View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
mexigrl64

Question Best Diet for Carb Lover?

Hi,

I've tried a few diets over the years - Atkins was successful for a short while but I couldn't live without carbs. I'd like to find a diet that will have fairly good results in 2 months or so but one that allows carbs.

I've done WW and for some reason my last go-round (2 months) didn't really allow for much weight loss. I have about 20 lbs to lose and am 46 years old - finding it hard to get rid of the pounds for the last few years. I do not eat fast food, fried foods and am pretty careful about too many sweets. I'm not a big veggie or fish eater which can make some diets difficult. I understand about complex carbs and try to eat things like oatmeal, whole grains, etc. but still the weight stays on.

Is there any good way to jump start my weight loss in the next two months that would still allow me at least some carbs and variety? Ideally (as if there is such a thing) I would like to lose 10-15 lbs in the next two months. At that point I move to Mexico for 3 months and I know I'll have to adjust my diet there. It's likely to contain lots of legumes, fruits and some meats (and the occasional tortilla). That is another reason I can't see doing an Atkins type diet again.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Laurie
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote