Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 06:55 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encouragers #170

Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who encourage each other each and every day. If you need a friend or some encouragment for your diet plan, you have come to the right place.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:58 PM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening Friends

Well, tomorrow is our 2nd walk-thru so it looks like the closing will be Monday or Tuesday. I am really getting excited now but wow, there is so much to do.....not counting the packing.....there's the electric, water, gas, cable, DISH, phone......

Greg is playing golf tonight so I am going to run and take advantage of the time and pack some more....

have a wonderful Friday tomorrow.....

In Christ,
Me <><
Old 05-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #3  

Blessing to all!
Sorry it has been awhile again. I stopped one of my meds that was making me CRAVE SUGAR and it also made me have bad dreams. But the side effect of going off the meds was PAIN. I was so bad after 1 week that I ended up back in the DR. office and I am on a new one. I am starting to feel better but the side effect of this drug in I feel sick at the smell of food (reminds me of the morning sickness days) I am looking at the bright side of things maybe I will lose weight! My dear Son Graduated!!!!! I am so happy! I am glad everyone is doing well and Zoe I am so happy for you!!!!!! Wilma I have been making big changes in my eating. Ez I have had some problems doing the work out the Dr. gave me But I am going to work on it. And maybe start walking this week end. I have such bad back pain and I have found that I have bad pressure point in my back that it is hard to lay on my back. Well it is late and I just wanted to say Hi. And Michele Take time to make your life better and think about how you want the guys to treat you and respond according.
Prayers with all of you,
Sami
Old 05-30-2003, 08:42 AM   #4  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It has been pouring rain all night. Hopefully that means the weekend will be beautiful. I have to work Saturday morning. We do an event for the kids who have accounts with us. There's pony rides, cotton candy, face painting, etc. It should be fun!

Oldest DS is into his 3rd week of his job and is happy to have work. Younger DS has a line on a job and hopefully will find out in the next few days. He's getting bored and is laying around the house too much. He has no friends in the city which doesn't help much. Our new church has a college and career group and they've been invited to that so hopefully they'll make friends there.

Well, gotta go to work. Have a super day!
Old 05-30-2003, 09:20 AM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers

Patti~looking forward to hearing about your new house, how fun! Maybe stressful too, so try to take care of you. Maybe while you are making all the phone calls to set up utilities, you can make an appointment for a massage or spa treatment for you!

Sami~hope you do better on the new meds. Those side effects are horrible but the pain is probably worse.

I have been making smaller goals for myself and feeling a little better about things. Last night I got back on track with my checkbook and it's online now and i can see my bills and try to budget more. That was a big accomplishment for me. Today I have lots of small errands to run and have work at noon.

I spoke to Mr.Friday and I told him about what my mother said and I apologized and he was really great about it. He was happy I called and we're talking again. It was humbling and I feel that I did the right thing. Thank you for all your words. Don't worry it wasn't something about how he treated me, it wasn't personal. He apologized too for what he said, knew it wasn't right. He impressed me with how he handled it. I'm glad we discussed it and it showed me that maybe we can get through some things. There is maybe some truth in it that I got scared when we hit a bump in the road because I like him so much. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

Have a great day!

Oh, I need some coffee ~o) !

Old 05-31-2003, 07:36 AM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Saturday Morning my fellow CE-er's

As usual, I wanted to sleep later today and I'm up and wide awake. This happens to me EVERY Saturday. After being up early all week, I want to try and sleep a little later on Saturday morning but nooooooooo...............I wake up ready to get going at such an early hour. I suppose it's a mental thing, huh?

We had our 2nd and FINAL walk through yesterday so the closing is going to be as fast as they can get all the paperwork together. I'm thinking Tuesday. Monday will be too short of a notice since they have to give me the $$ figures for my checks. UGH! I feel broke already....Ha! But I am so excited now and ready to move. So is my son Chris since he's going to move into our old house here. He and his girlfriend and anxious for her 3 yr old son to have a backyard.

Sami ~ Hang in there girl. I'm praying that you can adjust all your meds and feel great.

Michelle ~ I laughed about your checkbook. That's why I have 2 checking accounts......I can leave one alone for a month so I know it's right.

Wilma ~ Wow, pony rides, cotton candy, face painting....I want to be there. Have fun.

Hi to everyone......have a great Saturday....we will be shopping for a pool company.

In Christ,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 05-31-2003, 08:15 AM   #7  

Angry Hi there-

I got caught up on all the news, sorry I haven't been around Camping was fun and the weekend (last) wasn't bad at all, alot of the rain stayed away which was good. An older gentleman from my church tried to committ suicide. He suffers from the effects of a stroke that took place 12 years ago. His name is Bob. He has been unable to sleep nights for several weeks, has bowel/bladder issues. He has long term memory losss. He is really depressed. I think he lives under the law, and not under grace which only adds to depression, when you can't be good enough. He really could use prayer. He is in mhu. He had to wait for a referral to psych for his insurance to cover. But since he took an overdose of blood thinners and slit his wrist. He got right in, go figure. Sad isn't it.
Zoe- I am excited for you, that sounds like lots of fun, and decorating will definitely be, enjoy.
Mitchy- Hope all goes well with Mr. Friday, if its ment to be it will.
Wilma- your chicken stroganoff recipe sounds yummy got to try it, thanks. Your event sounds like lots of fun, the kids will enjoy it I am sure.
Sami- pray you are soon on the mend, and feeling better!!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:19 AM   #8  

Angry continued-

E.Z.- Did you hear there was an armed holdup in the Albany N.Y. area- they robbed the truck delivering my tacos, they must be good! ha ha ha
Mrs. Hummer- where are you and how are those babies, pray all is well with everyone that is M.I.A. busy summer, and it will go quickly. Take care. Sue
Old 05-31-2003, 10:37 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SATURDAY

HAPPY WEEK-END CE'rs

I am waiting for my daughter to come-- we are going to church this morning for a ?retreat? We have tried to get together at a place outside of church for a few years for fellowship but we haven't been able to come up with a location-- so we are having it at church. The principal of our school's son is speaking-- great guy and pastor.
Went to a party with my wife last night for teachers from her school that are retiring-- it was really fun-- then we went to Baja Fresh in town for a fundraiser for the high school cross country team my son coaches-- this was all after a busy day at work and a teeth cleaning-- no time for exercise yesterday. I will have to get it in after I get back from the retreat and before I go back for service tonight-- going to church tonight because my brother and I are working Sunday.

doitforme-- Hey I have no control over the tacos and sun once it leaves state lines I am glad to hear the weather wasn't too bad for your camping-- it seems to have calmed down everywhere for a few days now. That is really sad for your older member--it is just so unfortunate that we all don't have someone to take care of us when we get older-- and the cost!! I live around alot of folks over 70, what struggles they have-- they are always telling me how they wish they were young like me again (49) Just 2 days ago my next door neighbor fell and maybe broke her shoulder and hip-- her daughter and sil live with her now but they are in their 70's-- she is 98 I think. Have a great week.

ZOE WOW!! a new house coming soon-- how exciting! I have been in mine now since '79 and as much as I would like a new one- I just as much want to stay here! I know what you mean about sleeping in-- just doesn't happen at our age-- I just look at it like it gives me more time to read the paper or post with you guys-- of course I should be out running now with my wife on her 3.5 mile run-- I am giving her some ALONE time Good luck with the new place.

MICHELE I hope you and the new guy had a great time! Where are those grad pictures?I like Zoe's idea on the checkbook-- works for me! Actually my wife and I have our own checkbooks-- we each pay different bills that way it isn't too much work for either one-- it isn't a my money/her money thing-- our names are on each account and we each have access to either account-- just some bills come out of one or the other-- the "we have to pay bills" vs. the extra money bills stuff. Take it easy on those boys-- remember we are not too smart

SAMI You just keep going forward dear no matter what happens! Keep changing medicine until they get it right-- do the best you can on the exercises and eating-- IN TIME there will be results. Hope the boy had a great graduation-- did you ever get a party date? How are those DD's treating you and each other? Glad to see you posting.

WILMA Wish I was with you at your event, I love those things. Here in California every city around us has a street fair in the spring or summer-- not sure if they have them where you are. Anyway the town next to us has the biggest in the state-- over 100,000 people come to it twice a year-- really cool-- the others are not as big but some are close-- after a few though it is the same ol crafts and stuff-- still fun. My daughter has been lokking for work too for the last 2 weeks-- she could go back to the diner she worked at last year but would rather not as they give her the late night shifts because she is just for the summer help. She has gotten a few call backs to coach at tennis camps but the ones that have called so far are for just week-end or 2 day'ers. She is still trying (and taking the ones that come in). I have a great feeling that you are still doing great on the walks, exercise and eating-- as I sadi before-- get those boys pushing you!! Just for the rest of the summer-- YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY in the fall with your success!!

Well gotta get ready for the retreat--

IN HIS LOVE- Gary
Old 05-31-2003, 12:04 PM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello CEers ,

Hope you had a nice time at church today. You've been a busy bee lately!

I may see Mr.Friday tonight, kind of a spur of the moment thing, he may be helping w/sound for another band at the place i met him at last week. I'd love to see him and the drive isn't too bad for me. We're talking and getting along well. Although he's worrying me, having blood sugar problems and BP is high. He called me this a.m. and told me he felt better but woke up with a headache. I didn't tell him, but that's a symptom of problems with diabetes and high BP. He's trying to take better care of himself, but he has a bad family history of heart problems. He says he's cutting down on the reg. soda from 3 a day to 2 I want to tell him but then i don't want to be like his mom either. He asks me about certain things, and he's trying, so i offer what i can. (Like I know or take such good care of myself! )
Old 05-31-2003, 05:28 PM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

My morning at work went great. It was a lot of fun painting on kids faces. It was also a great time to be in a fun atmosphere with my co-workers. I got home shortly after noon, had lunch and took an allergy pill. It knocked me out for about an hour. Now I'm getting ready to barbeque chicken for supper. I have it marinating in a teriyaki marinade. I also slice potatoes and onions and put them in foil pockets on the barbeque.

Tonight we go to have coffee at some people we met in our new church. Looking forward to it.

Tomorrow after church will be a relaxing afternoon and hopefully a long walk.

Talk to you more then!
Old 05-31-2003, 07:24 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SATURDAY NIGHT

HELLO

Just killing time before I head back to church tonight. We are taking a friend that is finally coming after 20 years-- yes that is right! 20 years of invitations. I hope all is comfortable for him-- that is one of the reasons we are going tonight, besides I have to work tomorrow, less people- so maybe he will be more comfortable.
Our "retreat" at church today went well. It was on sharing the message of Christ in simple, personal ways-- not through facts and damnation agenda. I think the best part of the day was that the focus was on the "people" and not the church in sharing the message.

Well I am having leftover spinach lasagna tonight but I wanted to leave a recipe we had last week that was awesome and easy--

TRI-TIP-- 3 tbsp Tequila, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp dijon, 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper--- mix in a bag with tri-tip, place in fridge for at least 3 hours then BBQ on grill-- easy and awesome flavor.

Have a great worship-- Gary
Old 06-01-2003, 09:18 AM   #13  

Hello!
I am doing much better these days. I have found the worst side effects so far of my new meds are being nauseous and having no appetite! I can tell I have lost some weight but I am going to wait until next sunday to WI. DS did has graduated! But my DD still has not found a job. Please pray for her to have a job soon!!!! And please Pray for my other DD I am worried that the one friend of her is bad news. Her friend Gina came to my house after school then my DD and friend of thiers left to take Gina home and while they were gone Gina's mom called. She was worried and didn't know where her DD was and that Gina was grounded and was not alloud to be out with her friends. Gina has told all the kids how her mom calls her names and treats her bad. She is the girl who cut her wrist and her parents put her in treatment and have her in counseling. I guess she was bragging in front for my oldest DD that she does what she wants if her parents tell her she can't do something she does it anyway and my oldest DD told her that she wouldn't get away with that here because Mom would make sure you wouldn't leave. I grounded my DD for bringing Gina over when she knew that Gina was grounded and that she was not being a good friend helping Gina do wrong. Please Pray for this troubled girl.
Zoe-Do you have a closing date yet?
EZ-I think it is neat to hear how close you are with your children. You must have done something right!
Wilma-I am praying for your DS and his job. It is painful to see your children wait.
Sherry-where are you?
Mitchypoo-I hope things go well with mr Friday!
doitforme-I hope we hear from you soon but in the mean time enjoy your summmer camping! All that roughing it has to help with the Weight loss!
My prayers are with you all,
Sami
Old 06-02-2003, 08:47 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Monday Morning!

It's a new start to a brand new week. I change responsibilities at work today. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the changes will help my stress load there. I admit I put most of the stress on myself and that's a negative. I need to give my frustrations over to the Lord instead of dwelling on them.

I had a wonderful relaxing weekend. After church we went my aunt and uncles for lunch and a nice visit. Then DH and I went for soft ice cream and a long walk through a quaint neighbourhood. The weather was perfect.

I'm still struggling with my eating and getting those walks in. I need a swift kick out the door.

Sami: You are in my prayers daily. You DD's friend really sounds troubled. Keep posting. I miss you when you're not here.

Gary: How did church go with your friend? I pray it intrigued him more so that he'll want to go again.

Well, I better go prepare for my day. Have a great one!
Old 06-02-2003, 08:38 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MONDAY

HI ALL--

Quickly- as I am making dinner- store roasted chicken, pinto beans, cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce, cilantro, sour cream, salsa on tortillas-- EASY-EASY!

SAMI - So glad to hear you are better and the son graduated!! Sorry for your daughter's friend and the troubles. You did the right thing with your DD on the grounding! You have to keep a tight rein on some kids to convince them who's boss. As I hug my kids I tell them I'll kill 'em if they mess up When they were little they believed me-- now they just know better. I hope the DD gets a great job soon. Keep up the best you can with your health.

WILMA- Boy it sure sounds like you had a great week-end-- the eating and exercise sounds like it is going fairly well too which is what we are looking for. My friend ended not coming to service Saturday night because of a hard day Sat.-- but Sunday he worked with us and said he would for sure make it next week, we shall see-- and of course pray.

Well the beans are overheating as I write!

Later everyone-- Love Gary
Closed Thread