Old 06-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #1  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default Has WW changed?

I have the book and counters from 7 yrs ago (which is funny considering my oldest is 7 hmn coincidence? I think not) and it looks like things have changed points wise.

Can anyone give me a heads up?
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

The new system is called PointsPlus.

The whole formula for the way PointsPlus are calculated has changed. In fact, it's now very difficult to "guesstimate" points, because it's not really based on just calories. The old 1 point is about 50 calories doesn't apply. PointsPlus now encompasses fat, carbs, fiber and protein.

There's not a whole lot much else I can legally say on this board (the formula itself is copyrighted).

You can still lose weight using the old plan, but you have to make sure you use the counters you had or the calculator you had.

If you're interested in the new plan, however, I highly recommend going to a meeting to pick up the new materials and a calculator, or joining WW online, or ordering an at home kit.

Last edited by Lovely; 06-01-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Derp. Missing word.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #3  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Thanks. I always did think it was odd they never took into account protein or carbs. I was always used to watching those the most back in the day when I had a rocking bod lol.

I might have to check it out now.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I'm actually excited that they started taking protein & carbs into account (and not just the fiber).

I'd always liked that they watched out for the fats in food, but I think having the overall balance of fat, carbs, and protein is going to be best.

The higher fat/higher carb foods are now more points, but since points changed overall you get more daily points than you used to and can still fit in the old favorites in the usual moderation.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/243/160

Can you just answer one question without it being proprietary? Does the new program give you daily points, plus a good amount of weekly points, plus activity points?
CountingAcct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #6  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yes, CountingAcct- PP+ does.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingAcct View Post
Can you just answer one question without it being proprietary? Does the new program give you daily points, plus a good amount of weekly points, plus activity points?
Yep! All three are there. It's just the numbers that have changed, but believe me it's still sustainable.