didn't happen and then it's a slippery slope down from there! Back on track today!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

Well first of all congrats on GETTING BACK ON THE WAGON... Its always hard to stop when you start down that road.
Second though I have family down and have been desperately trying to figure out what to make for dinner..... Hence your chicken kabobs sound fab. what did you put on them? I used to put a small amount of bbq but obviously thats not gonna happen. So your ideas would be great.

Ok so side note just looked up SF BBQ sauce. Apparently this exists. Any ideas if it is SBD appropriate?

Last edited by OnMyWayDown; 06-20-2011 at 01:41 PM.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Gosh, I sympathize. This morning began with eating half of a greasy spoon breakfast. :/

Pick yourself back up and keep on moving. Good for you!
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #9  

I marinate them in lots of different things. Sometimes a mixture of soy sauce and italian dressing, sometimes some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper...
Old 06-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh you are not alone. I can't tell you how many times I can track back to the one thing I put in my mouth that started me off on a crazy binge. Just a few weeks ago it started with breakfast for me too!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'4"

Chuckle - the last 5 days were "read at your own risk" - but the nice thing is that I do not feel guilty. Guilt, you see, then starts the binge again! So I will have none of that . . .

I know that the graduation parties, the mom's birthday, the Father's Day and the celebration of the end of the school year were all just blips on the radar. Back to normal today!

Be well -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes when I have a day when I kind of lose control and I know I am not eating SB, I switch to calorie counting to minimize damage. That way I maintain what little control I have left over the rest of my day. Nutritionally I may have blown it, but calorie wise I can stay within my limits.
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'5"

Been there!! Way to go getting back on track!!!
Jenmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #14  

Haha, I think I was beyond the point where I could calorie count. I mean, is there really 14 servings in a half gallon of ice cream? The last time I did South Beach I fell off the wagon during the holidays. It started with Christmas cookies, then New Years drinks, then my birthday in January... then I just forgot everything. So this time if I am "planning to go off plan" I will definitely have a plan to get back on plan. Thanks everyone for the support out there, I love this site