Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking Twelve Week Bootcamp Challenge #2

YO!!!! YO!!!! YO!!!! CAMPERS, IT IS TIME FOR TPS (TOTALLY POSITIVE SATURDAY)!!!! AS A SPECIAL FUN CHALLENGE, THE BOYS IN THE CAMP ACROSS THE RIVER ARE CHALLENGING THE GIRLS TO A WHOLE DAY OF THINKING ONLY POSITIVE FITNESS AND WEIGHT ISSUE THOUGHTS, BELIEVING THAT IT'S POSITIVELY POSSIBLE TO STAY MORE OR LESS ON PROGRAM DURING THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND, EXPRESSING ONLY POSITIVE THOUGHTS AND SUPRESSING ALL FEARS THAT THE BAB WILL TAKE OVER BEFORE TUESDAY!!!!

Oh, was I shouting? Sorry! The sign-up sheet is over by the TALL PINE TREE OF POSITIVE FITNESS RESOLUTIONS, which is located (in case you don't know) in the center of camp by the bulletin board. The says she is taking it as a given that everyone is signed up for this, even if they don't report in!

Let's go out there and show those boys across the river what us girls can do! Let's BANISH THE BAB and send some floating across the river to take up residence in the boys' camp!

Ok?

Ok, the says she's assuming that's ok!!!

Woo-hoo, here we go!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-24-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:33 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Default 'Just me and my sha-a-a-a-DOW, all alone and feeling BLUE! (not)

"Will you please post your report on this, the second of the 12-week challenge thread, Amarantha, since you've been so bold as to start it?!"

"Well, ok, , don't mind if I do. I'm reporting that I'm not done working but quitting anyhow until Monday as I refuse to work on Sunday anymore. This is relevant to weight loss as I believe that seven-day writing schedule is causing a rise in cortisol in my pathetic aging body and not allowing for a loss of this danged extra ... so, I'm quitting and have one more of the six BFL meals for the day. Calories are ok, workout was 50 minutes of run/walk on the treadmill at gym ... moderate pace but really felt great!!! Woo-hoo! How's that?

"Wonderful, Amarantha! Thanks! Over and out!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-24-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:02 AM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Private Wildfire reporting for duty!

Have been AWOL, but am back in uniform with boots so shiny I can see my reflection in them! I am starting fresh today, and think a re-stating of goals is called for:
  • Keep calories under 1700 daily
  • Log food and exercise into FitDay daily
  • Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
  • Take multivitamin and calcium daily
  • Minimum of 30 minutes exercise daily
  • Eat more fruits/veggies!

One day at a time, and it will all add up!
Old 05-25-2003, 01:12 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Default Yowza!!!! Yowza!!! Yowza!!!

"Amarantha's no longer feelin' DOWN, 'cause she's DOWN a POUN'!!!" Yowza!!! Congratulations to me!!!

Thanks for posting, Wildfire!!!

In the spirit of re-evaluation, I realize I am really heading toward a modified Body For Life, although I intend to stay in the magazine contest (you can use any plan you want for that). I need more exercise and more food variety than the original plan calls for. I also need/want to focus a bit more on building up to my dream of running again someday, though I don't intend to give up hardcore (sort of) weight training. So my goal for this week is to stick to plan as modified and make it more my own, post briefly and succinctly here and maybe come up with a weight goal for the Fourth of July. My reward for losing a pound is to buy a food processor. I've drastically improved my eating habits on this plan and feel worlds better, but since I don't like vegetables (to be frank with you ... no, you be Frank, I'll be Fred, sorry, I digress from brevity), I think I could use a processor to make them into sauces or something. It's an idea, anyway!

Today is my free day on the BFL, but on my personal MBFL (Modified BFL, sorry Bill, it doesn't work your way), I'm calling it Sunday Funday and will only have an extra treat or two, but I will count calories and keep it moderate. Eat anything you want days aren't a good idea in this neck o' the Fitness Forest, Kemo Sabe!

Eydie, if you're lurking, !!!!!

Bye-bye !

Last edited by Amarantha2; 05-25-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 03:32 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

*whoooohoooo* Congrats on that pound lost, Amarantha! Here's a banana just for you!

Did an hour on ye old treadmill this morning, at a moderate walk. My back is cooperating for the most part today. Calcium taken, 4 glasses of water in, working on the rest.
Old 05-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #6  

Yippee, found the new thread. Congrats to our fearless leader on the pound loss. Now, I will do the happy dance for you

Had a so-so weekend. I totally pigged out yesterday and went well over the calorie limit. But today, I am back on target and have gone to the gym, so feeling fine Am looking forward to another productive week.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:36 PM   #7  

Default reporting for duty

my 12 week challenge starts tommorrow so i guess i'll be 4 weeks in the hole. Hope you don't mind me jumping in the middle.
I completed 12 weeks on bfl in the past and had great results. but the stresses of everyday life have taken there toll and i'm way off track.
right now, i've been unemployed and need a way to alleviate some of the stresses that unemployment and job hunting are causing. wish me luck.
my goals are:

1. eat 5 or 6 small (low carb) meals-that's my own thing, i feel much fuller on a low carb plan.
2. don't miss those exercise sessions.
3. i'm looking for a 2 lb. loss each week, i can do it!!

so now the goals are set, the plan underway, and it's all in writing there is no backing out now.

sheila
-----------------------------------
starting weight-182lbs.
highest weight-220lbs.
goal weight- 150lbs.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:17 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Welcome, Sheila!!!! You're definitely welcome to jump in wherever you are ... actually we are all just kind of at different places along the journey. You're the second BFLer on the thread (unless someone is keeping it mum). Congratulations on your first success on the plan!!! You are right, there's no backing out and YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Thanks to all for congrats on the ... for me, that's a real breakthrough. I'm really looking forward to my workout tomorrow (the gym is open). Modified day off went well ... had TWO sugary sport shakes while out shopping because I like them and because I was starving and blood sugar going down ... eating the six meals a day has made me aware that timing is all important in success and I'd gone too long without eating ... bought some high fat ice cream and ate a quarter of a cup and threw the rest away. Then I drank a low carb protein shake that I like ... I'm not a low carber, just watching sugar because it helps and also I like that shake best ... seemed to stop me from going on to binge after the ice cream ... very satisfying. Dinner was a chicken breast water fried with sun dried tomatoes, small serving of mashed potatoes with butter buds, and tomato slice Roughly counting, I've had five meals and may skip the sixth ... dunno. Calories good at 1670, could have a protein shake.

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, I believe I heard a news report that the BAB is on the lam in Chicago somewhere!!! They're scared to come hanging round this camp anymore ... bye BAB, don't let the door hit you on the way outta here!!!!

Old 05-26-2003, 09:31 AM   #9  

You threw out the high fat ice cream???? Now that is someone on a mission!! You go girl.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:05 PM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Default Eeeny meeny, chile beany, the spirit is about to speak: YOWZAH!!!!!

You be right, Camper Simcoe, I DO go!!! Woo-hoo! Finished work (nice they give me a half day on a holiday) and am now off to gym!!!!

AND BY THE WAY, WE ALL GO-GO-GO ON THIS THREAD AND WILL REACH OUR DESTINATIONS SOON ... SAID DESTINATIONS BEING FABULOUSLY FIT NEW BODIES AND TRANSFORMED LIVES BY THE AMAZING HEALTH AND SLENDERNESS OF OURSELVES!!! RIGHT?

No BAB better come in here!!! RIGHT?

Right!
Old 05-26-2003, 05:30 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Someone moved the tents but I found you!

Hi gang,

Its been a busy weekend and I've been a bit frustrated. But no whining. I've worked hard physically around the house and yard but haven't done hard exercise. I have walked the dog everynight. I've gotten a bit lax on the food this weekend but I've got the fridge full of healthy veggies and fruits. I'm ready to get refocused. I'm determined to get my bike out this week to ride. I need for DH to take me to the wildlife area to ride. That's my second goal for the week.

Congrats to all those who are losing!! Great job!
Old 05-26-2003, 06:10 PM   #12  
Student of the Hoof

Mind if I jump in? I'm on a MBFL too. I started it two weeks ago, but I see up there that you mentioned people are in different places along the way. Congrats on the loss Amarantha, and you seem to have gotten jump started! I use the BFL weights approach for now, I've modified the aerobic interval to walk 2 run 1 for 20. My treadmill doesn't allow for all the little incremental adjustments and plus I like my aerobic interval training to be rather mindless. Moving meditation, if you will. I follow the 5-6 meals a day, that's worked sooooo well for me for 4 months now. Though I do not eat completely "clean" according to the BFL bible. I work towards 1500-1700 calories a day, but I'm big into the complex carbs, lots of veggies, fruit, and protein with a fat of around 30%. Sunday is my "free" day, too. Though I find that if I pig out I feel like total poo the next day, so usually I'm pretty much OP on Sundays, too.

My Weekly Goals:

Do not skip my aerobic intervals (which should be cool now that they're modified).
Push the weights.
Drink my water every day.
Eat at LEAST 1500 calories a day (sometimes that's tough for me).

First Goal: Be in the 180s in two weeks.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Default Day is done, departs the sun ...

Woo-hoo, welcome MBFLer RavenToy. You are indeed most welcome to join in! Your plan is very similar to mine, although I hate fruits and veggies but am working on it!!!

Thanks for the congrats ... it's only a pound to some but to me (who has the metabolism of a sea cow, it's indeed BREAKTHROUGH TIME!!!) I do so agree on the 5-6 meals ... this is key for me and makes an amazing difference. I'm experimenting this week with NOT doing the planning as specified in the journal. It takes too long and confuses me and by the next day I don't want to eat what I wrote down anyway. That's another modification, I guess.

I'm abandoning the roster idea because it's all on the last thread, but we all KNOW who we are, campers!!!

My report: Did upper body at gym later than usual because I had to get a deadline story done. Was distracted by some irritating people who were talking about how painful weight lifting is. I don't find it painful and told them so and that I loved it and they told me I must not be working hard enough! Sheesh!

Have had all but one meal ... running an hour early on that but that's cool.

Over and out, brevity thy name is Amarantha!!! Woo-hoo!!! Yowzah!!! I'm gonna GIT FIT AND RUN A MARATHON!!! Wow, I'm good!!!

Old 05-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #14  

Welcome Raven to our small but mighty group

Terri, sounds like you did okay to me! Since when is lots of work around the house and yard work not exercise? It all counts...I spent 2 hours shopping at the mall on Saturday, and don't think that I did not count it towards my fitness goal Whipping out that MasterCard every five minutes is mighty tough

Did that aerobic thing today and stayed on target with other goals. Looking forward to weigh in Tuesday.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:06 PM   #15  
deleted2

Still struggling out of my sugar coma. Birthday cake can be deadly, so today in my effort to bring my body back to balance I'm sure I overate. Tomorrow I have a plan to eat really 'clean' and we're well stocked with the good stuff, so no excuses!

I braved the beast in the basement today! That is, the big monster weight machine that I've had for years and haven't used. Anyway, I don't know exactly what I'm doing, but I did it for 20 minutes! That, and 3 miles on the treadmill and a 30 min. bellydancing video.

Congrats on losing the pound, Amarantha!

Closed Thread