Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 8"

Default Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

I just happened to catch this new series that started on Monday (watched it yesterday on Hulu). Wow, very inspirational! It’s neat because each episode follows the journey of one obese person while they pushed themselves to the limit for 365 days. You get to see all the highlights along the way to their final weigh in. And in the episode I watched they didn’t do liposuction (not that I’m saying there is anything wrong with it) – they only did some skin removal when the woman had lost significant weight. Seeing the woman’s joy and triumph at the end of the show really made me wish I was in her shoes! I’ll be pushing myself extra hard at the gym this afternoon! I encourage you to check it out if you haven’t already.
uwfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Yes, I saw this show...and it was inspiring for me as well. There was another thread here about this show and people were shocked that the trainer and this woman were so upset when she didn't meet one of the goals when she missed it by only 5 lbs. I did find that to be a low point on the show. Overall, I feel like this woman is still better off than if she hadn't done the show. I sometimes worry that someone that heavy could get seriously injured while being pushed past their limit so that also makes me uncomfortable when I watch it. However, I still will watch it because I'm a sucker for any weight loss show on t.v.!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

ohh my gosh I'm so glad you posted this! I have been wanting to see it soo bad but had forgotten about the premiere! I just went and watched it on Hulu and it was fantastic! I can't wait to see more! I have loooved that trainer ever since I saw him on the 650 lb virgin! I wish I could have him kick my butt into shape! haha!
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
Yes, I saw this show...and it was inspiring for me as well. There was another thread here about this show and people were shocked that the trainer and this woman were so upset when she didn't meet one of the goals when she missed it by only 5 lbs. I did find that to be a low point on the show. Overall, I feel like this woman is still better off than if she hadn't done the show. I sometimes worry that someone that heavy could get seriously injured while being pushed past their limit so that also makes me uncomfortable when I watch it. However, I still will watch it because I'm a sucker for any weight loss show on t.v.!
I thought there may have been another thread, but couldn't find it.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

I would have liked to see the end results of the skin removal. I think it would be good for people who have issues/fears in this area to see someone go through the procedure and the final results. We couldn't see anything in a long-sleeved dress, however.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #6  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Fattymcfatty (I feel horrible addressing you by that name, by the way!) - I was thinking the same thing! I was kind of shocked that they didn't show the stomach after surgery, esp. considering how many times they showed raw footage of her undressed pre-surgery. Made me wonder if something went wrong, actually.
ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

uwfan27: Here is the link to the other thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-tv-shows.html in case you're still interested.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #8  

Thanks luckymommy, I will read through the thread!

I hadn't thought about them not showing the "after" photos post-skin removal. I wonder why they didn't show that... Maybe because her scars were too fresh? I don't know much about those surgeries.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

I too wish they would have shown the results of the surgery. I wonder how many lbs she lost when they took away all of that excess skin. She had lost 130 something prior to surgery and 161 after. I wonder how much more weight she actually lost and how much was removed with surgery. It looked like she had quite a big amount of extra skin...
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

I too wish they would have shown the results of the surgery. I wonder how many lbs she lost when they took away all of that excess skin. She had lost 130 something prior to surgery and 161 (I think)after. I wonder how much more weight she actually lost and how much was removed with surgery. It looked like she had quite a big amount of extra skin...
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
I would have liked to see the end results of the skin removal. I think it would be good for people who have issues/fears in this area to see someone go through the procedure and the final results. We couldn't see anything in a long-sleeved dress, however.
I thought the same thing! I mean I didn't expect her to come out in a bikini or anything but I thought surely they'd show in like the before/after pics. I would like to know how much she lost from it too.. because in the 3 months before she had only lost 3 pounds but then it was so much more at the final weigh in.. I know she had to take some time of post op.. so not sure how much she had lost on her own.. Would have been nice to see!
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

I just watched it today. I was surprised she came out in a long sleeved shirt. Maybe ish is right and it didn't turn out as planned. I'm thinking maybe it was too soon for the skin removal..she wasn't under 200lbs yet, and isn't it better to wait till you are at or close to your goal weight? She might have more loose skin if she loses another 30 or so pounds? I got the feeling they just said yes to the skin removal for the show.

Other then that..the trainer felt a bit Bob Harper-ish..and the bungee jumping reminded me of last season's Biggest Loser.

Last edited by ringmaster; 06-03-2011 at 12:05 AM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote