Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 02:54 PM   #1  

Default Square One...

Hello All,

I've gained back 10 pounds that were so hard to loose. As hard as I worked to get where I was, I let myself backslide. How do we get to this place where we feel like we can go back to our old habits and not gain back what we lost? Not only do I feel like I've let myself down, but I feel like I am completely lost. I can't seem to remember how or what I used to eat when I was eating good. I know that I am just in a funk right now and that I will overcome these feelings and once again loose those same 10 pounds, but forgive me for saying so, I am so tired of this cycle. My boyfriend has been calling me chubby, he thinks he is being cute but I don't. Last night he tried to stop me from eating cake and then said I should start my diet tomorrow. I expressed my hatred for being on a diet and he asked why. Why? Because, for me to effectively diet, it consumes my every waking moment...what will I have for breakfast, snack, lunch dinner....when will I have time to exercise? It totally consumes my entire being and I am just so tired of it! Ok...thanks for letting me vent. I also have a cold so it is just adding to my frustrations.

Eleni
Old 05-27-2003, 05:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

I understand what you mean.... the ups & downs.... the why the heck did I let myself get away with it.... and also the complete obsession....

This is what I am learning..... and understand it isnt always easy because I do so love the cake....

1) Dont beat yourself up or hate yourself.... it only makes it worse...

2) If you mess up today get back up tomorrow.... the yo yo is hard but as I have heard Anthony Robbins say "How many times would you give your average baby to learn how to walk? How many times would you let him fall down and then try again before you wouldnt let them ever try again????" You would let them keep trying until they get it right..... Well that should be the same for you.

We all get so frustrated with ourselves and we say some of the worst things to ourselves that we would never say to someone else or let someone else say to us. We are worth so much more than that.....

As for the chubby remark.... I would sit on the couch with the boyfriend and in a very loving manner that while you understand he doesnt realize that he is hurting your feelings and that you would like him to come up with something more positive.....

I hope this helps you.....
Old 05-30-2003, 10:41 AM   #3  
Lucyee

Default Square One

Hi! My name is Lucy. I am also back to Square One. I have been getting myself so confused with all the different diet programs out there. I have always been a WW and that always worked for me pretty good. At least I have maintained a certain amount of my original weight loss. Now, I am all mixed up. I am 282llbs. I have trouble walking with all the excess weigh and I live in a city where you do a lot of walking. Hoboken, NJ. I need to get on the ball and make a decision. I have all the books from ww, but I also have Suanne Somers and Atkins stuff. Any hints you can give me. Atkins gets pretty expensive and Suzanne does too. Hope to make friends with all of you!! Thanks, Lucyee
Closed Thread