Old 05-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196

Height: 5' 1-1/2

Question I'm concerned about body odor & bad breath from Ketosis

Hi my name is Amanda, I'm just starting IP. I've been reading posts for days, getting myself mentally prepared. I'm excited to get started and scared at the same time. One of the things that is scaring me is the possibility or probability of getting body odor or bad breath. What are some of you doing when this happens? I'm particularly concerned about bad breath. I'd really appreciate any advise any of you can give me.
Glixigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

I dont think body odor is associated with the IP diet, but when you go into ketosis your breath can get funky. I found trident cinnamon gum that has no aspartame in it, so I limited myself to two pieces per day. Other wise just try and keep your distance while speaking to others!! Ive been on the diet for about seven weeks now, am still in ketosis, but I dont feel like my breath is bad., at least not like it was in the first week or so.
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Drinking tons of water helps with breath issues. You'll want to be drinking water all the time anyway.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196

Height: 5' 1-1/2

Thanks for answering. I've never been much of a water drinker, but I was wondering, if you drink herb tea does it count as water intake? I guess water is going to be my new best friend! I'm going to look for the Trident gum tomorrow.
Glixigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glixigirl View Post
Thanks for answering. I've never been much of a water drinker, but I was wondering, if you drink herb tea does it count as water intake? I guess water is going to be my new best friend! I'm going to look for the Trident gum tomorrow.
Yes, it does.

I was told not to have gum, that the act of chewing stimulates the pancreas.

Also, the bad breath you get from ketosis is only if you're eating fat. Since this diet is low-fat, you should be fine. I never had a problem with it.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

Lots and lots of water and Listerine strips and spray
Reenabeana is offline   Reply With Quote