Old 06-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Default June Chat

Hi Ladies

I didn't see a June chat thread so I started one. It's been a while since I've been here. The chat threads at the time were just people weighing in, not having actual converstations and supporting each other.

So I'm back. I've fallen, crashed and burn the wagon. But over the last few weeks I've been putting the pieces back together. Step one stop buying the junk and eating better. Step two, exercise. Step three start a food journal again.

At this point it's like starting over. This morning I got on the scale. I wanted to cry. The needle was on 200lbs So off I went to do grocery shopping and am now stocked with health fruits and what not. Tomorrow will my first day putting all those pieces back together. Exercise, food journal and healthy food. I just hope the pounds melt off. I don't like that my clothes don't fit, but I set a goal of 25lbs by Halloween.

A few weeks ago I picked up a really cool cookbook. HungyGirls 300 under 300! OMG....soooo many yummy looking recipes! Last weekend I made the "lasagna cupcakes"! Dee-lish!

It's not where I start that matters, it's that I STARTED!!!

BTW-dinner tonight is my farewell meal! Breakfast tomorrow is going to be eggs, lite whole wheat toast and fruit!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #2  

Hi Jenn Good on you for getting 'back on the wagon'. I did that a few weeks ago and all going well so far. Was feeling a bit blah at the weekend and totally over dieting ... until I bought a new smaller pair of jeans! Was just the incentive I needed to get back on track
Eruanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #3  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi ladies!

Lasagna cupcakes?!?!

I definitely went off the wagon in a nuclear way the past 2 months. But life is starting to level out again, and the past two weeks I've been doing pretty well and keeping it (mostly) together and on plan. Summer weight loss goal re-affirmed: 135 by the time I start my new job in fall.

Go chicks! Power to the peeps!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey Ladies!

Welcome back Jenn! Even if you gained some weight back you have already lost quite a bit, 25 pounds by Halloween sounds like a great goal. The hungry girl cookbook sounds awesome!

I am going to really work at it this month. I will be out of town for almost a week and I am making sure I bring my WW dining companion book with me. I haven't been tracking points since November but I know having it with me will keep me in line!

Last edited by Jelma; 06-06-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #5  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jen!

I think we've all crashed and burned... But "It's not how many times you fall down that matters, it's how many times you get back up".

Weigh in last week put me at 213.6. Not happy with myself. But come Monday I will be starting all over again... Kicking the soda habit and drinking powdered sweet tea after I get a Culligan delivery.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #6  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi Jenn and Misfit! Maybe the "gang" is getting back together now. :-) I am here again and back to doing this. I miss our chats. Glad to see some familiar faces!

My life has changed a lot since I was here last and it's making it somehow easier and harder to get this process going. But, like you said, it's about going forward and picking ourselves up. It really is a journey. I have learned a lot more about myself since the last go round and I think this time I'm going to get it right.

I look forward to continuing with you guys!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #7  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I do believe the gang is BACK!!

Just missed my chicks!

Same old same, here. I decided, at the first of the year to stop obsessing over my intake. I trained for and ran a Half Marathon (5/1) and several 5k's and 10k's in there. I started cycling, and am training for another Half on 9/3.

I love the running and biking, lifting and yoga...I realized that I needed to eat more if I want to loose this last 20 - SO WEIRD.

Good to see all you chicks!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #8  

Had a 'bad' weekend and feeling a bit guilty ... which I know is stupid as it's only a couple of days and back to the gym on Monday.
Eruanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #9  
Less than 15 now!!

Eruanna

Pick up, dust off, and start loving yourself - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 06-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
Hi ladies!

Lasagna cupcakes?!?!
Yup Lasagna cupcakes. It's a recipe from the HungryGirls 300 under 300 cookbook. In short, she swaped the lasagna pan for a cupcake pan and instead of lasagna noodles, she uses wanton wrappers. The cupcake pan gives portion control! Delish recipie!

Getting back on track hasn't been easy. I have discovered that I'm back on track diet wise and do well during the week, but fall off on weekends. So that still needs a bit of tweeking. All the OT I've been doing at work has ended for the moment(as does the extra $$) so I can use that to my benefit when shopping as any extras is out of budget now.

Exercise wise the WATP is getting boring, but I"m not yet ready for a Jillian beating. So it seems like it's time to step up to my 3 Biggest Loser DVD's, Cardio Max, PowerSculpt and Weightloss Yoga.

I haven't gained anymore weight, but I haven't lost any either.

MP!!!!!!! Your Back!!!!!!

Euranna- dont' beat yourself up, that doesn't burn calories. Just give yourself a clean slate and try again.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #11  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

PIXIE!!! *divebomb tacklehugs*

Tiptoed onto the scale yesterday morning... 210.8. So I only gained 3 pounds instead of 6 like I was afraid of. Pesky TOM water weight!

Jenn, I'd love that recipe... Looks like something to try in the summer when it's a little too hot for the big oven to be on.

Shopping yesterday, got all my food for the next month including a big bag of carrots and a HUGE bag of red potatoes.

Overall goal at this point... May 1, 2012, I'd like to weigh in at 180 for my wedding at the end of August that year. Wish me luck!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #12  
Positive Focus

Hey Pix! We just need "Tony" and we'll all be back again! :-) Missed you guys. I've been so impressed with all that you've been up to exercise wise - especially the way you have kept going even with injuries.

I am still struggling every day to eat enough. I am starting to turn the corner to not have my stomach in knots all the time but eating still makes me sick. I want to exercise more, but I can't until I can get at least 1200 calories in per day. I've been averaging about 800 (greek yogurt for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch and some kind of lean meat or protein for dinner with some veggies). I get a free gym membership with my new apartment, so even though I am on a budget I will still have that. And as much as I don't want it, I will have time away from the girls to exercise that doesn't make me feel guilty for not spending time with them. Not having to worry about feeding a man makes it a lot easier to eat healthy - my girls always have liked healthy food. On days when they are with me, it will be easy to keep it going.

Misfit - I am sure you'll make it! We'll cheer you on and wish you lots of luck!

The important part for all of us is what it ahead of us and I think we are all going to be sucessful! We took the first step and came back. Now it's just a matter of supporting each other and getting to our goals!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  
Less than 15 now!!

BeachBreeze2010 - Oh honey......sounds like you've had one heck of a time lately. Bless your heart. I like the way you are accentuating the positive, it will take you far. Praying for you.

Just popped in to say hello. Today is the first day of summer - wahoo! Got up and had a Broccoli Omelet and a piece of toast, planning spaghetti for lunch and something with Black Beans in it for supper. I will have to look on allrecipes.com for some inspiration.

I also want to get our home schooling stuff organized for the upcoming school year. Our state requires hours to be recorded from July - June, so in a short couple of weeks I will need to shift to the 2011/12 school year. I can't believe I will have 4th and 8th graders! My how they grow so fast!

Workout will be upper body weights this evening (maybe P90X Shoulders & Arms)...still no running due to hamstring issue - so will be on the Schwinn for cardio.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 06-21-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitRycher View Post
Jenn, I'd love that recipe... Looks like something to try in the summer when it's a little too hot for the big oven to be on.
I'll definately type it up for you. It may take a while though.

I'm leaving for vacation this Friday!!! Yeah!! Do I need it! I've only taken two personal days off since New years. I'm burnt out and EXTREMELY stressed! I'm going to FL to visit my parents and sister. I'm hoping that will be a great jumpstart to losing the tonage.

So far I've been doing good with the exercise. I walked 3miles Sunday and Monday. Today I'm taking as a rest day, tomorrow as well(last minute laundry) then Thursday BL Cardio Max!!!

OH! For my birthday I asked my family for a Wii system!!! This is soooo much fun!!!! It came with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resorts!!!

Beach Breeze--So sorry you've been having a heck of time lately! But a great big KUDOS to you for seeking out the positive!!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #15  
Positive Focus

Thank you for the hugs, prayers and encouragement. I'm hanging in there the best I can. Life has been so good to me the past several years. I think when things are going well, we have fun with our friends but don't realize how special those friendships are until we need them. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends that have really lifted me up.

I hope you have a great time on your trip Jenn! You'll like the wii. We bought the Dance Revolution game for the girls, but I didn't expect to like it also. It's actually a pretty good workout. I wouldn't let it replace a more structured workout video, but if you're looking for some cardio and to shake your groove thing it's a good time.

That pizza recipe looked really good, Pix. I will save that one. I had forgotten about allrecipes.com. There is some good stuff there.