South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Height: 5'6

Default Any good stir fry recipe for P1?

I love cashew nut chicken so I would like to make a stir fry with veggies, cashews and chicken. But I'm not sure if there is any sauce that is p1 friendly?
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

You could use soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic and some siracha sauce. You can use any sauce really that does not have sugar in it. I recommend you toast the cashew nuts in a pan with no oil before you use them, then heat the garlic in some neutral oil like canola, add the soy and a bit of rice vinegar and cook the chicken and veggies. The sesame oil should be used at the last minute as a garnish. You don't want it to burn.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmckellen View Post
You could use soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil and garlic and some siracha sauce. You can use any sauce really that does not have sugar in it. I recommend you toast the cashew nuts in a pan with no oil before you use them, then heat the garlic in some neutral oil like canola, add the soy and a bit of rice vinegar and cook the chicken and veggies. The sesame oil should be used at the last minute as a garnish. You don't want it to burn.
This is almost exactly what I would recommend. Maybe adding in a bit of natural PB or almond butter to thicken it up, but it would be delish on its own like that.
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182.5/175.6/150

Can I use cornstarch? I like the idea of using a little natural pb in place of sugar that most recipes call for.

Is siracha sauce very spicy? I like spice but my toddler not so much.
nat4crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Ohh sounds delish!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #6  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat4crim View Post
Can I use cornstarch? [...] Is siracha sauce very spicy?
I'd avoid cornstarch on P1. When I need a thickener, I use arrowroot or I just omit the thickener completely so that a substitute wouldn't change the taste. When you have a thin sauce, maybe you can double it and let it reduce in a pan.

I use chili-garlic sauce instead of sriracha because it doesn't have sugar, so without knowing how different sriracha is, I'd just add a touch (maybe 1/4 tsp) for flavor but less spice.I'd try about 1-2 tbsp peanut butter, 3-4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (can substitute white vinegar or water), 1/4 tsp of chili-garlic sauce, and 1-2 minced garlic cloves. I'm guessing since I improvised last time I made something like that. You could start with the smaller amounts and adjust upward if it's not enough. Also, instead of doing the sriracha or chili-garlic sauce, you could add crushed red pepper flakes to your dish, that way yours can be spicy without making your toddler's spicy. You won't need a thickener.
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote