Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 05-29-2011, 07:28 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Lifting again after a short break

Quick question... I've been sick this whole week so I haven't been lifting at all. I'll probably still take off a couple of days because I feel pretty crappy but I'm wondering when I do start lifting again, what percentage of what I was lifting before should I start at? Obviously, I should do what I'm comfortable with but it would be nice to have some sort of starting point so I'm not experimenting the entire time.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #2  

If you've only taken a week off, and I'm assuming you've been lifting for more than a few months, you should be ok at the weight you were lifting. You might feel weaker and maybe do less reps. You might feel more sore the next day, but as long as you know your limits - what it feels like when you're over doing it - you should be fine.

I hope you feel better soon.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #3  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
If you've only taken a week off, and I'm assuming you've been lifting for more than a few months, you should be ok at the weight you were lifting. You might feel weaker and maybe do less reps. You might feel more sore the next day, but as long as you know your limits - what it feels like when you're over doing it - you should be fine.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, yep, it'll be just a couple days over a week once I start up again and I've been working out seriously since, well, last summer. I've only done heavy lifting since march but before that I was doing other weight exercises (water aerobics with weights/30 Day shred with weights etc). I like the idea of just doing as many reps as I'm able. That would take a lot of the guess work out of it.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I like the idea of just doing as many reps as I'm able. That would take a lot of the guess work out of it.
Yeah, but, if you can't do 8 reps, lower the weight. It's not a bad idea to purposely do less weight and more reps, either. You'll still be sore = you'll still get a good lift in.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #5  
June

Thanks for the help. I ended up waiting 10 days because my body ended up taking for ever to get over this. Anyways, I was able to do the workout just as before and actually probably could've gone up in weights. I even ran a mile afterwards. Oh, and now I've lost an inch off of my waist.