S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Monday June 6- Sunday June 12

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning or what left of it Ladies

We have another beautiful sleeping weather & temps today and than tomorrow we start warming up again and by the end of the week the A/C's will be used again. I'm still waiting for my handy man to call to get the other a/c's in before my sister arrives.

Going to go out and get down to the beach early before the crowds come out. My hip is hurting cause I'm leaning that way trying to baby my left knee. If it doesn't go away I will get an appointment with the doctor.

RHONDAThanks for the new pages,was here this morning but I didn't start up the pages as I didn't want to duplicate them. Usually EMS or JOJO start them up.I'm not a pool person either as I don't swim to well. When I tell my GK that I'm going to dip in there pool I always ask for a noodle. They in turn laugh at me.

My Lunch is ready have to go,have a nice day

Last edited by beach bum; 06-06-2011 at 12:05 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the pages. I hope you're out there having a good day--and are keeping cool.

Maryann, be careful with your hip.

I'm back on program. Okay--so now I've decided I'm not so happy with my body. Just ate a banana. Turning into a monkey.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

sorry girls been busy so didnt do the page. Exams are all over and done with for now but im full of a cold i have started back on the diet today i could not concentrate on it for the 4 weeks i was doing exams cus i was so stressed so god knows how much iv put back on lol hope you had a goos birthday jojo.

how is everyone? xxxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I'm on a watermelon fast today. It is really good for getting rid of excess fluid. I plan on starting back on core tomorrow. I know the plan works, so that's where I'm headed.

We started working on the decorations for the wedding. It will be an Alice in Wonderland theme but will be very subtle and a little vintage. My sister found a vintage Al. In Wond. Book at a flea market, and we plan on scanning/copying the cover and using the copies as book jackets for the books that we will place on the tables. Each table will have a red cloth with a black square in the middle on which the books will sit. Half of the tables will have white tea pots with red roses and the other half will have a silver candlestick with a candle. All of the tables will have small cards with vintage Al. In Wond images on them. We also plan to use black and white damask runners on some of the tables, and we will decorate the light fixtures with black and white paper lanterns. It will really be a reflection of dd's personality.

Looks like y'all have been busy so far this summer. I hope you all some fun planned. GTG get some paper work done for dh. I'll check in tomorrow.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #6  

A good weekend & week in every way except my diet.

Cookout Saturday at pool = hotdog & cake
Lunch out & Birthday get together Sunday = big lunch & cake & kabobs
Taken out tonight for pasta & birthday dessert
Cousin is taking me out Wed at a pasta place
Friend taking me out Friday lunch .

Oh dear..

Kids all gave me one of those k cup coffee pots.
I love it

Last edited by nancy237; 06-06-2011 at 09:19 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:15 AM   #7  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Well, no more gadding about for me for some time, back on the straight and narrow. I'm going for a stone this time... that's 14lbs. Belated Happy Birthday Nancy. How's it going?

Queen's Club tennis tournament started yesterday for 2 weeks, last week the French Open finished after 2 weeks, and at the end of this month is Wimbledon so I am in my 7th heaven.

Weather not too bad... what's up with the world??? Volcanoes have started kicking off in Chile now. Do you reckon Mother Nature is trying to tell us something? We even had a small quake here at the weekend and lets not forget that Edinburgh is built on a (we hope) dormant volcano

Good luck everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I gained .4 for 3 weeks and that includes all my birthday graduation nonsense. Now I need to get back to business with Paula, Sloan and JoJo and with Rhonda and Sandra and Mary Ann who have been doing what they are supposed to for a while.

It is SOOOOO hot here! My pool water balance is a mess. Jim is at PT now then and appointment with his Ortho, then we have to tackle the pool. It was only 76 degrees yesterday which is too cold. We can't put the solar cover on because the water is NOT stable. We are almost done with wanting to have the pool. It's becoming too much work.

Have a great day!!!!!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #9  

Vickie..that is what I have to decide about the pool & staying in this house. Its a lot of work but it is a great magnet for gatherings and the kids love it. I have realized that few adults care to swim if they come over in the summer.

Our boat is 19 ft and the kids and I are all thinking that I should sell it and get a small little jon boat that is easy to pull with my car. We didn't use the boat very often in the last 2-3 years and it seems too big for me to handle. I have to keep the truck just to pull the boat if I want the boat. . All I want to do is putter around the shoreline to fish. I hate to keep it all winter just to sell in the spring but i hate to make a decision yet also.

Today is a paperwork day . I am behind on that type stuff.

My birthday is actually the 8th- tomorrow.
We just do Birthday weeks around here ...
Old 06-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!! Enjoy tomorrow. It's your special day cuz you're so special yourself.

Ladies, I hate seeing photos of myself. This article that came out about me through me into a depression. Maybe I needed the jolt. I'm now back on program. I am now 368 days sugar free--but being sugar free isn't enough. I'm working CORE, too.

If you're interested in seeing this article about archery and Curtis and me go to http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/ click on "Community Life." There's a photo of me on p 4 and the article begins on p 14.

If it's not all right for me to post this website and you're interested, just send me a PM and I'll get the link to you.

Ems, I'm sorry you have a cold and hope you get better quickly.

Vickie, on just gaining .4 in 3 weeks. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm proud of you.

Sloan, I love the wedding theme. My son had "Mickey Mouse."

JoJo, I'd like to lose 10 pounds for my first goal. Good success to you. You can do it.

Got to go. I need to water some plants. Have a good evening.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #11  

Nancy, happy birthday tomorrow! I like the sound of birthday week. I think I'll get that started when my birthday rolls around in Sept. I'm so glad you have such a great support system, sounds like they have been awesome.

Vickie, at least you have only gained .4 pounds. I have gained ten over the last 18 months. I am determined to get it off before the wedding in October. I have done pretty well today eating only core foods.

Jojo, I'm impressed with your goal setting. If I could lose a stone, that would be awesome. How have you been doing? I hope both you and Mark are well. I know you've just passed the one year anniversary of Beth's funeral; today is the one year anniversary of my father's funeral. Today while I was going through some clothes I found an old t shirt of his, and it still smelled like I remember his t shirts smelling when I was little ( it was always a treat to get to sleep in his t shirts). I was surprised that the memory actually made me smile instead of making me sad. I guess some of those " hard edges" that you talk about are starting to rub off.

Sandra, I think the next best wedding theme for dd would Micky mouse. She is a huge Disney fan. I'm back to doing core, too. Is anyone doing core right now? I know it works, so here I go again!

I think I jabbered long enough. Hey to the rest of you chickies.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #12  

Sandra, I just read the article, and I loved it. It's really nice to get to know you a little bit better. You are awesome!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #13  

Sandra,
Thanks for sharing the article. I enjoyed it and reading about how you met Curtis & how you got started with the archery.
I think you looked great in the photos !
Nancy
Old 06-08-2011, 04:02 AM   #14  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Sandra What a lovely article and photo, we both read it. Thank you so much for sharing.

Yep Sloanie. Beth died on May 26th, we collected her ashes on June 9th which would have been her 32nd birthday. It has been a roller coaster year: Complete numbness, shock, anger, grief, and a physical pain in the early months. It has helped, believe it or not that we have got the first year under our belts. Things are starting to improve. The memories bring smiles along with the tears.
Good luck everyone. I have a new diet 'mantra': 'Tis easier to give in and cheat a little bit, than to set too high a goal and give in completely'

Last edited by jojo23; 06-08-2011 at 04:03 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #15  

Happy Birthday Nancy. Enjoy your day.

jojo, I agree, give in every now and then. I've been doing the same.

Sandra, thanks for sharing. Loved reading how you met Curtis. BTW, you look great. I know what you mean about having your pic taken, I try to stay away from the camera.

I helped my daughter paint yesterday. Her and her friend are opening their own salon and we are in there painting, etc. I'm so sore today. My uppper legs are sore and last night I could barely move, I was so stiff. I keep forgetting I'm not as young as I think I am.

Vickie, that was great to only gain .4. I wouldn't even consider that a gain.

sloanie, I pretty much follow Core, Simply Filling, South Beach. They are basically the same. I stay away from white grains, anything fried, sugars. Been holding this same weight, but want to lose another 15 lbs. I just need to get serious and journal.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote