General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Default ghosts?

watching ghost adventures and some of it seems so crazy?

Do you believe in ghosts?

I feel like theres sooo many people that claim to have had an encounter that it must be true?
But I've never experienced it myself so I'm still pretty skeptical..

Anyone on here had an experience with a ghost?? ;]] lol
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #2  

YES!!
Can't go into the entire story it would take too long.
At first I thought I was just out of my mind. Then for the real big experience I happened to have a witness! I know I am never alone and feel safe.
SouthernComfort257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #3  

I do, even though my rational, scientific mind can't comprehend or reason it. I still do, because I've seen them. Not very often as I've reached adulthood, but as a child, I've had some pretty frightening and peaceful encounters.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #4  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

Yep, seen them a few times in my life. It's nothing to brag about, and actually pretty scary. I HOPE to never see them again. But, my aunt says I have the "gift". I'd rather not. Feel lucky you've never seen them.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #5  

I can't decided if I would like to ever experience it or not.. I don't live to far from Savannah, GA and they have a lot of supposedly haunted places. I'd like to go once just to maybe see.. haha. But last night their episode showed one of the guys getting scratch marks.. and another seeming possessed.. that kind of stuff I definitely do not want to mess with.. haha.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #6  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

My worst one was on the webcam with my boyfriend. I glanced in the camera and saw it hunched over maybe like 2 feet tall, it ran behind my chair with an unhuman like speed and hit the back of the chair. I lost it and everyone was up in the house. I was staying with a friend that month. Needless to say i left the next day. She had something very evil in her house, but it was never as bad as that particular night. The night before it had freaked me out scratching on the walls and I said out loud "please stop you're scaring me let's just get along" things just got worse afterward.

Never ever tell them you're scared. Worst mistake in the world.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Rationally, I would like to think that I am mistaken in saying ghosts are real. But, I have seen/experienced what I think are ghosts. Too many times to think it's my imagination. My husband and I live in my father in law's house. My sister in law and hubby joke that their grandma haunts the house. Only, they're not really joking when they say it-to them it's endearing. My husband says he sees her looking into the room while he is on the computer. The first month I lived here, I have had constant encounters on what we think is her. First, I was outside looking at my reflection in the glass of the window, and I swear I thought someone walked behind me because there was a woman walking behind me in my reflection. I turned, and it was nothing, and the only other person in the house was asleep. The next time was when I was in the ferret room. I had the door closed and I thought hubby was coming to see them with me. The door handle turned and opened, but nobody was there! Hubby was in our room and hadn't moved and nobody else was there. I was also playing cards on a couch opposite my sister in law who was playing with me. Nobody else sitting on the couch with me. Suddenly, the couch jolts like someone just kicked the crap out of the couch. I hear heels in the hallway when nobody else is there but me and I am barefoot. I always get the feeling as if someone is looking at me through the windows, etc. I've seen/experienced ghosts before this, but never as concentrated. It isn't scary, it just took some getting used to.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #8  

omg buttercup that sounds terrifying.. I would have been right out of there too.. I wouldn't mind the ones like ferret fanatic are talking about if I knew it was like family members you know.. but I couldn't do demonic ghosts.. gives me the creeps just sitting here!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I've had numerous encounters with ghosts, most were like a single time here or there, or if i visit a haunted location a glimpse or feeling.

But when i was a young teenager 12-14 we live at the site of a small plane crash where a child had died and he haunted the property, he was forever opening and closing my doors and pulling out my books and old toys... usually while i was trying to sleep so id get yelled at by my mom for not being in my bed when i really was lol
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #10  
Force of Nature

The house that I lived in as a child was inhabited I believe. I had this blow up fish that hung from the ceiling and as a small child I would use it as a pengilum. I didnt know what this meant at the time all I knew is that I could talk to my new friend by having her swing the fish in different directions. I found out that she was 8, her name was Emily and that she had drowned on the property (there was a farm house there before they torn it down to build a new subdivision.)
I told my parents about her and they assumed I just had an imaginary friend. Things started disappearing (we still havent found that damn christmas tree topper!) We all started hearing someone calling our names when there was no one else in the house. My dad (who is still skeptical even after this) said that late one night he was sitting on the couch and could hear me coughing from down the hallway (I had a terrible cold) just as he was getting up to check on me he said he saw someone cross from my parents room to my room, assuming it was my mom he sat back down. I had stopped coughing but he said he never saw my mom come back out of my room so he walked down the hallway he looked in and I was asleep and my mom was asleep in their bed. He swears he saw someone clear as day.
I have since moved out but my parents still experience things disappearing.
They still call her Emily and a few weeks ago my mom called me and told me about her wedding ring disappearing. After searching for almost a week and a half she said "Emily, you give that back or you arent welcome here anymore" The next morning it was sitting on top of everything inside of her purse.
I have done some research about that area and found that there was in fact a girl who had drowned in the bathtub in 1926 on the property and she was roughly 8 years old.
SugarComa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #11  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

OK. Where are these shows you are watching?

We were staying in a B&B up in the gold country. The B&B is a very old Victorian house. One night it sounded like an army wearing metal shoes stomping their way down the stairs. Then I heard them speaking in very muffled tones. I opened the door to our room and looked out. There was nobody there. I made sure all the doors to the room were LOCKED!

The next morning I asked the owner if the people in the other room came in late. Nope. They'd canceled. She said others have heard them speaking in muffled voices, too.

Sylvia Browne said that our loved ones will ring the phone or leave pennies and dimes around. Have you ever found coins lying around and wondered how they got there? With inflation, couldn't they leave silver dollars or something?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #12  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

I think it's possible that something that at least has the likeness of an entity could manifest, but I don't actively believe in it. I'd need overwhelming evidence, and some first-hand experience. I have seen and heard strange things, but there are so many alternative explanations, that I've never been convinced. To be honest, I don't think most people are skeptical enough for me to take their word for it. But if hauntings are real, perhaps it's a memory (or energy) etched somehow... I don't think it's necessary to go so far as to say it's definitely somebody's spirit--the whole person. I've watched a few ghost hunting shows quite regularly, but it's still entertainment, with a profit-motive like everything else. Don't get me wrong--I think it's possible. Science is always evolving... I just don't believe in believing without good reason, you know? I understand why people's experiences would convince them.

Last edited by Astrild; 06-11-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I try not too... but I do believe!!!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/142/111

Height: 5'0

I spent a summer living and working at an inn that I believe is haunted. I never saw an apparition but too many strange things happened to myself and the other employees.

It was little things like faucets, lights (inside the buildings but also the tractor in the shed) and radios turning themselves on. When I first moved in the faucet in my bathroom would turn itself on. It did this for three days straight, always at the same time. It would have been creepy if I wasn't so irritated about being woken up at 4am. One of the guys I worked with heard a woman clearly say "yes" even though he was the only person in the kitchen at the time. Another time the front desk lady and the housekeeper both heard a woman scream. They thought it was me. It wasn't. There were no other people in the building at the time. The housekeeper told me about one time when she was cleaning out a room she was completely alone in the building but could hear footsteps coming from the bathroom. One time I was filling in on housekeeping duty (normally I did grounds) and I ended up having to clean that same room. I started talking to the ghost saying things like "I'm not afraid of you" just to be silly and entertain myself. Well, as I'm dusting I noticed a dresser drawer was open. I closed it up and went on with the dusting. I turn around maybe two minutes later and the drawer is wide open again. I apologized for sassing her and ran out of there.
coastalvagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #15  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Sugarcoma-wow that's nuts! Makes you think...

I always believed in them-things always moved, I always felt someone touching me, etc, but never saw anything. I would freak if i did.

One of the craziest things that happened was with my guy's father. He had just died a couple days before in the house (brain anerism they thought-at 51) and the funeral director just left to let them decide if they were going to do an open casket prior to cremation. There was a bunch of us in the livingroom and I said that he would hate for someone to put make up on him (he was a man's man, ex-cop, big hunter, etc). As soon as those words left my mouth, his picture that was on the table across the room flew 10 feet before dropping to the floor. We all almost pissed ourselves and the verdict was-no open casket, no make up.

My daughter always talked to him after he died. She was only a yr and a half and when she did, she always looked up at him to exactly how tall he would be if he were standing.

Things still move (we bought the house he died in), lights-as in all the lights in the house-will turn on, the tv will go on in the middle of the night sometimes when no ones in the living room. We just tell him hello and we're still thinking of him.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote