General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

Question Touch screen keyboard vs. Flip out keyboard?

I need a new phone but can't decide. My current phone (over 5 years old) is a full keyboard like blackberry has....... but I have AT&T and the options for good SMART phones with the flip out full keyboard are limited. My friends are really trying to talk me into the new iPhone 4 but when I went to AT&T to look at it I was having a lot of trouble using the touchscreen keyboard. They say I'll get use to it but I don't know... I get easily frustrated. I'm afraid I wont be happy if I get it home and hate it. BUT I also feel like if I get one of the limited selections of Android phones they offer with a flip out keyboard.... which actully is only 1 phone like that they offer... I'm always going to be bummed I didn't get the iPhone

Please give me your opinion on touchscreen keyboard vs. Flip out keyboard....... thanks
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

I had a blackberry for several years and went to an iphone this fall. It took me a little while to adjust to the new keyboard style, but I overall love my iphone. Because the phone pivots, you can have the keyboard be one of two sizes, depending on the phone's orientation, which can help a lot with figuring out the layout and comfort for your fingers. So I guess I'd vote for getting the iphone over a flip out keyboard.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #3  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

If you can afford it, get the iphone or Android. I don't know anyone who is unhappy with theirs. Yeah, there will be a little learning curve, but I think they will all be touch in the future so might as well go for it now.

I "settled" for a cheaper flip out keyboard phone and I honestly hate it now. I had a bad experience with an older model touch screen (I think it was the Krave) but the latest versions are pretty awesome.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #4  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I love my iPhone!!!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #5  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

my iPhone!!
It's like my right hand most days!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I absolutely adore my iphone, but I am not in love with the virtual keyboard. I suck it up because I like everything else about the phone.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 338/ticker/150ish

Height: 5' 6.5"

I used to have a phone that wasn't touchscreen and when I updated phones I went with one that was touchscreen. It does take a little getting used to, but I really love it.
cherokee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I have a blackberry w/ a keyboard (tho not flip-out) for work, and an iphone for personal use. When I first got an iphone, I highly preferred the blackberry keyboard. I only typed on the iphone when necessary, and a minimal amount at that. Over the years the balance has shifted and now I find typing on the bb a chore, probably because I'm using the iphone much more than the bb these days.

I love everything else about the iphone though. It just works.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #9  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

it took me a while to get used to it, but eventually i mostly did. still a few typos but not too bad. just keep in mind you gotta learn to type with your fingerpads and not your fingernails... this was terribly hard for my husband to get used to.

loving my android phone though. so many other cool things to do with it that the typing aspect just fades away as a mild inconvenience in comparison.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #10  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I have a BlackBerry and I always think the iPhone screen looks so dirty with all those fingermarks! But it can do a lot! I don't fancy a flip-out keyboard.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

The i-phone would be absolutely perfect IF it had voice to text, swipe, and a kickstand to stand upright. ( I think only a few select droid phones have this kickstand, but it looks pretty awesome )

The droid would be perfect if it didn't eat up battery life ( I think the 4G's do, I"ve read? ) and had the resolution screen of the i-phone.

*sighs* choices choices.

I have a blackberry currently, and I"m weighing my options on the next phone as to what to get. Pro's/Con's of each. At present time it's Iphone vs Thunderbolt.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 243

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks guys! I decided to go with the Blackberry Torch..... I hope I love it!
GeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #13  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Love my crackberry, not switching over to iphone anytime soon.
I probably will eventually but i have ipod touch, and it does everything the iphone does . . . so I can't justify giving up my BBM for it
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #14  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I just got an iphone yesterday from my blackberry and I have to say I love it. Theres auto correct for spelling and stuff so that makes things easier. I loved the BB keyboard and BBM but my touch screen phone has so much more to offer me and after a couple hours with it, texting and stuff is just as easy!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote