Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #1  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Talking JUNE--LAWL Friends!!

Hello to all! It's the start of a new month!

And today is National Running Day! check it out! http://ow.ly/578Ij

Any goals, plans, vacations or exciting things happening this month?

ps..i posted a new profile picture that was taken last weekend and put up a new avatar as well! who's with me in changing pictures or taking a progress pic? don't be shy!

Last edited by JLem311; 06-01-2011 at 12:36 PM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #2  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Jillian- My goal is to to as good as you!!!! haha

On May 22nd, I got on the scale to find that I was 178 pounds which was 2 pounds higher than my highest weight!!!! I think it was a huge eye opener!! On May 24th, I began my new eating habits. I am following the 17 day diet however not to the exact menu. This morning, I weighed in at 173. My goal for the end of this week or early next week is is hit 169 and get out of the 170's. My daughter piped up this morning and said " Man, we are eating fish again!!!" I just laughed.
I am feeling just awesome! My goal is 160 and then I will see how I feel from there. I am not going to let myslef go this time. I am not craving any junk food at all, its weird kinda. I eat eggs or yogurt with fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch and chicken or fish with veggies for dinner. I am also drinking 3 cups of green tea every day. I think it curbs my appetite somehow.
Anyways, just wanted you to know I failed but I am back on my feet again. I am going to do this!!!!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Happy June everyone!

My trip to Vegas was just awesome. I partied like I was 25 again. Unfortunately I had a gain when I got back...most of it whooshed away almost immediately, but I'm working on 4lbs I gained back now. I got right back on plan, so I'm really proud about that. Last time I went off track I let it carry on far too long once I was back at home.

Joan -- I'm so excited for you that you've found a program you enjoy and it sounds like it's working well for you.

JenniD -- You asked about calorie counting on the May thread..I'm eat around 1350 calories per day now, but I try to save at least half of my calories for the evening as I get very munchy in the evening. I eat smaller meals at breakfast and lunch, and I still try to keep my carbs low and definitely eat protein at every meal -- that really helps to keep me feeling satisfied so I'm not as tempted to over eat.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #4  
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Jillian I have to say you look amaaazing! Almost 200lbs lost, I'd be patting myself on the back and grinning all day. Congratulations!
Well, I've managed to cut cigarettes in half and I've taken off another couple of pounds... 16 lbs lost so far, 20 more to go. Planning to lose another 5-8 lbs in the coming month. Now I have to get into some workout routine because both my arms and thighs are looking a little loose. My current schedule doesn't leave much time for the gym so can anyone recommend a fun workout DVD or something?
NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone:
I was reading online that there will be La weight loss centers coming to PA and NJ, I missed the centers when they closed in my area. I was wondering if any of you would be tempted to go to a center again?
If I did go back I wouldn't get anything in bulk again.
dianem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #6  

Hello all:

I did this plan a long time ago with some success. I'd like to try it again. Does anyone know when I could find a pdf of the plan? If you could email it to me, I wold greatly appreciate it. My address is my username @gmx.com. Thanks.
JimBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #7  
LYSA

S/C/G: 163/130.5/125

Height: 5'6"

Back at 'er.....been following plan 2 (without bars) on my own for just over a week now....4 lbs down....so not too shabby!......I was on the plan last year and lost almost 30lbs in a few months. But my centre closed when I was 5-8lbs away from my goal weight....never got to learn the maintenance portion of the plan and gained about 10 of it back.....missing my weigh-in and councelling appointments...they really kept me on track....hope this forum can replace them for me, it would be great to have a buddy to lose with! good luck and cheers.
lysa25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #8  

Hello Everyone:

I just started LA Weight loss again on the 5/23/11. The first few days I did great lost 8.2 lbs but then on day 5 the scale started to go up. I gained 5lbs. Granted I am still down 3, I am getting frustrated. I do have my cycle right now but it's the tail end of it. I have been weighing and measuring everything and I haven't cheated at all. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. If someone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.
Adestiny04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #9  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Adestiny-give it a little more time and make sure you're getting in all your water. You don't give any details (starting weight, plan, etc)--but if you don't start to lose again-maybe you're not on the right plan? Hang in there!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5 6'

Default dont give keep going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adestiny04 View Post
Hello Everyone:

I just started LA Weight loss again on the 5/23/11. The first few days I did great lost 8.2 lbs but then on day 5 the scale started to go up. I gained 5lbs. Granted I am still down 3, I am getting frustrated. I do have my cycle right now but it's the tail end of it. I have been weighing and measuring everything and I haven't cheated at all. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. If someone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.
hi
its porbably your cycle, i too have been gaining 7lbs every month on my cycle week, its frustating, i didnt have this probelm when i was in my 20's, but i do, so i take this over the counter meds called PMS helps alot.
hope that helps
neebeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #11  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

NewLifeNewMe-I've been doing the 30 day Shred from Jillian Michaels-a 20 minute workout that you definitely feel! Since it's only 20 minutes-it's hard to use the "I don't have time" excuse.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #12  
Joan

Whoot whoot, today its been two weeks since I started fresh again. I am down a total of 6 pounds. I feel great!!! 17 more pounds to go! I am not sure why but it just seems to be clicking this time around!

Joan
Old 06-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #13  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

just a quick hello from me..i wanted to say GREAT JOB to all that are treating their bodies well! and congrats to those making healthy decisions!

to my surprise this morning, i'm down a little bit more to 139.6! i never believed i would ever in my entire life see the 130's..SO ODD. but sooooo cool!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #14  
Joan

Jillian- That is just amazing. I can't believe how far you have come. You must feel like a million bucks!

Today I weighed in at 171, down another pound. I am really feeling good about my food decisions. Last night is the first night I cooked red meat in just over two weeks and the smell made me feel sick. This has never happened to me before. Has this happened to any of you? I could not eat my taco salad last night. I meant to take out ground chicken but accidently took out ground beef and I just couldnt eat it.....weird, because I love red meat!!!!
Anyways, I am going to try cooking some pork ribs on the weekend because I have company coming for dinner. I sure hope I make it thru that meal!!

Its my daughters 16th birthday tomorrow and her request is to not have chicken or fish!!! I guess I will make her pasta and have a nice salad for me! Anyways just checking in to say that I am on track!!!

I am going to fit into a size 10 short in another month, I can feel it!!!

Joan
Old 06-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #15  
Micky50

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/142-152

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Juliemarie! I'll check it out - will probably download from Amazon. I'm getting close to meeting my first mini-goal: 165lbs. by 7/2. Wish me luck!!!
NewLifeNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote