Old 05-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239highest/233IP/cw219.8/gw150

Height: 5ft 2

Default What is different about IP,versus other protein foods out there?

I have been on IP almost 2wks (lost 6lbs my first WI which I was happy about but the lst 3 days I have been feeling hungry, aggitated, and wondering what is different about the IP that I could not get lets say from 2Atkins shakes a day, fruit and a sensible meal at dinner? I think I am starting to get tired of eating the same thing, yesterday went to a friends for dinner and I got so frustrated that there was nothing there I could really eat considering I had used my "meal on my own" for lunch, (did not know I wud be having dinner at their house) - then I could not even eat a lovely fruit platter they did especially for me (they did it thinking it was healthy versus desserts)

I guess I'm just having a frustrating moment and wonder about IP

Any thoughts?
thinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

The main difference is that it's waaaay overpriced.

You can follow the basic protocol with any protein supplement that is low in carbs and contains roughly 20g of protein per serving.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 239highest/233IP/cw219.8/gw150

Height: 5ft 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Thoughts? Remember you asked....
If you can't stick with ip for more than 2 weeks, there isn't a diet on the planet you will stick with.
I am not referring to actually sticking to the diet but more so what I meant was more of how is IP different from something else, for example I've compared the nutrition label on the RTD boxes and I have a natural whey protein at home that actually has 0 sugar, less carbs, similar calories, so basically I am wondering couldn't I use that as my shakes for ALOT less money, still eat the meal on the own like on IP, etc.... I know we can't have fruit and I'm okay with that, just trying to understand why is IP so different when there are products that seem to be healther and do the same thing???
thinmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinmint View Post
I am not referring to actually sticking to the diet but more so what I meant was more of how is IP different from something else, for example I've compared the nutrition label on the RTD boxes and I have a natural whey protein at home that actually has 0 sugar, less carbs, similar calories, so basically I am wondering couldn't I use that as my shakes for ALOT less money, still eat the meal on the own like on IP, etc.... I know we can't have fruit and I'm okay with that, just trying to understand why is IP so different when there are products that seem to be healther and do the same thing???
Read the alternative thread. There is not real difference. You can follow the IP priciples and not use IP products and save tons of money. I have been using alternative products for 3 weeks and weight loss has continued right on schedule with about 2-3 lbs per week. The clinic I started at was actually using alternative products but still charging IP prices. When I realized this I decided it was a racket let most of the "diet world". It might start out with a good priciple but then turns into a money making scheme. I am using the same products that my IP clinic was selling for triple the cost. I buy proti thin and proti diet products. The only benefit I see from staying at a clinic is the weekly accountablity the weigh ins give you. Good luck with whatever you decide.
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #5  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

There are a lot of people who successfully use alternative products (similar nutritional information like you are referring to). For me, I have not found anything similar in taste to the IP products except Pure Protein bars and I binge on those so I had to quit buying them. So for me, for the short term that I'm losing this weight, the cost is worth it. I love all my shakes and drinks and look forward to drinking them. My hubby drinks EAS protein after his work outs and the smell alone makes me gag. Good luck!
ash825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 231/204/190

Height: 6'

Im glad that I started this diet with a coach. I got a lot of good information, and had all my questions answered. However, my weight loss has slowed down some, which is alright, I mean two pounds a week is a great loss, but not to the tune of fifty dollars a pound. The alternatives are so much less money, and are, in my opinion better tasting. When I mentioned to my coach that I was going to alternatives, he just said, "If you can do it cheaper, do it"
FLAMINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbmr06 View Post
Thoughts? Remember you asked....
If you can't stick with ip for more than 2 weeks, there isn't a diet on the planet you will stick with.
wow.... really? rude much?
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy09 View Post
wow.... really? rude much?
Not to mention completely untrue.

You do not have to be able to stick to any plan for 2 weeks straight, nor do you have to pass any other test of weight loss aptitude in order to succeed at weight loss. I spent most of my life failing at weight loss because I believed sanctimonious crap like this, and when I couldn't stick to a plan perfectly, I would believe (because people I respected told me so) that this meant I could not stick to any plan and therefore I was doomed to fail at weight loss and might as well give up.

There is no pass/fail test for successful weight loss. Not being able to stick to a specific plan can be an obstacle, but it's only that. I've lost every one of my 90 lbs breaking most of the taken-for-granted rules of weight loss, especially those about "sticking to" a plan. I don't think I've had a single perfectly on-plan week. Sure it slows weight loss having to constantly fight imperfection, but perfectionist beliefs are a much bigger deterent.

If you can't diet perfectly on-plan, then diet half-a**ed. If you cant give it 100%, give it what you do have whether it's 98% or 2%. If you always do the best you can (even if your best sucks) you will make progress as long as it's better than what you have been giving.

Controversial advice? You betcha, it's the opposite of what you've always been told (that you have to be perfectly on plan - or at least be able to string together long stretches of perfection, to lose weight), but that b.s. Being imperfect works, it works a lot better than the traditional way of dieting (be perfect until you can't, then berate yourself for the failing loser you are and and then eat everything in sight until you gain all the weight back before trying to be perfect once again).

Food plans/diets are weight loss tools, they're not magic. Neither failure nor success is so easily determined that it can be predicted in one sentence.

Last edited by kaplods; 05-30-2011 at 04:17 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Kaplods, I liked it better with all the cussing. Haha.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192.2/170/150

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Not to mention completely untrue.

You do not have to be able to stick to any plan for 2 weeks straight, nor do you have to pass any other test of weight loss aptitude in order to succeed at weight loss. I spent most of my life failing at weight loss because I believed sanctimonious crap like this, and when I couldn't stick to a plan perfectly, I would believe (because people I respected told me so) that this meant I could not stick to any plan and therefore I was doomed to fail at weight loss and might as well give up.

There is no pass/fail test for successful weight loss. Not being able to stick to a specific plan can be an obstacle, but it's only that. I've lost every one of my 90 lbs breaking most of the taken-for-granted rules of weight loss, especially those about "sticking to" a plan. I don't think I've had a single perfectly on-plan week. Sure it slows weight loss having to constantly fight imperfection, but perfectionist beliefs are a much bigger deterent.

If you can't diet perfectly on-plan, then diet half-a**ed. If you cant give it 100%, give it what you do have whether it's 98% or 2%. If you always do the best you can (even if your best sucks) you will make progress as long as it's better than what you have been giving.

Controversial advice? You betcha, it's the opposite of what you've always been told (that you have to be perfectly on plan - or at least be able to string together long stretches of perfection, to lose weight), but that b.s. Being imperfect works, it works a lot better than the traditional way of dieting (be perfect until you can't, then berate yourself for the failing loser you are and and then eat everything in sight until you gain all the weight back before trying to be perfect once again).

Food plans/diets are weight loss tools, they're not magic. Neither failure nor success is so easily determined that it can be predicted in one sentence.
AMEN!!!!
angelonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote