Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #256 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!!!!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #2  
Chick

We're hoping for good weather here over the weekend! Lots of family coming in to swim and BBQ. It should be a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Judy
234.6/198.6/180's and thinner
Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Just checking in while I wake up and get myself into the kitchen to cook for today. Very easy: veggie pie, cuke and onion salad, macaroni-spinach-tomato-basil salad, and Diet Jello with fruit for dessert. Both of our daughters are on strict diets, so that will help me refrain from making brownies (which is what I really want). Gotta remember that eating brownies will continually postpone my favorable outcome.

Hey, have a great day. So far we're sunny here!
Judy
234.6/198.6/180's and thinner
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Tuesday... very busy weekend for me but we had a nice time at the wedding and got caught up on yard work yesterday so all in all it was a great three day weekend. Food was not so great and I did not get in much exercise at all... really just rode in a car for a couple of days lol trying to get from place to place. TOM has arrived again so none of that adds up to a good W/I for me this week... will keep at it though!

Walking group tonight and I need it, I can feel my body getting stiff from all of the car riding and no other exercise so I need to get moving again.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!

Judy: Your menu sounds wonderful! Our weather held for the weekend so that was a very nice thing with the outdoor wedding and the travel.

Bandit: Did you have a nice weekend?

Terri: How are you doing?

Life: How are things going with you?

Cherry: I hope you are hanging in!

Have to run!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Busy up here, but enjoying the "no rain" for a change. It is hot today but not complaining.

Turtled at my weigh in Thurs as was hoping, and weekend was good overall.
Had company at my trailer since some repairs were being done and I made a nice dinner of salmon, baked potato, salad and a mushroom dish. Turned out good.

Judy - veggie pie! Love that stuff, and I am sure your company enjoyed your
meal. Have you ever made the black bean brownies? For a brownie fix, they do the trick and full of fiber - not low in calories (apprx 200/brownie) but very filling.

Princess - Glad you enjoyed your long weekend and got some stuff done as well. Glad to hear you are walking. My knee is still too sore for that & I notice a big difference in the way I feel. Hopefully I can get back at it soon.

All - hope you are all doing great this week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had a lovely weekend. Although we had some rain, it was early in the day and didn't interfere with swimming and BBQ. Lots of temptations----my grandson likes fattening foods. DH and I got in a walk at the boardwalk today and it was lovely. Fighting food urges today---but altogether I seem fine.

Bandit, hope your knee feels well soon. on turtling at your WI. I've never tried the black bean brownies. I guess I should give them a go if you like them. You and I like a lot of the same food.

Princess, TOM keeps appearing its crazy head-----but I bet you'll have a good : this week.

Tomorrow is my WI. It seems so soon. Time is really flying!

Life, Terri, and Cherry, : to you all!
Keep on keepin' on.

Best to all,
Judy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner
Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a goodday. Princess I am doing okay. Adjusting to a school schedule. I survived my first day of clincals. Woo hooo very tired though.

i had a good weekend. My cousin got married this weekend. So I had a blast this weekend. I am trying to go the gym in the morning but I can't remember when my membership expires. Oh well, I will try it.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Just a quick fly-by before I run to a meeting... no one showed up again for the walking group... I took the dogs with me and we walked for about a half hour then went home, it is crazy hot here, in the 90's so I packed it in early and went home. I will keep at it thru June and if no one is showing up by then I will cancel it and just walk when it suits me... you can lead a horse to water and all that LOL - the ladies in my group just don't seem to be interested in exercise very much but I am not sure how they are going to lose weight without at least a little bit.

Oh well... back in a bit!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Princess, well you're trying to do the right thing. Taking the dogs with you was a great idea. will help your weight loss!

I went to WI this morning and was up another 1.2#. That puts me at 199# which is disgusting to me since it took me a couple of years to break 200# and I'm giving it away now. Yes, I'm older, and yes, I'm not exercising as much, and yes yes yes----but the point is I hate having put on this much extra weight and I want it off now. Last night I completely blew it with a huge dish of ice cream/banana/CoolWhip after another snack I completely forget and after having a bowl of cereal before dinner. Now what's eating me? especially right before WI. I'll figure it out. Today is good so far and dh and I are heading to the movies.
Good luck to you all,
Judy
Old 06-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #10  

Hi turtles:

Life - glad you enjoyed your wedding and gym time always helps.

Princess - you have the right idea, just have to get others to get onboards
with the walking, but am sure your doggies love it. Getting our Tops group
to join in with things is always a challenge & excuses always get made.
Gets frustrating at times. Good luck.

Judy - I don't know what is going on with me as well. Maybe change of season, injuries or just getting frustrated with everything, but I have been
struggling lately as well. I remember getting below the 200 and was soooo
excited just seeing my weight beginning with a 1. Lately it is creeping back up & you would think that would be the kick in the butt I need.
The biggest thing lately that is hurting my weight loss is chips - my absolutely
favorite munchie & once I get started it is not hard to lots of damage.

We all know what we are suppose to do to succeed but at times it is just
hard to keep on track & motivated. Seems like we have been doing this forever.

Anyway, good luck everyone!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #11  
Chick

BAndit, yeah----thanks for the support. It's so easy to just give in and give up. I'm not doing that. Last night I had a real need for food and overate by a lot. Today I've been starving, but the difference is that I'm doing well.

I wish you and all the Turtles the motivation to keep on keepin' on. From my friends who are lifetime WW's, I realize that even once they reached goal, they do not eat a great deal more than they had been eating while they were losing weight. It's a battle, but it's so worth it! I'm going to cut back, be very careful with my portions, and make sure I don't have any BLT's to throw me off track.
Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner
Old 06-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #12  
Chick

Chiming in for a moment to say yesterday was an excellent eating day. Yay. I stayed within my points. ONe idea I got from my lecturer is this: when she felt "nudgy" and wanted to eat and found herself in the kitchen, she made this rule-----If I go into the kitchen, I have to drink a large glass of water. This works for her-----usually she's not hungry, just lonely or bored, etc.----and I think it could work for us. Just passing it on.
Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #13  

Morning, turtles:

Judy - glad to hear you had a good day yesterday. Sometimes just getting
restarted is the hardest part, then you get some momentum going and before you know it you have a few good days which lead to a good week & a loss at the scale. Good for you!

The kitchen rule sounds like a good one. Also I have noticed if I keep busy I am not really hungry, but as soon as I watch TV the snack signal goes off
so my goal this week is to have some point friendly snacks on hand.

Have my weigh in tonight and I think I will be up abit. The no exercising & chips was my downfall this week. My new week starts Fri a.m. so my goal
this week is to also focus on getting 1 good week behind me and go from there.

All - hope you are all keeping on track!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone and happy thursday to you all! Today is actually my last day for the work week, I am taking tomorrow off to attend a fiber festival that is happening south of the city - I have signed up for a couple of classes and am looking forward to that. The weather here is still very hot but at least the sun is shining!

Ugh... I need to call the doctor to find out what can be done about my TOM, I mean really, it is like it never stops now, I mean seriously I keep a calendar and by the looks of it I have it more then I don't... that just can not be right.

I have W/I tonight but it is not going to be good, fully expect to be way up. Oh well, will keep at it.

Bandit: Good luck tonight and I totally understand how you feel, when we hurt ourselves and can not do what we normally do it is hard to stay motivated. I hope you have a great weekend!

Judy: Sounds like you pulled it together and had a great day yesterday... awesome! I know how you feel about going back close to the 200 mark, I remember when I got on the scale and had gone above that line again... I am sure that won't happen to you though, you have caught it in plenty of time!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM   #15  
Chick

Princess, good luck at you WI tonight. And yes, finding out from a doc about TOM would be helpful.

Bandit, good luck at your WI too. I love chips and hate it when people bring them into the house. If they and cookies and crackers and marshmallows and chocolate aren't here, I do a lot better. LOL. I like your idea about planning for and having snacks on hand.

Today is going well, but I'm hungry----time to get away from the computer and do something.
Judy
234.6/199/180-'s and thinner