Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Question Sweating like a pig?

Ive never really talked about this "issue" before..so im just curious to know as to weather or not this is a common problem with people who are overweight.. or if this is just a "me" problem...

For years i have been overweight..and for years..i have found that i have broken out into sweating..and it happens all the time. I dont even have to do anything..in fact..its almost like a cold sweat.. I sweat just walking..i sweat when im nervous..i just sweat..

Is this a problem for you??? Do you just randomly start sweating?? Or is this more like a medical issue? or something?
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #2  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

I have the same problem - sweating like a farm animal. I was a normal weight in my younger days and I never recalled sweating the way I do since I became overweight. In my case I think it's weight-related.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

I used to have this problem but since I've lost alot of weight I don't do it much at all! There is hope!
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I don't know much about this topic. Ok - that's a lie. I don't know ANYTHING about this topic.

My personal experience is the opposite of what you might expect. When I was in really good shape I sweat up a storm quite easily. The slightest bit of exertion and I'd be dripping. When I was in terrible shape and 300 lbs I sweat a lot less and it took more to get the sweat going. Now I'm in "ok" shape and I sweat an average amount but it takes a bit to get it going.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I don't know much about this topic. Ok - that's a lie. I don't know ANYTHING about this topic.

My personal experience is the opposite of what you might expect. When I was in really good shape I sweat up a storm quite easily. The slightest bit of exertion and I'd be dripping. When I was in terrible shape and 300 lbs I sweat a lot less and it took more to get the sweat going. Now I'm in "ok" shape and I sweat an average amount but it takes a bit to get it going.
Me, too. I sweat at the drop of a hat now that I'm fit. It's like my body didn't know how to regulate temp, and now that I'm fit, it does. I sweat very easily now.
Ursula745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I've always sweat a lot, but never without prompting. If it's hot, I sweat. If I exercise, I sweat. I've occasionally been victim of a nervous sweat, but fortunately not too often. I haven't noticed a change over time though.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Honey, the most I've weighed is 140, but let me tell you I sweat so much I put most men to shame. I used to be a martial artist...at the end of my high school years I went from 140 to 120 and was an extremely good physical shape...I was JACKED. And you know what? Every time I began working out doing cardio, my face turned BEET RED and I started sweating buckets...like makeup cascading down my face, hair matted, shirts soaked BUCKETS of sweat.

Its gross, it's horrible, it's why I don't join a gym and prefer to work out at home in private. It's just how my body works. I've asked a friend who is getting his masters in exercise science and nutrition, and is a personal trainer. He says that how your body decides to lose heat is completely genetic, and for me, it involves looking like I've just run a marathon after the first 10 minutes of cardio...

You might be one of those lucky ones who stops sweating like crazy once they're down near their goal weight, or you might be like me. The person who sweats all over her work clothes when walking at a leisurely pace around the grounds during the summer. No exertion, just SWEAT!

Last edited by mimi86; 06-13-2011 at 03:51 PM.
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

i sweat easily too just doing nothing but i am noticin im getting a little better as i am losing weight....it's embarassing sweating for seemingly no reason

at the gym is one thing and believe me i walk out of there drenched looking like i went swimming but at gym i don't care, it's in everyday life that bothers me
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I'm a sweaty person!! Like BAD! It's always been something I've hated but I've gotten used to.
My roommate in college was 103 lbs soaking wet.. and she sweat possibly worse that I do... It just depends on the person!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #10  
Trimming the fat

S/C/G: 163/163/120

Height: 5'1

I sweat more now that I've lost some weight. However, that is because for the first time in awhile, I've been working out to the point of more than just breaking a small sweat. Weirdly enough, sweating is one of the main reasons I've hated working out. Now that I've become comfortable with it, I seem to do it more often though.
LadyWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

BTW - I personally find a woman who has worked up a sweaty lather to be quite attractive.

Just sayin.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Yes I am a "sweater" as well and I will share something absolutely true for me and my hubs when we do not eat ANY white flour, beer, or processed foods( yes I know there are a million reasons not 2 eat it but hey where are on the forum for something) after about a week the sweating slows down conciderabily! And for me right now... I sweat when I get out of the shower and could break a full on drencher on the north pole on new years day! I am no where near OP and am feeling every drop. With summer here, my curly hair and sweatiness I am close to being Hurly on Lost. Its the carbs
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #13  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

When I was bigger, I used to sweat so bad that it was downright embarrassing! I couldn't wear make up because my face would just pour sweat all day. On several occasions, I had people ask me if I was alright. I think they thought I was going to have a heart attack or something . Now that I have lost the weight, I don't sweat much anymore unless I am working out. I can finally wear makeup every day. There is hope
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 396/321/180

Height: 5'9

Yes yes and YES!! I am a sweater! I sweat in the freezing cold while my friends are all wearing jackets. I sweat at WalMart. I sweat just sitting in a room. As I have lost weight, it has eased up a little, but not much. I also get an added heat intolerance in the mix. If its hot anywhere, I break out into welts and sometimes rash if the welts won't go away. I feel your pain. Its embarrassing and its a reason for me to go work out (which by the way is weird because in the middle of working out, I STOP sweating ... its the one place I should always sweat and I just stop even if I am drinking tons of water)
BuggyBear81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

bumping this...

I was doing some googling on this the other day and read fitter people do sweat more. I also read there are some natural remedies, but the sites didn't say what they were, lol... anyone know?

I can't really tolerate the heat, and I just sweat buckets. I can just be walking around the mall at a casual pace and sweat will start dripping off my forehead. My face will get red. Then my underarms start sweating. Then under my breasts. Then I can't try anything on because I'm sweating..lol. It's ridiculous I see everyone else of all sizes walking around and noone is sweating like I am.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote