South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat for the Weekend - June 11 and 12

Good morning and pour your self a coffee. The sun is just up and the day is looking fine so far.

I have to go out and clear up a mess of garbage. Jazz barked around three because we had invaders on the back deck. My raccoon-proof garbage pail isn't! I'm pretty sure it was a raccoon because it's still on the deck - the bear usually takes the whole can down to the comfort of the grass.

The dogs are off to the kennel around nine, I have a few things to do here and then leave for Kingston to start the wedding celebrations with a wee lunch. I am hoping for a nap at the hotel before the 4 PM service but doubt that will happen. I'm really looking forward to this event. Rob and John have been together for well over twenty years and are fantastic guys. They have certainly been most supportive to me, particularly when Harry was so ill.

Time to get off my butt, put on the gloves and tackle the garbage mess. Anybody want to join me?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sorry you have to start your day by cleaning that mess up, Ruth. I hope you have a broom and dustpan handy to make it easier. It sounds like a lovely wedding and have yourself a great time!

I'm so glad that the worst of my cold seems to be over. I really struggled yesterday to keep Tyler happy and entertained, but he seemed to enjoy himself. He's such a good boy but has to be on the go constantly. Dustin came to get him around 4:30, and I promptly curled up on the couch and dozed the rest of the evening.
Jake wants to go out for breakfast this morning before we get the grocery shopping done. I want to look over some recipes for Phase 1 today, too, as I'm seriously considering doing a full repeat of it to help get myself back in control. Planning out my menus in advance really helps me stay on track, and I know the 2 weeks will go by quickly. I'm going to miss my fruit, though!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - Ew, have fun cleaning up that mess. I'm sure the racoons had a grand time! Have a great time at the wedding, can't wait to hear details!

Cottage - glad you're feeling better. I should try too to do the phase I thing. It's so much easier in the heat because of salads, then no one else in the family even notices. I'll have to think on that as well....

After some VERY LOUD thunderstorms at 4 am, it is a beautiful morning! It smells so good out there today! And thank goodness, it cooled off.

Have to go to work today, but I only have (dont jinx myself....) 4 appointments, but I'll still be on call until 2. Then I'm not sure what, we'll see what the day brings!

Good grief those birds are out there bickering a lot today!

Last edited by TwynnB; 06-11-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning

Natasha - You are probably out on your 5K even as I type!

Sophie - Glad to hear the doctor appointment went so well.

Furnace - Hope your day improved after you crazy start yesterday.

Bea - Ah, men.

Ruth - Bears! We get nothing worse than squirrels, rabbits and the occasional possum.

Linda - And this is a tough time of year to forgo fruit IMO. Grains, much easier. Glad you are feeling better.

Twynn - Hope the day goes as planned and you enjoy your afternoon off.

I enjoyed my last night with no snoring husband. Much as I love him, it is nice to have the bed and house to myself now and again. I pick him and our son up mid-afternoon. This morning I am waiting for a blog update to go through - hate having to do that. It scares me every time that something will go wrong and I won't know how to fix it. Then exercise. It is going to be a fabulous day here and I'm bummed that I can't walk outside with my injured toe.

I just found out we are going to a surprise party next weekend so now I have social eating 4 days in a row! I have to admit I'd rather just stick to my meals at home. Wow, I sound whiny today. Hmm.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
Well, it's gloomy outside so I don't know if my husband will end up going on the motorcycle trip he planned for today. I slept like a rock yesterday and still feel exhausted this morning; I'm sure the white carbs do not help. I'm halfway wondering whether I unintentionally bought decaf instead of regular coffee.

On tap for today: not much. The potential rain has washed out plans to go to a street fair. My son has a birthday party at 4pm which is drop off; my friend had planned to meet me so we could have a drink, but I don't know if the rain will put her off. We need to get a present for the birthday boy, so that probably means Barnes and Noble. Other than that I just have to do some meal planning for my return to Phase 1 starting Monday. I have a couple of questions, which I'll post about.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I've been awake since 5 (thank you cats ) but distracted by the blender shopping time suck. It takes me a really long time to commit to big purchases, have to research everything
It's a rainy and cool weekend so my hoped for kayaking is not going to happen. On the plus side it's really dropping the pollen count so hopefully DW will be all back to normal by Monday.

Ruth - Have a marvelous weekend. I hope there will be pictures of you in that gorgeous dress!

Cottage - glad you are feeling better. I know what you mean about the fruit. Our strawberries are just coming in. I may do one week completely Phase 1 and 1 week with just fresh strawberries in small portions. I'll just keep an eye on my cravings and see how that goes.

Twynn - We have two starling nests outside the kitchen windows and the cats are just beside themselves. I keep explaining they can't actually get the birds but they try anyway. Hope your day stays quiet

Karen - I'm with you on the eating at home. It's just so much easier than figuring out ingredients and guessing. Hope the toe heals quickly.

Matilda - Maybe it's just perfect weather for a nap. It certainly seems like it here. Meal planning is a good idea. thanks for the reminder

So today is errands, shopping, cooking and cleaning - just a normal weekend. It's nice and cool so I will run the pressure cooker and even the oven today. Makes food planning much easier! Tomorrow we will head to TJs for a big shop and then to our favorite restaurant for my official birthday meal. It is perfect napping weather and I just might take advantage of that. It's been a long time since I indulged in a nap.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm in a whirlwind of activity.....got bounced out for a few minutes to say hi! Food OP and weight dropping. It's a good sign! I hope to get back later! We're gardening at moms today (oh, boy). It meant I had to get out and do my own stuff early.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #8  

Debbie, your ticker's on its way down, congrats! Must feel good.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #9  

Hey, Debbie! 189!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Such a great weekend. DD2 has birthday parties, DD! has a friend over for the weekend, and I am accomplishing REST. Laundry - yes, grocery shopping - yes, but no real "work" for the whole weekend.

Off to the pool store to get the water tested again - gotta see how much more water I need to drain out of the pool. Ah well - at least it is only water! Of course, with the sudden drop in temps, the kids are irritated that the pool is not as appealing. Instead, they want to go to the mall. The MALL - I do not remember that being fun until high school. They are just 11!! I guess the times are a-changin'.

Have a relaxing weekend - best to everyone.
Be well -

Last edited by ultimatebea; 06-11-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #11  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon everyone!!!

Sounds like most of us are pretty busy this weekend. Nice to see tickers inching down =)

I woke up extra early to volunteer at a family fitness event put on by United Way. Ironically it was called "FITS - Fun In The Sun" but it was super overcast and freezing. But we had about 80-90 people show up, so that was great. Definitely got my workout for the day - 15 minutes each of: yoga, core-fit, zumba, simon-says-workout, and kung fu!

Rest of the weekend should be pretty mellow. =)
Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies. WaistingTime, you are correct...I was. Nice flat course this morning...but my GPS said it was 3.4 miles!!! *shrugs* I have been all out of sorts since yesterday. I've dropped an entire frozen lemonade, a large cup of coffee, 1/2 cup of melted Smart Balance, and I don't even remember what else. Then I'm checking the cable listings and I'm getting mad that The Voice isn't on for some reason...finally realized, DUH, it's Saturday not Tuesday. Geez...I need to get w/ it.

Today I get to go through my closet and try to find my uniform tie. It's required for the funeral Tuesday along w/ our long sleeve shirts. That should be nice and comfy at 2 in the afternoon on a July Georgia day, huh??? I'm trying to get w/ some local law enforcement groups to see if anybody is going to do memorial stickers to raise money for our officer's widow. Still waiting to hear back on it.

Anywho, I'm going to try to make it back tomorrow and do personals. Hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #13  

Good morning. We had storms overnight and now a pleasant breeze is blowing in the windows. It sure feels good to have that awful humidity out of here.

I'm planning a trip to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things I need for my Phase 1 redux, and since I'm finally over my cold I want to stop in for a visit with my parents today. I've been staying away since Mom's immune system is compromised right now and just talking on the phone with her. BTW, she is doing well and her tumors are shrinking.

Natasha, I hope you are doing better today and feeling more like yourself again!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

We are off to Trader Joe's too Sunday morning is the perfect time to go, no crowds. After that it's Whole Foods then across the river to Northampton and our favorite restaurant for a birthday lunch. The rest of the day it's food prep, laundry and chores. It's supposed to be another cool, rainy day so probably nothing outside on the agenda.

First coffee!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:55 AM   #15  

Good morning,
What an odd weekend for me. I am totally out of sorts and not feeling like myself, and am exhausted - but I have been eating a lot of white carbs lately so perhaps that has something to do with it! Drinking coffee right now. On tap for this morning is church, and then I'm not sure what else. There is a christening brunch I should really attend, but I'm not feeling motivated to go. Not sure why. I'll get my food all together to start Phase 1 again tomorrow. Most of the stuff is prepared already! Hope everyone has a great day.
Closed Thread