General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Junk mail: I WON!

You know those bogus flyers ya get in the mail? I got one from the Chevy dealer. Well...I WON! ... something.

I have to go in to claim my prize (of course) but the guy on the phone could at least confirm I won either an Equinox, and ipad, $500 or 4 lottery tickets.

I'm guessing it'll be losing lottery tix and I'll have spent $10 in gas getting to the dealer.

What do ya think my odds are of getting the truck? I'll post later when I find out.

I'm sure everyone will be on pins and needles till then. Haha
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm pretty sure it's a "$4 to come in and be sold a Chevy" deal but maybe they'll be winning lottery tickets?
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

Its a scam...we went it too cause it said you were gaurenteed to win 1 of 4 prizes, and one was a scratcher ticket. When the guy went to get one for us, we walked out laughing.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I bet you have to test drive a vehicle and give all sorts of information before you get to "claim" your prize....

But good luck either way I can't wait to hear what they put you through for some expired lotto tickets jk

Last edited by ryeb; 06-03-2011 at 09:11 PM.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

LOL! I got one of those once. I was really tempted to go and get my prize. :P

It was something like "1 of 4 prizes", too. My cousin won a car through something like this and that's the only reason I was tempted.

Ah well, I guess I missed out. LOL!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I believe it's legal in most states to offer prizes that don't exist as long as you phrase it as "one of the following" and at least one of the options is offered.

When you read it, you think that someone is going to win each of those prizes so you've got a chance at winning each of the good prizes because someone has to, right? Wrong! EVERYONE may get the lottery tickets (and are they state lottery tickets, or is it a private lottery that the dealership is running - if it's for the dealership, there's no guarantee that there are any decent prizes to be won).

It's so dishonest it should be illegal. If they advertise "one of" prizes then every one of those prizes listed should be real, not just "one of" them.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #7  

OMG it was TOO funny! Hook, line and sinker because I'm looking for a new truck. The guy didn't even look at my winning ticket before he said, "I'll get you your lottery ticket." It was like there was no way I was anything but a loser.

And funnier than that, the grand prize on my $1 lottery ticket was TWO dollars. But I didn't even win that. It was a loser, too.

I learned a lot about the chevy equinox, tho.

Last edited by fitness4life; 06-05-2011 at 11:09 AM.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote