Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

OK a new thread for us!!

I just typed a post in the last one though, so check there!
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #2  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, anyone keeping up on BL, **** spoiler alert ****

I am so happy the two sisters got the two first spots in the finals, looks like we may have a female winner this year...yay!!! They really inspire me, too bad the show wont be on again until the Fall ...

Liz - thanks for starting the new thread, I always forget about that 500 post thing...hope things work out well with the job situation...yeah I feel like I have a weight off too pushing it back until next year ...just too stressful

Mel - I also LOVE only having my TOM every three months, it is a freakin beautiful thing....I have been on Seasonique now for a couple of years and I dont have any breakthru bleeding either, but I know alot of women do experience it, so we are lucky ...I have been on it so long that I barely, if at all, have any period...so that is nice too.

Hi to everyone, have a great day
!!

Carri
Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. We still are dealing with spotty rain but at least it hasn't been showers all morning.

Liz: Awesome to hear that you are still losing, especially with the stress of not knowing about your job. At least you have checked into what you can do and it's all good. That is all you can do--I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well.
Also thanks for starting the new thread and leaving a "forwarding address" in the old string.

Cari: I was excited about BL too! How are you doing with getting back on track? How is the 'no soda' thing going?

Mel: Whatever the number is, go from there...how exciting to have 3 months ahead of you to really make progress and it's such a nice built in "check-in point".

I'm doing ok. Feeling good. I tried on the skirt that I want to wear on my birthday and can now button all the buttons...and it's not straining too much..I've got 4 weeks to work hard so I can wear it.

Food for May 18
B=boiled egg, greek yogurt, 2 cookis
L=garden salad with boiled egg, and cheese and TSP of dressing. Peach salsa with handful of tortillia chips, stawberries
Snack=1/2 cup of almonds
D=Same as Monday night (leftovers on Tuesday), Sweetpotato & apple casserole, green beans
Old 05-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #4  

Susie - Awesome that you can button the skirt!! In 4 weeks I'm sure you'll be wearing it very comfortably - if you want I would love to see some pics of you in it!!

DD's new bedroom furniture arrived today...it's so nice! We're a bit early as it's her big girl bed and she's still in her crib (and will be for some time, she's only 15 months). It was a good deal so we got it - plus there's lots of nights that I bring her into our bed, and if DH isn't there to block her on one side I am worried she'll roll out while I'm sleeping (sometimes DH goes to sleep with DS...it's musical beds around here a lot...lol) so now I can go in her new bed with her since one side is against the wall so I don't need to worry. Sorry that was a long explanation!! haha I'm still waiting to hear about horseback riding, I emailed the girl today to find out about it - she was waiting for a few more people for the group lesson. I really want to get going!!

Last edited by sept15lija; 05-18-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #5  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Liz-I hope that everything works out with your job! Sounds like you are doing well in maintenance land! I bet all the new furniture you got DD is cute!

Carri- I love love the every 3 months too but hoping its not messing up my weight loss.

Susie- yay for your skirt fitting better, I'm sure by your birthday it will be perfect!

Still at 193.2 this morning but I had spaghetti for dinner last night so I understand. I am hoping for a small loss tmw
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #6  

Good morning Ladies. I'm so glad it's Friday Eve. It's been a long week for me.

I have worked late 2 nights and then I'm helping my brother two nights after work this week (last night and tonight) with his two boys; his partner is traveling for business and he has the two boys himself. They have big dogs that need to be walked afterwork and there is dinner to prepare and eat, so I"m taking care of the boys while he does these things. I love it because I get to spend time with my nephews.

I will miss TOPS tonight due to helping my brother after work, so I won't know what those scales say this week--I can say that my clothes feel less tight and I feel happier and with more energy since I"m off the junk food and the sugar.

Liz: I will take a pic of me in the skirt on my birthday--and I will try to get it posted...you know how bad I am with getting around to posting pictures.

I hope the horseback riding turns out to be a "go" for you.

Mel: I hope that small loss you are looking for comes true...I know you are working hard for it and keeping your mind focused on it. Don't stress about it..it will all begin to come off again if you just continue to keep OP.

Food for May 19th
B=1 boiled egg, greek yogurt, 2 cookies
L=1/2 pbj, chips, stawberries
S= 4 Oreo cookie (it was the only thing I could find--I was at my brothers and I was starving and it was 6:00 and I knew I wouldn't get my dinner until 8:00 when I got home)
D=2 cups spinich penne pasta dish with a walnut pesto sauce, 1 small can root beer
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #7  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good morning! The sun actually came out this morning and I walked to yoga in sunshine. Joy! I've got my sheets on the line so they'll smell heavenly tonight.

Yesterday the yoga room was hotter and more humid than usual and the instructor pushed us really hard so I was almost destroyed when I came out and wobbly for most of the rest of the day. Still a wee bit wobbly today but not as bad. As the sweat drips off me in class, I'm visualizing the fat melting off me. I can definitely see improvements in my musculature. Yay!

Susie, nice job on picking up your protein intake. It really will make a big difference in how you feel. And congrats on getting the buttons done on your target skirt, too! Nice that you've got a good month to get it fitting the way you want.

Mel, I'm the same way. I seem to gain 2 pounds when I eat spaghetti, even though I only eat about a half-cup of the brown rice kind. Temporary, though, and it's so good.

Liz, congrats on getting things moving towards your riding lessons! What a lovely new hobby.

Carri, I'm glad you don't have to go through the whole house sale/purchase thing right now. And by the time you do go through it, you'll be slim and serene and it'll just work like a charm.

Auntie g, yes, limiting eating to the table when I'm alone is very effective. No nibbles while I'm cooking, no sneak eating. I feel in control. I lost a lot of weight this way years ago and I can still remember the very day I let it all go. I just had a bite of something while I was preparing dessert and then thought, I think I've got my eating under control now, I'll lose the restriction. AND the rest is history. Ugh. Will be wiser next time.

K, wimmins, let's make this a good one!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #8  

We have SUN this morning! and it is suppossed to be warm, sunny and dry all weekend. I am so looking forward to this.
I drove into work this morning with the sunroof open!

It has been a long week for me. I haven't been home one night this week after work until 8 p.m. I leave the house at 7:15 a.m. Monday I worked over, Tuesday I had a pre-school graduation to attend, Wed and Thursday, I was taking care of my nephews and tonight I have a 2nd grade musical performance to attend. I'm sleeping in a bit tomorrow ladies!

Because I couldn't make it TOPS last night I have no idea where I am on the scales but I'm choosing to celebrate a NSV as I feel good, am feeling calm and at peace despite the long week.

Food for May 20, 2011
B=2 boiled eggs, greek yogurt, 2 cookies
L=Spinach & pasta dish with walnut pesto, strawberries
D= 2 chili cheese sandwhichs, cheese fries (horrible for the diet but it sure was tasty!)

Arabella: I love the imagine of the fat melting in hot yoga...great work picture and very inspiring for you I'm sure
Old 05-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #9  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone just dropping by real quick to say I am back down to 190.6 (where I was last sat). I am so happy I dont have to move my ticker up! There is a family thing on DHs side of the family next sat (come to find out his mom hates me...nice thing to find out huh). She hasnt seen the kids for over 2 months and hasnt even tried to talk to us (she lives 15 min away!). A lot of drama there sorry I really dont want to go to the party but DH does so I am hoping to drop a few before it so I look great!! When we were around his mom and someone commented on my weight loss she would jump in and say "well I have lost some weight to dont I look great!"....always has to one up me..how old is she anyways?! lol I am not the type to ever bring up my weight loss and she always has to be better then everyone else. Ok I am off to clean...oh I did get my master bathroom painted just have to let it dry more so I can do the trim! Up next is hopefully redoing the floors! Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:01 AM   #10  

I've been on the go every since I got home from work on Friday, but today will be a bit of a lazy day. Going to church, then maybe a nap this afternoon and then I will eithier to some organization in the garage or clean the vinyl porch railing.

So, I did something yesterday that I can't believe I did. I went grocery shopping with DH--he likes to do it and I HATE to do it. Anyway, they had Crunch and Munch on sale for a dollar and I bought a box...I knew when I was buying it, I shouldn't have. So, the rest of the evening, I would have a handful here and a handful there...and around 9:30 last night it was almost gone! I had ate the whole thing--and I feel physically sick this morning not to mention what it did to me emotionally.

That is the last time I'm going grocery shopping with him. It's better for me to send the list with him...if he gets something like that, it's the kind, flavor he likes, not the kind I like.

Anyway, I guess all I can do is get to working out and go on with it.

Food for May 27, 2011
B=1 egg, greek yogurt, 1 cookie
L=Black bean and veggie burrito
D=garden salad with chick peas and salad dressing, 1/2 order of onion rings, 1 hot fudge sundae (maybe this started the slippery slop with the Crunch and Munch?)

Food for May 28, 2011
B=3 p of bacon, 2 pancakes with syrup
L=fried egg sandwhich, chips
D=garden salad wtih dressing, baked potato with cheese and sourcream (Bob Evans)
Snack-and ENTIRE box of Crunch and Munch

Mel: I'm glad the "real" number you saw was 190.6--so now you have your number to work down from for the next 3 months. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with MIL problems.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls, sorry again for being MIA for so long, but as any of you who follow me on fb know I threw my back out at work last Weds ( doing of all things just bending over, but didnt bend my knees, bad Carri ) ...and have been in pretty good pain since then ...dr gave me some musc relaxers and pain meds which seem to be just holding it at bay, it is better but cant do much right now...back at work today but not feeling so great ...so keep me in your thoughts and prayers that it heals quickly so I can get back to doing what I need to do ...with being stationary and only getting take out since I cant cook you can imagine my weight loss is nil, zip, zero, nada but I am trying to stay upbeat about it, I was really depressed over the weekend...but keeping in mind that things could be worse and I am getting help for it, and it is getting better slowly but surely. These muscle spasms in the back just take a while to heal ...i will start doing some stretching today too....nurse said that will help.

Okay guess I have rambled on enough, glad to see you girls are all doing fine...

Later
Carri
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Yep, I've been MIA, too. Didn't even realize I didn't check in this weekend, and no time now. Only lost 1/2 lb last week, hoping for better this week. Carri, my DH has been having the back thing, too, but can't take anything but Tylenol, because of his esophagus issues. It's been fun. NOT! Hope you make it through the day! HI to everyone else- hopefully I'll get in here to catch up soon...
Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #13  

Hi. It's good to hear from Auntie G and Carri--sorry to hear that both of you are dealing with back issues, wether they be your own or someone elses.

Cari: The nurse is right, stretching will help. I have a lot of lower back issues and I stretch daily...if I don't, I end up in trouble.

Auntie: If you had gained a 1/2 lb last week it would have been a big deal to you, so let's make a big deal over that 1/2 lb loss!!
I hope DH feels better soon with his back

Sunday didn't end up being a lazy day but rather a lousy day. I am not going to record any food for yesterday because I didn't really eat at all.
We found out yesterday afternoon that friends of ours, 26 yr old son passed away from a elilepsy seizure in his sleep early Sunday morning.

As you can imagine, this has just rocked our world. I have known this young man since he was 4 yrs old and I will miss him greatly. My heart aches for his family.

On a more upbeat note...I made it back on the treadmill at lunch today and I'm back to eating...and tracking my food.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #14  

Good morning. We had some wicked storms last night but everything is in tact and in place at my house--I feel blessed! we didn't even loose power but several homes in the area did and also had some wind damage.

Food for May 23
B=1 boiled egg, 1 cookie, greek yogurt
L=1/2 PBJ, individual Velveta Shells and Cheese, 1 cookie, watermelon
S= 1/2 cup peanuts, 1 can of Sprite
D= 1-twice baked potato, broccoli and onions, 1 p of bread and butter,
Exercise: 30 min on the treadmill

Looking forward to hearing from everyone.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #15  

A fly by post...

Susie - I'm so sorry, how terrible. What a tragedy...

Carri - Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for sure! Hope you're feeling much better very soon.

auntie g - 1/2 lb is still a loss! Congrats!

We had a busy weekend but also a sad weekend....a longtime member of our congregation died at church on Sunday...he did the reading and then went back to his seat and collapsed. Another member did CPR until the ambulance came but they couldn't revive him. It was so sad.

Anyhow must rush off, I have an appointment in 10 minutes...hope everybody has a great day.
Closed Thread