General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Do any of you use online meeting programs?

I've never set up a webinar and I have to do one by Thursday. I've set up conference calls but never anything that needed the computer involved.

I've contacted GoToMeeting. It seems pretty simple. Since it will be about 5 people, I don't have to use the more powerful GoToWebinar.

Any advice would be appreciated. It may go long because Dr. C is a former professor and can't turn off "teaching" mode at times. I don't know if that would have any bearing on it all.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

My company uses WebEx for instant messaging and online meetings, which looks like it has similar features to GoToMeeting. I'll describe my process and hopefully it will help.

You go to the site and enter meeting info. The system sends you (the host) an email with all the log in info which you can forward to participants. You can also enter email addresses when you set up the meeting and the system will send out the invites. If you're dealing with a global audience, be mindful of any time zone differences.

Our setup allows the meeting to run until the host kills the meeting.. not sure if that's a common feature or not.

Inside the meeting, you will have an interface that allows you to "give control" to anyone for desktop sharing, presentations, video, etc. There is also a window that shows attendees, and a window with a chat box. Probably other things, but those are the ones I use most.

Everyone will probably need to install some kind of software before the meeting starts, so if you can walk them thru it beforehand, I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Good luck!
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Thanks!

I must say, telephone conference calls sound a whole lot easier. At least we don't have to video conference in people in our office.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #4  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I haven't set up meetings on GoToMeeting but I've used one as a participant numerous times and it works really well. It will also keep going until the leader ends it.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote