Old 06-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Thread for the ONEderland Hopefuls

I am actually hovering over the 190s now, and came looking for a 190s thread, but there is none! Are there enough to form a thread?

i'm 5 weeks postpartum, and i like having a specific goal thread. I delivered my boy at 222 (yikes for me!) and am now sitting on the border of the 200s. specifically at 200.4 this morning. I hope somebody will join and we can form a thread. I know the 190s are not fun....but it's nice to hit onderland and have the support to keep going.

Last edited by jendiet; 06-15-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: fixed title
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm right there with you! 201.2 this morning, saw 200.2 early this week. Bouncing around right at that threshhold.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

I'm not as close as you guys, but I'm closing in on it and have been looking for a onederland thread to celebrate with others when I get there.

I'm a newbie to the 30's board, so I hope you don't mind me barging in.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:19 AM   #4  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

I'm still a ways off, but I'll celebrate you guys getting there! I don't mind being a follower
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #5  

So is this the thread? Or should we start a different one?

I'll just jump in, I guess, until someone does differently.

200.6 this morning. So close, but I've been dancing around here for several weeks, so I'm not getting my hopes too high. That, and I've been pretty discouraged lately, mostly because of other things going on in my life, but it affects you, ya know?

I got out and took a walk last night, which I hadn't done in a while. I went not so much because I was motivated to exercise, but because I couldn't stand being at home right then. Whatever it takes, I guess.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #6  

oh yay! ok ladies, let's support each other on the way into the 190s....

i hear ya zoodoo on taking a walk, i need to get the stroller out and go out on a nice night.

jitter, i don't mind having you here...ya never know how fast your weight loss might be! i hope you come over the onderland threshold really soon!

dogdays, i'm a newbie to this board too. i usually hang out in the main support forum. i'm glad to go this with you!

well, apparently my late night noshing..caught up with me. 202 this morning. still, i go up 2 and down 2 so easily.

i'm having a hard time fighting the coconut cookies tonight. they are so good!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:30 AM   #7  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Height: 5'8"

New to the boards and already finding so many fun places to post! I'm with dogdays: close to onederland, but still a few pounds off. Please don't mind my intrusion -- I'm SO excited about getting under 200.

I've just hit my first plateau. I did the same thing the first time I tried Atkins -- right around 8 weeks in, the scale just sits there. I know what I need to do: focus back on what I should be eating, stay away from the temptations (Clemmy's!) and DRINK MORE WATER! <SIGH> Sometimes easier said than done!

You'd think running around after a toddler would help bust my butt over the hump! Instead I find myself sneaking what she doesn't eat for lunch/snack/dinner into my mouth. So sad ... my child is my enabler, and she doesn't even know it!
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #8  
Mummy-tummy battler

Perhaps we could start a challenge? A good ol' fashion weight goal challenge for those of us close to ONEderland? I'm closer that I realised, 207lbs (I think in metric, for some reason I was thinking I was around 220lbs).

I have a 2.5yr old and a 7mos old, I work, and of course then there is house stuff, so at the moment my biggest challenge is finding time to get to the gym. I love the gym, its the only way I can really push myself to exercise. When I exercise at home or go for a walk I am so blah about it, it doesn't inspire me and I just cannot be bothered. So can someone invent more hours of the day for me please -LOL-
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #9  

dogdays - I'm not a regular in the 30-somethings either, mostly because I hadn't found a thread that "fit" me. It's here now and so am I.

Jen - I bounce really easily too. My weight chart looks like a craggy mountain, but as long as I'm heading down the mountain and not up, I'm doing OK

MissSea - Plateaus suck, but they're totally normal. Don't let your mind play tricks on you. Keep doing things right and you'll start moving again.

jitterfish - Do you have some metric version of onderland that you're also shooting for? I'll sit out a challenge, but you guys go to it. I'm trying to avoid the "go get 'em" mindset in an effort to keep myself on an even keel and NOT crash and burn, as I've done so many times in the past.

As for me? 199.4 this morning! As I said, I bounce a lot, so I may not see it again for a while, but it sure was nice to see it today!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM   #10  

oh my gosh Zoodoo! that is so awesome. i bounced back down 2 to 200.6 so but i don't move my ticker until a daily average confirms the weight loss. it's lovely to see a new low though!

I failed at fighting the cookie fight, i will try to do better today. i rang in yesterday at 250 carbs. still better than my diet used to be. plus the journaling tells me what i look like on bad days.

jitterfish, this thread is a challenge to us all to get to onderland and out of the 190s. some go faster. just the thought of a competition makes some go really fast, but i'm with zoodoo, not looking to crash and burn. i could never get to the gym, so i have "home gym" stuff. i have to find the motivation and time to do it though...

missSea, welcome, yes plateaus do suck, but remember more than WEIGHT LOSS is happening to your body. i would hate to lose a bunch of weight and NOT give my body a chance to deal with the excess skin and waste issue.

ok so today's weight 200.6. i need to take measurements and pics...cuz my body transforms a lot before i see any weight loss.

Last edited by jendiet; 06-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #11  

Jen - I can't believe you have the energy to focus at all with your baby so little. And I imagine your body is still going through some post-baby shifts.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Yay for our growing group of wonderful onderland hopefuls!

I managed to shave 1.5lbs off between yesterday and today, so I'm only 4.5lbs away now! I had been suffering a mini plateau since the weekend, but I'm starting to think it was that darn monthly water retention. I was very excited to see such significant progress this morning.

Jen - I'm also an "at home gym" person. Between work, my DH working nights and my two DDs, I barely have time to take a shower, let alone get a babysitter so I can go to the gym. I work out at night when the girls are asleep.

Jitter - I'm in for the competition. I'm so determined to get there. A few years ago, I lost a lot of weight and got down to onederland. I remember, quite vividly, the morning that the scale registered 199.5 - I had happy tears, I was so proud of myself. I put 20 pounds back on, kicking me back out of onederland, but I'm more determined than ever to get back there and enjoy that prideful feeling again.

Fit by forty...that's my goal. I have 4 1/2 years to get there!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #13  
Mummy-tummy battler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Do you have some metric version of onderland that you're also shooting for?
Not now. I was 130+kg at one stage so big goal was to get under 100kg, hitting double figures. Then I hit it so now its just chipping away, 10kg block goals. But most boards I visit everyone is American so I jumped on the ONEderland idea (plus coz it has such a cool name). Quick conversion tells me that I'll be there when I hit 90kg which is my next mini goal so works in well

And an little thing I'm editing to add (instead of double posting), earlier in the week I was talking to a personal trainer and she said I shouldn't call it weight loss, call it weight reduction. Because when we talk about losing something we are usually looking to find it again. I know its quirky, but I like that idea. I am weight reducing!

Last edited by jitterfish; 06-16-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #14  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Height: 5'8"

Yay, zoodoo! Oneder is oneder, no matter how long! I like that, jitterfish! On the path to "weight reduction".

Jen, I had GD with my daughter as well -- ironically, my diet looked more like the Atkins diet than anything else I had been exposed to. It didn't help much. DD was 10lbs. 4oz. and full butt breech! Thank the Lord for c-sections!

Dogdays, I work out at night, but I've got a 24-Hour Fitness gym membership. I got it through Costco. It's $299(!), but that's for a 2-year membership. It works out to $12-ish per month. I really need to get on track for every other day. Not sure how old your kids are, but my gym has the in-house daycare. It's actually kind of nice, and my DD loves it (she's almost 2)! Plus congrats on your reduction -- you're almost there!

Though I have no signature to post this on, my own personal goal is NO MORE DIET COKE! I love the stuff, but I think it may be doing funny things to my waistline. Any joiners?

Last edited by MissSea; 06-17-2011 at 03:42 AM.
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:20 AM   #15  
Mummy-tummy battler

I love coke zero, I have one can a day I use it to curb the after dinner "I want something sweet", and I use it as daily treat. I'm a believer in everything in moderation (nothing is off limits, I just need to account what I eat and what I do).

10lb 4oz and breech, shesh yeh thank goodness for c-sections! My first was 9lb 2oz and that was big enough thankyou very much -LOL- Second was just shy of 9lbs, we thought he was going to be bigger but thankfully no. And ironically while I think in metric, like most NZers we use pounds for baby weights -LOL-