Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 12:33 PM   #1  

Talking

Good morning Oers!

I thought it was time for a new thread. We were on page two so here it goes.

It's been hard for me to O in the mornings since the time change. I'm gradually getting used to it and today I actually managed to do O this morning! What a struggle it was though. I do feel much better now that I've done it. I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

Threads-I'm so glad you are feeling better. O is an awesome way to get that healing Oxygen in your blood too. Hang in there!

Barbg-Glad to see you are still hanging in there. I know how things have a way of getting in the way of Oeing. I've been there too many times! I hope you feel better.

Claire-Hey it's always great to see your posts. I know you are an Oer from way back and will always be one. It's so motivating.

Juliette-It was nice to see your post too! I was wondering where you went. I think the thing with O is once you get started with it, it really is hard not to do it! I've missed a few morning sessions but I think I back on track now. The mornings is the only way I will stick with it and once I stop that it would be hard to get back going. So this morning I did O and I will do it from now on!

If I've missed anybody I'm sorry. It's been so busy at work I've had very little time to post. I hope you all have a great day filled with tons of Oxygen!
Old 04-04-2001, 01:32 PM   #2  

Default Morning O!

Back on track. Unusual for me. Normally, when I start losing weight, I stop exercising and slack off... This morning, I got up, and did my O! It felt soooo good! I even had my breathing on track with the tape! (sometimes I get behind - they go so fast)

Rose - great to hear from you! Sorry the mornings are tough right now, but soon it will be back to normal. I find it easier with the sun coming in the window earlier, helps me get out of bed.

Claire - I noticed that you put ENFP at the bottom of one of your posts - is that your personality type?? Mine too! Apparently only 5% of us in the world... but it's an interesting study!

Threads - Glad you are doing better!!! You have such a great attitude about everything you have gone through! I hope you get your O! tapes soon. Surprised they are taking so long! You'll love them so much when you get them!

Barbg - Keep up the good work! Thanks for helping to keep this bb active! How did you get the picture of the mustang with your profile???

Well, that's all for now... back to work!
Old 04-04-2001, 10:36 PM   #3  

What kind of exercise is it? How is it done?

Thanks,
Silky
Old 04-05-2001, 11:45 AM   #4  

Good Morning Oers!

Silky-Hi, I'm glad you are interested in Oxycise! Oxycise is based on a deep breathing technique coupled with isometric/isotonic exercises that really help peel off the inches. You can find out more of the particulars on the website www.oxycise.com and read some testimonials as well. Check it out and see what you think. I've been doing O for a while now and I love it. It has given me more energy then I've had in a long time. It's a great way to start my day plus if you are an exerciser now it really enhances everything you are doing. Hope to see you post here again!

Juliette-Way to go with the morning O! You are doing fabulous. I'm getting back on track too! I did my L2 this morning. It is such a great way to start the day. You are really keeping me going too. When I wake up I'm thinking should I stay in bed and then I think no because Juliette is doing her O! so I better do mine! Thanks for the motivation.

Threads-Did you get your tapes yet? Let us know I hope you have them by now. And don't get discouraged if they seem to go fast because they do. Just do it at your own pace!

Barbg-You have hung in here with me from the start. Thanks for sticking in here with me.

Claire-Now I'm interested in the Blood Type and Personality Type programs you are talking about. Do they work? What are the names of the books?

Okay I have to get back to work I'm so busy lately. It's great to see everyone doing their O! Keep up and talk to you all later.
Old 04-06-2001, 04:15 PM   #5  

Default Weekend Upon Us

Well, the weekend is almost here, and it has been yet another successful week wtih the Oxycise program! I have actually O!'d at least the last three mornings - which is a record for me

This morning's routine was exceptionally great. Came to work in the best mood! Of course it was dampened a little with a tense meeting... but hey, coulda been worse if I hadn't gotten all that wonderful oxygen!

Hope the rest of you are still doing well! Our posts are quieting down again... nature of the beast I guess

Rose - thanks for your kind words! You are motivation to me too!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:24 PM   #6  

Hey Everybody!

Just a quick note before I have to get back to work. I hope you all are getting some of that O into your blood and getting energized. I'm with Juliette, where did you all go? Please check in and let us know how it's going!

Juliette-You must be so happy with yourself for doing O so consistently! Good job! You are doing so great. O has helped so much deal with the stress at work. It really does work wonders and changes your whole attitude. I know I"m much grumpier when I don't O so that's just another benefit of Oeing. I hope others check in with us but I'm glad you're still posting with me. I'm sure we'll get more posts later. I guess everyone is busy. Keep up the great Oeing!
Old 04-06-2001, 08:03 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Yes, I'm hear, but I haven't O'd in over two weeks. I've had that terrible sinus infection that all of the rest of you had earlier in the year. This is my second week of it, and Besides not being able to breath the dr has me on some really strong antibotics and they make me feel drained. By the end of the day I'm dragging.
Also the strong antibotics have caused a yeast infection. That's no fun either. But enough complaining. Next week will be better!!!
Juliette. So you like my car? It's my pride and joy. My husbands business is selling Mustang "styling" products and my Mustang Convertible is the model. It is featured on the website and in the magazine ads. The picture is on my son made to use in some advertising something and I just picked it out of his list of pictures and poped it in. If you haven't been to the new edit your profile section of the new format you will not understand anything I've just said, so by all means go there and look/ See the pretty ROSE Rose has added to her's. You can use any picture you want as long as it's in the right format. We'll be looking to see the new YOU soon.
Old 04-06-2001, 10:44 PM   #8  

Hi,

I went to the Oxycise website. My computer software didn't maximize all the graphics, etc., so I only got a glimpse of it. Do you need to buy tapes to find out what oxycise is? I realize that it has to do with getting more oxygen in to the blood stream through breathing. What about the exercises?

Thanks,
Silky
Old 04-09-2001, 09:15 PM   #9  

Default More Loss

Silky - sorry it's been so long since someone has replied to you... this board seems to quiet down on the weekends...

You really don't need any tapes to do the exercises, although doing the exercises with the tapes make them more efficient. You get to keep up with the tape on the breathing, and the positions. The one time I tried doing it without the tape, I kept losing count.

Essentially, they are stretching exercises with a "basic breath" that you do during each stretch. The tapes are fairly inexpensive, so even getting just one won't break the bank and will still help you in all the ways you need it.

Biggest results include better sleep, better health, better flexibility, and best of all, loss of inches and eventually weight!

If I do it consistently (at least once a day) I lose at least 1 to 2 inches a week.

Speaking of that - everybody - I am down a total of six pounds and I lost another inch and a half last week! SO excited!

Didn't O! this morning, but did last night, and hope to tonight before bed.

Hope you all are doing well! This room is getting really quiet...
Old 04-10-2001, 10:01 AM   #10  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Still Oing in the car. Helping tighten up everything.

Yeah, this room is kinda quiet. Guess everyone will be back before long.

Rose, Eat Right 4 Your Type, Cook Right 4 Your Type and Live Right 4 Your Type are books by Dr. Peter D'Adamo that address health and wellness based on your blood type.

Each blood type is different and has different needs. Food selections are based on foods that are beneficial (act like a medicine), neutral (act like a food) or avoid (act like a toxin) to your body.

I originally used his plan 4 years ago and felt better, had more energy and slept like a rock. Then my husband left me and I fell apart emotionally, so everything went out the window.

I remarried last year to an absolute prince of a guy. And lately, in addition to exercising, I wanted to find a HEALTHY program to help me feel better and lose some weight. I read and tried different plans, but none felt right to me. Then I rediscovered my old copy of Eat Right 4 Your Type. I revisited their website www.dadamo.com and bought the newest book, Live Right 4 Your Type, which builds on the information in the first book.

I already feel better, have a bit more energy and am getting rid of the toxins in my body just by eating the beneficial and neutral foods for my blood type. I didn't have to buy anything fancy or extra, I eat plain old food. At some point I will buy the herbs he recommends for maximum health, but that's not at the top of the list.

His plan also covers lifestyle, personality, special concerns for children or seniors, exercise and diseases peculiar to each blood type.

But don't take my word for it. Do the research. I'm also not trying to sell his books or products here, just letting you know that this is working for me and my health is beginning to improve.

We have a small support thread going on at Buddy Up!, but my exercise thread is HERE, of course.

I hope each of you has a beautiful, bright day. It's 85 here in Nashville, hazy and sunny.

Hugs!

Claire
A+, non-secretor, ENFP
262.75/255/119 Little bones, lotta fat!

PS: My blood type is A positive (A+).
Old 04-10-2001, 06:00 PM   #11  

Hi Oers!

Sorry I've been away so long but my computer at work has not been cooperating!

Claire-I'm blood type A+ too! Can you tell me what foods are no no's for you? I am so interested in this but I don't see when I'll have time in the near future to get out and purchase this book or go to the library. Your information would be much appreciated. I'm so glad that you found a nice guy. We all deserve to be treated like princesses!

Juliette-Good job! You are doing fabulous. A true testement on the power of putting more oxygen in the blood. Keep up the great oeing.

Barbg-It's always great to hear from you and I hope you feel better soon! I had a sinus infection earlier this year and they really suck. I'll do some O for you until you get better.

Silky-Yes it is very quiet on the weekends in here. I'm sorry we couldn't answer you sooner. I agree that you should get the videos to get the real idea of the breath. You can also email Julie and [email protected] and ask her for her breathing tips. These are pretty detailed and will help you get an idea of what we're talking about. But the videos demonstrate the actual exercises that go along with the breathing. I hope you like the program and decide to join us here!

Okay so I need to get back to doing O in the mornings. I got away from it after the time change so I need to make the effort and get back on track so I can get great results like Juliette! Keep oeing everybody!
Old 04-11-2001, 09:38 AM   #12  
Viva la vida loca!

S/C/G: 360/329/297 (second 10%)

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Hi all!

Just a quick message to say hello and let you know that I've been huffing and puffing right along.

Sort of like the wolf in "The Three Little Pigs," but I haven't blown the house down I guess when THAT happens I'll really understand the breath, huh?

Rose, here is the link to the website:

Eat Right 4 Your Type

You can buy the book through any of the booksellers online; also at half.com for a lot less money. If I just tell you what not to eat, I do you a disservice because the program is so much more than diet. I hope you decide to try it when you have more time. I think it's well worth the effort, just like Oxycise!

Barbg, I sure hope your sinuses get better soon! It is miserable to have backed-up sinuses. You're too cool to be sick!

Have a great day, all! Keep breathin'!!!

Hugs!
Old 04-11-2001, 12:19 PM   #13  

Hi all you Oers!

Well I won't be posting for a few days since I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow! I'm so happy about that! Wish me luck everyone.

Claire-You are so right! Thanks for the link and when I get back I'll check into buying this book. I love www.half.com! I find it very interesting and this might just be what I'm looking for. Thanks again.

Barbg-How are your sinuses? I hope you are feeling better!

Juliette-How's it Oeing! Check in when you can.

Silky-I hope you thought about getting O! I know you'll love it!

Okay so I'm taking my commuter tape with me to Vegas! Gotta get that breathing in. I'll check in when I get back. I hope you all have a great week and weekend.
Old 04-11-2001, 10:38 PM   #14  

Default Questions about Oxysize

Hello all! I am interested in O, but I have a few questions that I hope you won't mind answering. I am always skeptical about testimonials on websites that are selling a product, so I hope you won't mind that I come to you for an objective opinion from people who use the product. I am sure you have heard many people say that it sounds too good to be true. Is it? Does it really work? How soon after beginning do you think someone will start to see results? Can a person with asthma succeed with this program? Is it really difficult? What would be a good estimate for the average time that it would take an out of shape beginner to be able to make it through the entire session (even if somewhat slower)? Is there anyone here who will post negative thought about the program? I would appreciate anything you might like to share, positive or negative. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2001, 10:23 PM   #15  

Default Answers

Hey there RaggedyAnn! Thank you for posting! Sorry it has taken us so long to respond to you - I saw your post last night and was just soooo tired...

Anyway, to answer your questions:

The program definitely works - and it doesn't just work to help you lose weight... it also helps with circulation and flexibility and sleeping better, etc...

However, you need to do it consistently to see results. Of course this is just like any other diet, you can't just do it once or twice and see something from it, you have to do it several days a week.

I have found that if I do it at least 5 days a week, I lose one to two inches a week. But, it's only for 15 minutes a day, so it's not like it takes a lot of time or effort. Also, you don't sweat, so you don't even need to prepare for a workout.

The program is not very difficult. It's only 15 minutes a day. It's also very low impact/no impact, which means it is a perfect starting point for anyone out of shape. The most challenging thing that I've found with it, is keeping up with the video, sometimes they move a bit fast, but the more you do it, the more you are able to do it with the video.

I don't know how it would affect someone with asthma, since I don't have it.

Overall, I think it's a great program. My favorite time to do it is in the morning when I wake up. I also like to do the tapes along with other exercise programs. For example, I'll do 15 minutes of Oxycise and then 20 minutes of Basic Tae Bo and then, if I'm feeling inspired, I'll do another 15 of Oxycise.

Negative comments - some people have them, but that is their prerogative. Most people who speak negatively about the program really haven't taken the time to learn it properly. If you go to the OxycisePlus website (you can get to it from the Oxycise one) go to the message boards. There are often negative comments on there, as well as people's responses and support. The Oxycise staff also participates on the bulletin boards.

Overall, if you are thinking of trying it, I would recommend that you do. I think I saw a special where you get the book, Level 1 and the commuter tape for $29.95. That's pennies compared to a treadmill or a gym membership. It can only help you.

Sorry if I was longwinded. If you have any other questions, let us know!
Closed Thread