Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Things to look forward to!

I have always been a very negative thinker, severe depression, etc. Cognitive therapy helped a lot, but like weight/food issues, is an ongoing process. I keep finding things in my head that are negative (great to discover them so I can get rid of them), like in the shower, being careful and realized the other day I was thinking "if I fall it will be my own fault and something I deserve because I was not being careful enough", maybe true, but jeez, what I do to myself.
Anyway, positive things that will be a great payoff as the weight comes off:

Wearing more of my pretty shoes, rather than only the few pair that don't hurt
(I remember years ago whittling down shoe choices as my weight went up)
Not having the chief concern when buying a top be whether it is long enough to completely cover this belly, pouch, thing.
Belts
Throwing out clothes as they get too big, and someday replacing every stitch I own with things whose main purpose isn't to try to hide some of myself.
Feeling more and more graceful (already a tiny taste of that with just a small bit of loss and more exercise) and younger. (Duh, another sign of my denial that I thought all this pain and clumping around was only due to age!)
And WHEN (not if) I can get into an 8 buying painters pants. (Don't know why that is a big deal to me other than when I was small I loved them as a fun alternative to jeans).

So, what do you all think of as things that will happen or that you can do as you make progress in this difficult journey?
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I wanna wear my wedding ring! Actually, this started as a small goal, now it's my whole focus. I'm feeling a little frustrated about it, actually. I'm 1/2 a pound shy of shedding 50 lbs, and I think I'm getting close to where I was when I stopped wearing it. I'm getting close. It goes over the knuckle easily, but the fleshy pad below bulges out when I slide it all the way down, and it's tough to get it off again. Any ideas of how to spot-reduce a finger?
lillyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #3  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Once I lose this weight I will be able to wear what I like for the first time in my life. Clothes that actually fit my style instead of just clothes that fit.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #4  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

I want to ride my bike again. I got too heavy and broke 3 spokes on the rear wheel, got that fixed, broke one spoke on the front wheel. I stopped riding. I plan to start riding again when I reach 115 kg.
Not only that, but an uberfat person on a bicycle looks ridiculous (in this country).
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyw View Post
I wanna wear my wedding ring! Actually, this started as a small goal, now it's my whole focus. I'm feeling a little frustrated about it, actually. I'm 1/2 a pound shy of shedding 50 lbs, and I think I'm getting close to where I was when I stopped wearing it. I'm getting close. It goes over the knuckle easily, but the fleshy pad below bulges out when I slide it all the way down, and it's tough to get it off again. Any ideas of how to spot-reduce a finger?
LOL! I can totally relate, but it is with my engagement ring. It can fit over the knuckle but the finger swells when paired with my fitting wedding band so I only wear on special occassion (now that I can finally get it back on!). However, I remember when the rings could freely spin around my finger... Someday soon, I hope to wear it everyday because it is such a beautiful ring!
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220 Jan '11, 199 Try 2/186/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darius View Post
I want to ride my bike again. I got too heavy and broke 3 spokes on the rear wheel, got that fixed, broke one spoke on the front wheel. I stopped riding. I plan to start riding again when I reach 115 kg.
Not only that, but an uberfat person on a bicycle looks ridiculous (in this country).
Just put on some Queen and ride away, lol (F bottomed girls), LOL, jk I'm a big Queen fan.

Last edited by NTexas; 06-15-2011 at 07:53 PM.
NTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Having more freedom in the style of clothes I wear. I already know for sure that are certain outfits that I just CAN'T wear. It'd be nice to at least have more options. Also, I can't wait to see single digit clothing sizes, sigh....

Wearing a swimming suit without shame. I'm not sure if I've ever done that in my whole life but you got to start at some time, right?

Not feeling that people judge you for what you eat, what you wear, and the constant worry that you're going to say something that makes you delusional about your weight.

Not being able to grab a HUGE section of my belly and wave it around. YUCK!!!!!

Putting a weight on my driver's license that seems reasonable.

Having a "normal" BMI and not having to worry that a doctor will blame something on your weight.

Buying clothes and thinking that they are premanent pieces of my wardrobe not just "fat clothes" that I want to be out of ASAP!

Last edited by runningfromfat; 06-15-2011 at 07:52 PM.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #8  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas View Post
Just put on some Queen and ride away, lol (F bottomed girls), LOL, jk I'm a big Queen fan.
LOL either that or Spinal Tap's Big Bottom.

Last edited by darius; 06-15-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: remove image
darius is offline   Reply With Quote