General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/181.7/130

Exclamation Diet Supplements? Hunger out of control!

I'm seriously having a problem lately, everytime I eat I end up being hungry 20 mins later. It's not fair. Is there any diet supplements out there that anyone reccomends to keep me fuller longer? Thx <3
MeggyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

What are you eating? This could be a HUGE reason why you are still eating 20 minutes later.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  

Even when I'm done eating, like 20 mins later I'm hungry. I've been trying to cut back on what I'm eating, but it's weird. When I'm done eating, I'm pretty much full, but then a little while later I get hunger cramps again. Someone suggested to me that I might be dehydrated, but how can I tell the difference?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/185/150

Height: 5'7"

i have days like this and then other days i'm not hungry at all. maybe it's carbs? i know i'm always hungry after if i don't fill up on some protein also.
mandy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #5  

it does have a lot to do with what your eating.. when that happens to me i like to make a cup of tea if im craving sweets and sweeten it with stevia or veggie stock if i want salty things (make sure you make your own tho or at least get low sodium kind!) after a big cup of hot goodness i usually realize im full this will also help if your dehydrated
Amm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Only 20 minutes? Sounds like you may not be eating enough calories, or that you're not eating the right kinds of foods to fill you up. You'd have to write down a day of food for anyone to give suggestions on where you might improve some things.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #7  

I usually eat a bowl of Special K for breakfast. Lunch is usually a turkey sandwich and a serving of chips. Dinner is usually like a cheesburger corn and fruit or something to that extent and then I eat grapes for snacking..
Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

No wonder! That barely sounds like anything. And fruit is good, sure, but where are your vegetables?! (No, corn does not count in this situation. It's a very starchy food. Like potatoes.)

Breakfast... I might add a piece of fruit to that. But, you might want to explore more protein like eggs (hot or even hard-boiled and chilled for on the go times) or turkey bacon. Protein is good and helps fill us up.

Lunch... I'd toss the chips, and instead pack a nice mixed salad to go along with that sandwich. Or some carrots and celery sticks packed with for snacking. If you need more protein or fat you could even add a serving of peanut butter for the veggies. Even salads can be extremely filling when you use bulky vegetables, and then add grilled chicken mixed in with a sprinkle of low fat cheese, and a little bit of homemade olive oil vinaigrette.

Dinner... Where're the greens? Steam some veggies, add a dash of lemon for flavor. A cheeseburger can be budgeted into the calorie allowance, but you can use lower fat cheese and a whole wheat bun.

Snacks... fruit, again, is good... but you could also have some crisp veggies on hand for munching. Maybe a light cheese to go with some apple or the like.

Just some preliminary suggestions. Mostly, though... add veggies!

Last edited by Lovely; 06-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #9  

Yeah, I know I need more veggies. The problem is I don't like most veggies, but I guess I'll learn to. thanks
Old 06-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggyKitty View Post
Yeah, I know I need more veggies. The problem is I don't like most veggies, but I guess I'll learn to. thanks
You don't have to like all veg in order to add them in. Start with the ones you do like! Build up after you've gotten used to eating them more often.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #11  

For eggs, how many would I hard-boil. I'm not great on serving sizes and I tend to over-eat.
Do you have any suggestions?
Old 06-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggyKitty View Post
For eggs, how many would I hard-boil. I'm not great on serving sizes and I tend to over-eat.
Do you have any suggestions?
Hard-boiled eggs keep for about a week, so you can hard-boil a good half dozen without worrying too much.

Also, it will depend on whether or not you eat the yolk. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If I eat the whole thing, just one egg is enough for me, personally. If I don't eat the yolks, I end up eating two hard-boiled eggwhites. (Just leaving the yolk uneaten.) But, of course, that's me. I just eat them with a dash of salt and I'm satisfied.

If you're just starting out, I'd say hard-boil 6, and then see how often you like them.

Here's a site just for some hard-boiling references: Good Egg