Old 05-29-2011, 04:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/194.4/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Insanity Asylum

Is anyone doing Insanity Asylum? If so, what are/were your results?

I'm enjoying it so far. I was amazed to see I lost 2 lbs after 4 days.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #2  

I'm not doing the program, but I have taught a few boot camp classes that are similar. I think it's a great program. Somewhere around the fitness literature I've read rated P90X slightly above it, though.

IMO as a 41 y.o., I prefer P90X just because my old joints don't appreciate all the plyo in insanity. It's almost like the age of the creator of P (52) I can relate with more than the age of the creator of insanity. I don't know how old you are, but I'm totally positive you will see results with any of those programs. The key will be to keep with it even when you're done with the set of dvds.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #3  

I did it but I did not lose any weight.(I am not trying to-just looking to tone up since I am not overweight) but I did it for 30 days as shown in the calendar, in combo with turbofire on some days. The program is HARD but I wanted to challenge myself to do it. I got through it and gained some extra endurance so it has helped with my cardio strength alot. I did not take any measurments or anything so I don't know if I lost any inches but I am doing different programs for the last 2 months (bbl and turbofire) and I have noticed Inches off my stomach are gone (no more muffin top in my fav. jeans) but I do not credit it to any one program. I say try it if you are looking for a challenge!
addictedtofitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #4  

Hey letsgetaway

I think Asylum and Insanity are a bit of an over kill. Its really more for those that are advanced fitness levels, if you are at that now then i'm sure you'll love it. Perfect for those wanting to improve sports performance.

People on here really seem to like Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred. If your sticking to BB products, you may wan to checkout TurboFire and RevAbs.

The last thing you want to do is kill yourself right out the gate, waste your money, burn out early or even injure yourself.

If your eating well and exercising regularly, you'll do very well regardless! Following the Pareto Principle, about 80% of your results are going to be from the food you put in your mouth, 20% from the exercise, but without the exercise you'll may only see a 20% improvement with your body composition, whereas you add the right kind of exercise and intensity n you'll see an 80% improvement in body composition. Hope i said all that right =/

Last edited by droog; 06-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.
droog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #5  

yeah, i've done insanity for 3 rounds. im finishing up asylum in a week.

im not looking for any miracle weight loss after these 30 days but the stamina has improved & sweating buckets feels good.

Last edited by letsgetaway; 06-11-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetaway View Post
yeah, i've done insanity for 3 rounds. im finishing up asylum in a week.

im not looking for any miracle weight loss after these 30 days but the stamina has improved & sweating buckets feels good.
That's what my husband says after working up a serious sweat in like 5 minutes doing Insanity - he feels like a million bucks doing the workout, which is what got me interested.

Is Asylum that much harder than Insanity? I am not sure I can keep up with that he's doing, but when I work my way up, unsure of which to do - Insanity or Asylum.
katja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja View Post
That's what my husband says after working up a serious sweat in like 5 minutes doing Insanity - he feels like a million bucks doing the workout, which is what got me interested.

Is Asylum that much harder than Insanity? I am not sure I can keep up with that he's doing, but when I work my way up, unsure of which to do - Insanity or Asylum.
I don't think it's harder. It's different. Coming from Insanity, you have to get used to not having those 30 second breaks. That's what makes it difficult. But like Insanity, once you learn the moves it gets better (still challenging though!).

Last edited by letsgetaway; 06-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/?/140

Height: 5'6

I had to build up to Insanity with TurboFire cause my butt was just too big to do Insanity.

I started round 2 of Insanity this morning (why wait for 'the right day', you'll just find an excuse to put it off again anyway.)

Check out youtube and some of the videos of Shaun T talking about Asylum. I know there was one where he said that people who haven't done Insanity or aren't in crazy shape may not get the results they're trying to. I mean, did you SEE his abs after Asylum!?!? OMG!

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by katja View Post

VALady78 is offline   Reply With Quote