South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:16 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default South Beach Daily Chat-Tuesday, June 21

Good Morning

Happy First Day of Summer!

We traveled yesterday and had SNOW on both mountain passes! Rather amazing, but not the first or the last.

Well Rudi has crossed over and Bing is taking his new job, "Alpha Dog" quite seriously. He used to look so small...now he looks so big. I'm sure he will have some personality changes, too. We are sad but somewhat relieved. It has been a hard year since Rudi dislocated his hip last July. He was happy right until the end but my back was tired. Grateful to have known him.

Our garden looks spectacular! It has grown like crazy in the week since I was last over. Today I'll bike to the pool for water aerobics then bike to church for VBS then home for the afternoon before heading to our first farmers market! Yay! Summer! I have meals planned for the week but tonight's selection is "Farmer's Market Improv". I'm excited to see what we'll have.

How is everyone's day shaping up?? Stop and chat

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Farewell to beloved Rudi but he waits at Rainbow Bridge. I share your sadness, Debbie, having been there many times.

Another glorious first day of summer is cranking up slowly. The furries and I will go out to watch the sunrise in a few minutes.

It sure felt good to dump all that accounting onto our accountant's desk yesterday. After that I had lunch with some friends and then tackled more of my veggie garden. My electric weed whip really works well! I feel so macho when I use it.

At nine, Disney is off to the vet as she has a spot on her ear that may need attention. It may be an infected tick bite and I probably could look after it myself but, if there is pain involved, I'd rather the vet looked after it. After that it's Good Food Box distribution so my morning is pretty much shot. Donna is supposed to come to clean but we won't get excited about that until it happens. There will be some more gardening this afternoon and banking has to happen in there somewhere.

It's the longest day so let's enjoy every minute.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

It's the longest day so let's enjoy every minute.
Good idea, Ruth! The only thing you could do to fit more in would be move further North so you'd have more daylight! I hope the vet finds a simple solution for Disney and thanks for the kind words.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - to you and Kurt and Bing. I'm so glad I had a chance to meet Rudi. I hope he has found my buddy Fox who also needed help getting around her last year, and they are having a marvelous time chasing bunnies. Extra scritches to Bing in his new role.

Ruth - I hate ticks. Hope it's an easy and painless fix for Disney.
I have 2 electric weed whips - 1 battery and one corded. I have trouble with both but wish I could find one that works for this crazy yard. Sometimes I do like the ancient manual tool but it's time to get something more efficient.

DW is finally seeing someone at her new primary care docs this morning. After much fussing they got her in with the assistant. At this point we just want someone to start ordering blood work and get this thing moving. We don't expect any answers yet but will feel better knowing things are moving.

I'm heading to the part of my turf closest to the doctor she is going to, just in case. Other than that it's a normal day for me.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just in from the deck. It's absolutely glorious out there with new sunlight, loons flying and hollering and my Japanese silk lilac scenting the air. I looooove summer!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Cyndi, I smiled for a moment....remembering you met Rudi. We were quite the crew heading out for dinner! BTW-Kirk says hi. I hope you and Julie are getting closer to some answers. Take care!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,
Debbie, I'm so sorry about Rudi. I've had several pets pass on and it was always very painful but I really felt they had gone to a better place. Anyway, do you think you will get another dog?

I woke up to a VERY strange insect in my bathtub. It was pretty big, with many long legs and two long antennae. The thing looked quite "silky", not hard like a water bug/beetle. It met a rapid end but I hate it when that happens because I never know what else is "lurking." Here, in the summer, we get huge waterbugs when it rains (they literally crawl out of the drains and faucets) and they are SO GROSS. This was was less objectionable, but still had to go.

Cyndi, whenever I see a special bird now think of you. The other day I saw a bright red robin and a crane diving for fish.

((Yawn)) yesterday at work was so boring...must self motivate. AF pretty much arrived this morning so maybe this is just going to be a day of sitting around spacing out. I do have to run over to my son's school at lunch to give him his meds, so exercise is taken care of. Hope everyone has a great day...

Last edited by Mmckellen; 06-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:34 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Matilda, yuck for bug surprises! Was it a cricket? They're infamous here for bathtub appearances. I hope your boring day goes quickly. I don't think we're getting another pup. Bing, the cocker spaniel we rescued when Lexxiss passed in Sept.09 is really a special needs kid....along with our barfing cat my hands are full.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, no we also have crickets (they like my glass and mug cabinet, gross) but this was long like a centipede. I'm surprised my cat missed it; she's usually pretty good about getting bugs, although I did see her hunting something last night and maybe it was this and it just got away.

This quote landed in my mailbox this am. I'm going to take a look at my own "playlist":

Most of us tend to replay certain memories over and over in our minds; usually unconsciously.

Now it's up to you, to choose what memories are on your playlist that you can recall at any moment. Take control and create a specific playlist that is inspirational and motivational.
What's on your playlist?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Lexiss - I'm sorry for your loss of Rudi, but it sounds like you did what was best for him.

Ruth - ahhhhh, the lilacs smell beautiful, I am sure! What a lovely picture you painted!

Cyndi - hope you start getting some answers for DW.

MMCK - ew!! I don't mind bugs so much, but you're right...in a bathtub...yuck!! Hope you get to lounge a bit today!

I'm off for a long day of work today, nothing too exciting. I should've gotten up early to exercise today, but just couldn't do it. Maybe tomorrow!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A to Debbie for your loss. Even though Rudi is in a better place where he can run and romp with his furry friends, I know you and Kirk have heavy hearts. Please accept my condolences.

Cyndi, I'll be thinking of Julie today and keeping my fingers crossed that this new dr will have some answers and she can start getting some relief from her allergies.

We have rain on this first morning of summer. I'm sure the girls will be waiting for me with plans for either crafting or baking or both. I took them out shopping for shorts and swimsuits for camp yesterday, and Maggie had a birthday gift card to spend at Justice. Those girls are getting so picky with their clothes all of the sudden! I picked several items that were adorable, but the girls had their own ideas of the styles they wanted. They did get some cute things, though, and Cindy was happy with their choices.
I have my routine appointment with Melinda for my cut and color before I head over this morning. During my last appointment we had a storm that knocked out power, and she had to finish my cut in the dark and I left with dripping wet hair.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - My heart goes out to you. I didn't realize your name came from a pet.

Ruth - Gotta love a good power tool. Busy, as usual, for you.

Cyndi - This is about her vision? Or allergies? I hope she gets answers and there is an easy fix.

Matilda - Ugh. The only thing worse... finding a creepy crawly in the bed and THEN wondering about its friends!

Linda - I don't know if I wish I had girls to shop with or am glad I don't!

We have the last roofing estimate this morning, then exercise, then DH takes his mom to the doctor this afternoon. I'm looking forward to making crack slaw for lunch and eating the leftovers for days. We are expecting some very nice weather, finally, but the paths might be horribly muddy from all the rain so not sure if we'll get on our bikes.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
Cyndi - This is about her vision? Or allergies? I hope she gets answers and there is an easy fix.
Karen - This is the double vision. We hoped the allergies were most of the problem but the double vision and lid droop both outlasted the really bad allergies. There are lots of possibilities and having someone start checking things out will help us stop running the list in our heads. Thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

I caught an hour of rest and now it's time to really get going!

Twynn, I wish you were nearer. Thanks for all your help...I think one of your suggestions made a big difference for our boy these past few months. I always hope your work days are uneventful...you should have heard the staff when they heard their first patient of the day would be Rudi. "Oh no, not the first thing!", they said.

Linda, I had to laugh….at least Cindy was happy with the girls' clothing choices. Yay for a hair appointment!

Karen, I hope you find some dry paths for bike riding. Yes, I lost Lexxiss my 1st fall here at 3FC. When I picked her for my username I had thought she'd be with me for years. Cancer took her very quickly.

OK, gotta pick rhubarb and be on my way.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Debbie it's always a sad time but he is in a better place.

Matilda- yuck bugs I hate whenever I see one in my house. I liked your quote think I will have to mull that over

Saw the weirdest thing coming into work- semi in front of me moved half way into the other lane so I did the same not knowing what was in front. And there walking nonchalantly was a beautiful chestnut horse, was not spooked at all by the trucks or car going by, just walking along. There was a truck with its emergency lights flashing on the other side following so I am assuming that was it's owner.

Okay I have a call to do in 3 minutes got to hussle will try to be back later.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-21-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Closed Thread