UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/300/238

Height: 5'11"

Default New Here and looking for some support and motivation!

Hi

So once again I am on the dieting Wagon. I have tried lots of diets in the past and have had no joy, so now I am doing it the sensible way. I am tracking my calories, increasing my exercise and trying to work through my emotional eating issues!

I use Livestrong.com, to track my food and really enjoy it. Its a bit like a numbers game, trying to get the calories down and keeping the fat to a minimum. I'm using my Wii fit again, which I know isnt much, but I dont normally do any exercise so thats good for me, lol. (The biggest loser game is a great workout!)

So it was my first week last week and I lost 5lbs, not bad for just making healthier choices. I am hoping I can keep it up (although i know the losses will slow down) and that my motivation will last as I really want to do this!!

I am hoping that using this forum, will help me keep at it. That is all, thank you for reading and hopefully see you around the boards!

Nicola
Nicc117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'9''

Wellcome back to the "wagon"!

I LOVE wii fit, and like you said if it means youre doing that instead of nothing then great. 10 minutes of hula hoop (especially when I'm competing to beat my bfs high score) in my opinion is good cardio and builds up a sweat.

Congrats on your 5lb drop. I havent weighed myself yet (i'm new here too) but I'm going to bite the bullet soon. I also used to use livestrong alot but all the foods on the food calculator are american and it might be called the same across the pond but nutritional values vary to what we get here, not a huge difference but still something to be aware of.

Hope to see you round! Stick with it and give it your best shot
sillykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Hope you find yourself liking the place. You should make a 3FC blog, it's a great way to vent out problems and get support =).

I would love to try wii fit, we have a wii in our house but don't you need to buy that board to stand on? Or is it just with the controller? Perhaps I should invest on days when I don't feel like gracing the outside world with my flubbering!

Your plan is great and sensible, diets with strict rules aren't for everyone but I think we can all agree monitoring your calorie intake and exercising is the best combination. Good luck! Hope to see you around!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 AM   #4  

Thank you,

Silky kitten: I think Livestrong has changed quite a bit, lots of asda, morissons and tesco items on there, which is better than it was before. Wii fit is fun, just ordered Zumba so looking forward to that, lol!

Riestrella: Thanks, I'll check out the blogs. You should take a look on ebay, the boards and game can go for about £30 on there sometimes. I also have the biggest loser game( which is a tough workout), but that can use the board or just the controller, so if you dont want to get a board, maybe check that one out Noticed your biggest loser thread, wish I'd joined sooner, would love to join in!

Trying to find my way around the boards, but will definately see you both around
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #5  
taking one day at a time

S/C/G: 203/180/135

Height: 5' 4 (5'5? measured at clinic)

Hi Nicola

Congrats on the weight loss! 5lb is an awsome start. It sounds like you've got it all planned; you're doing the same as me. I'm an emotional, boredom and habit eater and this time I'm looking at this different. Now I've recognised my issues, I'll try to beaware of them, try to deal with them but not be disheartened or give up when they take over (as they've done in the past). I hope that if I get control again and get back on track it will work this time.

Good luck with everything!
mom24uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5ft 3ins

Hi, Nic! Well done on the loss! I'm new to the site (joined Tuesday) and plan to make my weigh in day on Monday. I need to lose 6st. I'm a serial dieter, too, and for a few years my motivation has been crap---not managed to stick at it for more than 2 days! Was lying in bed small hours Tues morning, feeling really sorry for myself cos I had cystitis (again)and feeling to heavy to get out of bed to go to the loo I did eventually!!) Thought "can't go on like this", and it was a real lightbulb moment!!! I'm hoping it doesn't go out! Been good for 3 (YES!! 3!!) days, and feeling more optimistic. Could do with a lot of support, tho'. Not good on my own, but I hate joining clubs. Hope to hear from you, and anyone else. Be good, bye for now, love Steph x
1 fat hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 fat hen View Post
Hi, Nic! Well done on the loss! I'm new to the site (joined Tuesday) and plan to make my weigh in day on Monday. I need to lose 6st. I'm a serial dieter, too, and for a few years my motivation has been crap---not managed to stick at it for more than 2 days! Was lying in bed small hours Tues morning, feeling really sorry for myself cos I had cystitis (again)and feeling to heavy to get out of bed to go to the loo I did eventually!!) Thought "can't go on like this", and it was a real lightbulb moment!!! I'm hoping it doesn't go out! Been good for 3 (YES!! 3!!) days, and feeling more optimistic. Could do with a lot of support, tho'. Not good on my own, but I hate joining clubs. Hope to hear from you, and anyone else. Be good, bye for now, love Steph x
Hi Steph that definitely sounds like me!! So are you doing a specific diet or just cutting back etc? I think motivation is hard to hold onto, so maybe we can cheer each other on, lol! Hope that your having a nice weekend with lots of nice yummy healthy foods

Mom24uk: thanks for the welcome, and the well wishes. Emotional eating is hard to kick, but I think it definitely helps knowing where it comes from. I'm working on distracting myself with something else whenever I feel the need to snack, or ringing up a friend for a chat. So far so good!

See you both on the boards

Nic
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #8  
Seafood and eat it :D

Hiya! Well done on your weight loss. Think the last time i lose 5 pounds was down at tesco a week back so well done you lol!! I am have, however, joined you on your 'wagon' for the thousanth time this year and i am very determined to lose at least 2 stone! Currently on day 5 (excellent for me lol) and doing pretty well. Went for a 4 mile walk last night with the other half and nearly died haha. However, i will stick to it. Just imagine our faces when we finally reach our goals. Gud luck hunni!! Xxxx
jayne231403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 259/181/ 150

Height: 5'7

Hiya, welcome! I'm new here too. Just started but every one is so supportive here. Well done for the 5 lbs. Not bad for your first week eh?
WLGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your loss so far and welcome!

I love to check out the Goal photo threads for constant inspiration we will be them some day!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #11  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations, 5lb in one week is awesome! I am also new to the site, and trying to work through my issues with food too; I am currently reading the Beck Diet Solution (uses Cognititive Therapy techniques) and Adore yourself Slim (which has a self hypnosis CD, but i confess i haven't used this yet!) in order to give me a bit of a helping hand... we'll see how that goes. I read some of Geneen Roth's books last year which made a lot of sense to me but i just never really got my act together... definitely worth a read though if you're an emotional eater.
SuperChick is offline   Reply With Quote