General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default Etsy people, let me see your stuff!

Do you Etsy? If so, please share the link to your etsy page and show it off

I make things but don't currently have an etsy store. I'm considering it though.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I love Etsy! I used to have a store there, but closed it when I went back to school. In lieu of posting my empty store, I'll post my new favorite Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/onegarnetgirl I haven't bought anything yet, but I wouldn't mind one of everything

Browsing Etsy is dangerous - I've bought so much awesome pottery, handmade soap, art, jewelry, etc that I'm surprised I made any money while I sold there!
cheryl126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I've really considered doing this. I'm really into making things, and would love to do this as a hobby on the side. Is there any money in it at all...like, would I be losing money buying supplies and not getting it back from sales? Have any of you had luck with this?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #4  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I had an etsy store, and it nearly killed me, lol... Too many angry brides, and not enough time. I would literally get home from working all day and have 40+ convo's waiting for me... which is good, but if I didn't get back to people within a day or so, they would get naaasssttyyy.. And then I fell down some steps and I was out of comission for about 5 weeks, and while I got my orders out, I didn't reply to anything and had my shop on "vacation mode" and people lost it. Crazy! I closed. It was too much stress.

If you have the time, its NICE. I paid a $400+ car payment one month with just etsy made money. It was pretty sweet, but I didn't leave my house that month.

I LOVE ETSY, though. I bought all my wedding jewerly on there, all my bridesmaid presents.. Star Wars cuff links for my dad, OSU ones for my DH. It's pretty awesome place... Anytime I need a pair of earrings or something for a specific outfit, I get them there.

Last edited by kateleestar; 05-04-2011 at 09:18 AM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Kate...what did you have on Etsy?
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #6  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I don't have one, but I do have a favorite! http://www.etsy.com/shop/shirocosmetics for all your nerd makeup needs!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angie makes purses and has just started an Etsy shop: www.nonnizu.etsy.com
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #8  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i also don't have one of my own but i have bought so many things from this wonderful lady I want to show her off. I am always getting compliments on my necklaces from her.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Glamourkin
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Very nice shop, EZ, and the purses are beautiful. I love Angie's banner. Did she use a banner generator?

I've been planning an etsy shop for more than two years now. I had no idea it had been nearly that long, but hubby surprised me with a new digital camera (well new to me), and it inspired me to look up the old etsy thread here and I was shocked to see I'd been talking about this for more than two years now. I had no idea I had procrastinated this long.

I'm finally ready to open my store. I'm in the process of taking photographs and we still have to open a dedicated bank account. A couple years ago, we had a paypal problem when ebay was hacked, and over $1000 was temporarily stolen from our account. It was resolved quicky (our bank was quicker than ebay) and for several days our bank account was frozen, and for several weeks my paypal account was frozen.

At any rate, I should have the store completely up and running within two weeks, maybe sooner.

I'll post a few photos as a sneak peek.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #10  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Cool! Here is my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElegantEmbellishment

I recently made bridesmaid jewelry for a woman (five sets of earrings) and it was such a great feeling knowing that she liked my jewelry enough to use it in her wedding. It's just a fun little hobby for me. It's too much to keep up with daily, so I just keep my listings active and if people check me out, then that's cool!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #11  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I'm considering an Etsy shop for my knit and crochet items, drawings, and other stuff... I'm just absolutely terrified of it... Terrified that nothing I have will be wanted by people...

I might just end up making a bunch of stuff... putting a few things up... and seeing how it goes...I dunno...
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
....Very nice shop, EZ, and the purses are beautiful. I love Angie's banner. Did she use a banner generator?
Angie said thank-you Colleen and for the banner she said "sort of that and paintshop pro"....whatever that means
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Angie said thank-you Colleen and for the banner she said "sort of that and paintshop pro"....whatever that means
LOL, I get it. I actually have the Paintshop Pro software (or used to), so it makes sense to me.

Last edited by kaplods; 05-30-2011 at 09:00 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote