View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 05:20 AM   #59
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Got stuck going into an evening meeting where I expected some healthy food to be available for dinner and only found 2 brownies and two pieces of dark chocolate. I gobbled them all and called it dinner. Ouch - not a wise approach to sane eating. My thinking was that I was better off with a sugar hit than to sit for two hours grousing about lack of anything to eat. CREDIT moi for not eating the other two brownies - he said defensively, LOL.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for splitting a brownie (from the guy who just ate two, LOL) - that's keeping your head. Can't wait to hear what you do with those garlic scapes.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Wonderful strategy for using the library as a comfortable spot far from your fridge.

maryann - It's neat that To Kill a Mockingbird is assigned to High School students as well as grad students. Now I gotta go read Frankenstein.

GardeningDeb - Kudos for skipping that ice cream - I'm right now in need of reading about sane eating. Ouch for the lost post - BTDT. I've learned to save a copy of my post in a wordpad document before I hit [Submit Reply].

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
Get Ready to Lose
Why Other Eating Plans Don't Work
Most eating plans have one or more of the following characteristics. No wonder dieters aren't successful in either losing weight or in keeping it off!
  • Calorie counts are too low. We have found that most dieters can't sustain an eating plan with fewer than 1,600 calories, day in and day out. They may be able to eat 1,000 or 1,200 calories for a few days, weeks, even months, but they gradually (usually without realizing it) drift up to eating at least 1,600 calories. Or they go above their low calorie count one day, get hopeless or frustrated, and eat hundreds or thousands of extra calories. Then it is very difficult for them to get back on track, and sometimes they eat out of control for days, weeks, or months. There is no point in eating a very restrictive level of calories if you are highly likely to start eating ore - you will just gain back weight.
    . . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D, The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 47.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months