View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 05:31 AM   #49
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - It was a good food day, CREDIT moi. Left over dahl (lentils) on the patio for dinner. No extraneous food offered so I didn't have to decline. Walked (CREDIT moi) to get broccoli for dinner and was absolutely shocked to find a small store selling it for $2.69 a pound - WOW! Found if for only $1.69 a pound elsewhere.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Yay for the smell of lilacs in the air.

maryann - Ouch for a sickly computer. Don't you grad student types need a new quality laptop with a zillion bytes of RAM and a huge hard drive? Ambitious goal of 210 minutes of exercise a week - Kudos for making that commitment.

Susan (wife2abadge) - Love the "half birthdays" celebration. The first time I did that with one of my kids, I bought a half cake and had the inscription on top written as if it had been cut in half, including only the first half of their name. They loved it.

Readers -
Quote:
chapter 3
Get Ready to Lose

Before you start, however, I would like you to do the following 10 essential tasks.
task 10
Make Response Cards

Below are three sabotaging thoughts that most dieters have. I would like you to create the corresponding Response Cards so that you will have them on hand once you start Phase I.

sabotaging thought:

It isn't fair. Other people eat whatever they want.
Please make the following Response Card to address this issue.
When dieting seems unfair, remind myself that
I'm not alone. This is how all successful dieters and
maintainers eat. I have a choice. I can let a sense
of unfairness overwhelm me, cheat on my diet,
and gain weight. Or I can accept that this is what I
have to do if I want all of the benefits of permanent
weight loss.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D, The Complete Beck Diet for Life (Green book), pg 46.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months