South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default SBD Chat - Wednesday, June 8

Happy Hump Day and welcome back to summer up here in New England We actually made it back to the 90s yesterday afternoon, half a day ahead of schedule. I'm going to get some coffee while warm beverages are still appealing, then I'll be back to say hello

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-08-2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: some time space issues
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sure hope you are sharing that coffee, Cyndi. we were warm here yesterday and probably will have more "summer" today. Right now it's a pleasant 67ºF.

Busy day ahead with stuff happening around the house this morning, pet therapy early afternoon and serving at a Church social at 4:30. The great thing about the last event is that my appetite is completely ruined after dealing with all the food and seeing how some people really load up their plates. Carb heaven! I'll be home by 6:30 for some sort of healthy meal.

Right now, it's time for a shower and a load of laundry before the first guy arrives. I plan to sit and quilt between engagements.

Hump Day indeed!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for the clarification, Cyndi, and for the coffee! It feels like Friday already! It was 90 in Denver yesterday and 79 when we got back home. Thankfully, it's usually 10 degrees cooler up here. It's painting day again. We decided we'll scrape this section then paint early Friday morning.

Ruth, great that you can resist all the food after preparing it. The social does sound fun, though.

My exciting non SBD news; I was going to buy a woodchipper with yard sale proceeds. Yesterday a family friend basically gave us one! I gave him $50 which he took with a bit of hesitation. It's in perfect condition but he's unable to run it anymore due to arthritis and just wanted it out of his garage. It was a moment when everyone felt a successful transaction. (The cheapest one I could buy new was $600.) Now if we could just get the painting out of the way so we could start in our yard.

Ok, Rudi wants to go out. See ya'll later! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 06-08-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning!

It's been hot up here in Maine, too, Cyndi. It was miserable in my classroom yesterday afternoon and today promises to be just as bad. We've only got a few days left though, so I'm not complaining!

I've got so much to do this week (report cards, filing, cleaning and packing my classroom, etc.) and my DH wants to get the garden in today. I'll stop and pick up the rest of the plants on my way home from school and we'll do it together when I get home. I'm wondering how on earth I can fit more than 24 hours in my day right now but I'm sure I'll be pleased tonight when the garden is finally all set. LOL

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Heidi, I feel your pain. I am just exhausted by 8 PM and have been falling into bed around nine. And my jobs are all self-inflicted!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey ladies! Y'all are a chatty bunch this am!

Already got up and did a run. It's a pleasant but sticky morning of 61 degrees (with 94% humidity), it's supposed to be 95 later today. Glad that is out of the way! I'm hoping that means I can take a nap later instead .

Off to work. I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of school!?!?!?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chicklets! My hot coffee is still appealing to me, as it's still tolerable so far this morning. The day will be heating up fast, though. At least I'll be able to spend most of it in air-conditioning.

The girls didn't want to go to gymnastics yesterday, so I brought them over here to swim. Amber and Tyler came over, too, and we had a great time. Jake and Dustin grilled burgers and brats and some summer squash for me, along with some corn-on-the-cob. The girls have Pony Club after school today and I'll be able to come home early, but I expect to find people in the pool again.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,
Cottage, can I jump in? They predict temps in the mid 90s for the next 3 days. In NYC, the heat/humidity coupled with the smog makes for very poor air quality. We live only 2 blocks away from the water so that helps, but there's an expressway at the water's edge so that cancels things out a bit.

Anyway, I can't WAIT for the last day of school. Just like my son, I am so sick of homework. My son really struggles to stay focused on it and I don't blame him. I'm also struggling to stay focused and on plan. This week looks like a wash because of a couple of different events. Excuses, excuses!

Hope everyone has a great (cool) day.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, you all are busy this morning

Ruth - It's amazing how seeing someone else make choices really clarifies things sometimes. Happy quilting

Debbie - Wow, congratulations on your new yard toy! What a great deal for everyone

Heidi - Good luck with the heat. Let's make a note to plan a get together once school is out. I wonder if there are any parks with kayak rentals between here and there?

Twynn - Every morning I think I'm going to get out and walk before it gets hot but I always get distracted Hey, I think you earned an extra nap

Cottage - My newest grill finds - apparently Tofurky makes kielbasa and beer brats. The kielbasa is good on the grill, not as interesting any other way. We are trying the brats tomorrow (I think). I hope to do one more massive batch of asparagus before the heat does it in.

Mathilda - Good luck with the heat. Good reminder for me to check air quality. You'd think Vermont would be great but with Quebec just north and Boston to the east our air can get pretty gross in the summer.

It's a late day again here. There's another training in the same building we used last week. It was miserably hot last week so I'm planning to get lots of cold beverages and popsicles for the freezer this time. The plus side for me was getting out and walking laps around the Bennington Monument. It was a little cooler with a light breeze by 6 pm. I hope to do that again tonight.

I'm experiencing weight frustration. After a week of constant losses I'm stalled and even up a little. I'm doing the same thing so have to assume it's just water and the Universe thwarting me It is so true that it just gets harder every year at this point. I so wanted to be back in the 130s for the big 5-0 but unless I have a big whoosh that's not happening. Oh well, nothing to do but keep on keeping on

Okay, time to plan out the day. I want to get on the road by 10. Probably not much internet until I'm back home around 10 tonight. Happy and breezy hump day

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-08-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yep, hot here too. I seem to have blinked and missed Spring.

Big day today - my teen heads back to CA for his college orientation tomorrow and Friday. DH is going with him; there is a parent program. So... home alone until Saturday!

I'm going to go summer fruit free for a while. I just can't stop overeating the seasonal yumminess. You could not believe how many berries I ate yesterday! And I don't eat nearly as many veggies when I'm fruiting it up. Sigh.

Off the the gym with my mom this morning. No Friday workout this week, Debbie!

Keep cool everyone! BBL
Old 06-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I've had the tofurky beer brats, and they're pretty good. I don't care for kielbasa, though, so I haven't had the tofurky ones. Asparagus is still abundant around here, but all the lettuces in my garden are starting to bolt. I hate the thought of having to start buying it again.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Cottage, cut your lettuce back to a nub and it may leaf out again if the weather moderates. It's worth a try.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I miss you chicks! I just read back through a number of dailies, and have discovered that basically none of the posts I have written from work have gone through. From home - no problem. SO I am trying an end-run-around on the work system and will see if this works.

This is the last week of regular classes for me - next week is all exams for the teenagers. Both DD1 and DD2 have their last day Friday - they could not be more thrilled.

Weight loss here is stalled as well right around 158, but as I have been running and playing Ultimate again, I know I have been eating more, so holding steady is not the end of the world. Hoping that adding swimming in will break this plateau.

Excessive heat warnings today and tomorrow make me very happy to have an air conditioned classroom for the first time in 18 years - WHOO HOO!!!
Stay safe and as cool as you can out there.

Be well -
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning, guess I'm the late sleeper this morning. It was DH's turn to take DD to the bus stop at 6am. Gonna be hot here too in NH, right now they are digging up our street to repave so it's going to be hot and noisy

Matilda you inspired me yesterday and I cleaned my bedroom top to bottom. Now to inspire DH to paint it (I hate to paint)

Cyndi, Happy Birthday!! I turn the big 50 this fall and it's what inspired me to find this WOE and lose the weight. I am trying for the 130's too, a weight I haven't seen or could get to for 15 years.

Karen, I love fruit too and can't wait until picking season opens here, lots of good berry picking locally. Hopefully I won't binge on it.

Heidi, good luck with the garden. We have too much shade here in the woods and only can grow lettuce and hopefully beans. My DH put it in this year and it's his "baby" so happily I let him. We visit Maine all the time, DH wants to retire there someday.

Cottage, lettuce is what we grow best, we put ours in late this year so haven't even had it yet. We'd better eat it soon before ours bolts too.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #15  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

back from all my celebrations. I do not do well in social eating situations. This is something I will have to work on very hard. Up a bit but hope that its water retention.

Debbie - You are so excited about your wood chipper, have fun and thanks for the anniversary wishes. We have a lovely time.

Everyone else have a good day and drink lots of water in this heat that most of us are experiencing.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread