Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #1  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default IP Weekend Chat - May 27-29

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- Introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
IP = Ideal Protein
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = On program

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...aily-chat.html

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-27-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning fellow "I'm sticking to IP all day without cheat" friends.
Enjoy this beautiful weather. Pray and help those who have had horrible weather and flooding.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

I'm doing good, down approx 40lbs now in 8 weeks and feel great. Over half way there and still determined and motivated. Keeping the exercise up too and feel more energetic.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
I'm doing good, down approx 40lbs now in 8 weeks and feel great. Over half way there and still determined and motivated. Keeping the exercise up too and feel more energetic.
Good for you! You'll be smoking in no time!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Enjoy this beautiful weather. Pray and help those who have had horrible weather and flooding.
You're doing amazing...excellent job...Have a great weekend...
Old 05-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlad View Post
Wow we want a picture...thats great...
:c b:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Life has finally settled down a little for me. I was traveling Mon-Wed, then yesterday was crazy mad. Today is a daycare training day (forced vacation day), so my 3.5 yr old and I are hanging out together and it should be a lovely, lazy day. I take nothing for granted these days... I am sitting with my coffee, he has my iPad *he thinks it's his*, and we are enjoying each other's company.

I plan on getting a haircut Saturday, and am a little torn about what to do with my hair. I want to grow it out a little, but I also want some additional layers so that it feels less "flat", especially when I go to the trouble of styling it. I have really fine hair, so I can't grow it too long... But, here's the thing. Since losing weight, I want to clip it up more. With summer a few days away, I think I will want to do this much more often. I'm worried that I will be annoyed if the layers prevent me from wearing it up because my hair falls out of the clip. Oh well... I will discuss with hairstylist tomorrow. Just venting about the petty thing in my head right now.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I'm still catching up on posts, but here are some responses to yesterday's thread for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMarie View Post
GOOD MORNING to everyone on this site...

I just wanted to share that I made it to ONE-derland this morning and I am so thrilled!
The scale this morning read 199.6 (I weight at home as I have no coach) My official WI is on MONDAY, so I'm hoping for a smaller number by then. I hope never to see 200 again EVER!!!
I think I might just dance the day away!
Hope everyone has a safe and successful day!
Congratulations. What a great feeling. I do hope that you are planning something nice (non-food) to celebrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorae View Post
Has anybody else noticed that they are cold after dropping the lbs and being on the diet? I can't seem to get warm?

Last question: has anybody done the diet while pregnant? I am not expecting, but I was just wondering what everyone else's thoughts were.
I agree with everyone's comments re: cold and pregnant. This is definitely not a balanced diet (read Dr. Tran's book), and therefore should absolutely not be considered for anyone who is pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab McButterson View Post
Morning Everyone!!

Spent the past 2 days out of town for a funeral....it was very difficult to stay OP but I did it even at the reception afterwards. I wanted a glass of wine so badly just to relax so instead I went outside for some fresh air and a short walk. Wasn't the same but it worked in the way that I didn't cheat Have a great day everyone!!
I am very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly. Congratulations for staying OP under stress. Celebrate the victory that you were able to go for a walk and deal with the stress without cheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
I was cold too! Really cold for the past few weeks. However, now that my body has adjusted or the fact that it's already 80 degrees out (I watered my garden on the way to work and was dripping with sweat), I am no longer cold. I was kind of hoping the side effect would last, with the swampy DC summers. Oh well! Enjoy it while it lasts for you!

Pxlkitty - You look fantastic! I love your new profile picture! Wowie! Sorry you were stuck on the Acela train, but at least you weren't stuck on 95 or the beltway, sitting in your car. Good job eating on plan too!
Thanks for the kind compliment. I too live in the DC area, and have enjoyed the thought of being "cold" - aka not dying in the heat of the summer. I guess we can both test that theory over the weekend here. I get milk delivered to my house, and they leave it in a cooler on my back deck. I haven't had to worry about putting ice in it since last summer, and I can normally get away with retrieving it after dinner. Well, I woke up this morning with a panic, realizing that we hadn't yet gotten the milk out of the cooler (it was delivered yesterday afternoon). I sure hope we didn't ruin it. It was still slightly "cold" to the touch this morning, but I fear the worst. Oh well... Live and learn. And set some additional calendar reminders next week!

Have a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Wanted to share something cool that I found:
http://www.foodinjars.com/2011/05/br...alf-pint-jars/

You can bake breakfast eggs ahead of time with veggies! I'm going to try it. I love having omelets in the morning but don't always have the clarity of thought or time to make them. That recipe would be easy to make IP compliant, leave out cheese, add IP veggies, good to go!
This looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I think of the cold thing as being attributable to 2 things - first, you're losing your fat insulation and so that is going to make you colder. Also, I learned in my anatomy class that every cell in our body is no more than 3 cells away from a blood supply. So, we have lots of veins, arteries & capillaries of blood running through our fat. As the fat goes away, there is still that blood supply, so those vessels are getting closer to the surface and being "cooled off" by the outside temperatures.
You are always so full of wisdom. Thank you for sharing. Also, I love, love, love your new avatar picture. What an amazing before/after shot. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished!
Old 05-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #8  

Last night I did the hottie body class...wow my body is saying to me today...
are you serious I'm staying in bed...but time to get up and motivated...

My clinic has gotten push back for the Grand Opening a week..Contractor
problems..so I've got to contact everyone today and let them know..Its so upsetting..I'm as ready as they are...So official opening will be June 8th...Wed...
I'll be dancing like my little carrot friend

Everyone have a great weekend..remember stay on program tuesday you will be glad you did..and be inventive..have the turnip fries..yummy one of my favorites..or make the most beautiful salad you can ...be creative with the foods you eat and it can be soooo fun...also have some decaf raspberry tea it makes your tounge happy...plus move that body....

:wo ops:
Old 05-27-2011, 08:24 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
Good morning to you too. Thanks for the reminder regarding all those affected by the weather and flooding. With the US media, it's easy to think about "today's story" and forgot about all of those dealing with yesterday/last week.

Here's to a great OP weekend! And don't forget to plan some wild monkey sex! ( I was so relieved that I was working from home when I read your post about this.. It would have been an embarrassing in-office moment had my coworkers been around to hear me laughing )

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 05-27-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #10  
Started IP April 26, 2011

S/C/G: 263/213/150

Height: 5'4

Morning!! Well last night was a my first test of cheating. My daughter who is 8 years old is in Girl Guides well she's in a level below so it's called Brownies (first hint..lol). Well it was their advancement party last night. It's kinda like a graduation. She will become a girl guide next year for the next four years. It was a tea and desert theme. So of course in the end, they invited everybody for desert, coffee, tea and juice. All parents had to bring in a desert. There was no way I was gonna start baking yesterday so I just went to the grocery store and bought a mixture of everything. When I got home I opened the container and smelled all the chocolate. I was tempted but thought to myself no way, I've come a long way already and don't want to ruin it. But then when my DD and DH sat beside me at the celebration with 2 plates full of desert, let me tell you I was NOT impressed with them. I know it's not their fault. But in a way I was mad. My DH saw that I wasn't happy and turned away from me to eat quickly. DD had a plate full, probably like 8-10 little deserts. I told DH as if you let her have that much. He was like well it's your night. Yeah but it's now 8pm and she'll be bouncing off the walls in no time. WHATEVER I said! I told him he didn't have to turn away as everybody around me was eating the desert. So let's just say this was the first time I was tempted but I'm so proud of myself for not having any. I brought myself and bottle of water and had that. And when I got home I had my last packet with a few veggies. And I was satisfied. Proud of myself.

Judogirl: How do you make the turnip fries?

And another question! My coach told me that we're not allowed to eat after 8pm. Is that true and why? I return to work after being off for a year on maternity leave at the end of June. I work shift work, nights, days and weekends. When working nights, I will be eating at night and obviously sleeping during the day. I'm just wondering how this will all work out. Does anybody have answers or have gone through this yet?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Friday everyone!

Tomorrow, I am going to be seriously tested! My daughter has and end-of-year party at her daycare and all families are invited. She is very excited about it. It includes a pot luck lunch and we are all asked to bring something, then there are horse-and-carriage rides and a magic show. I am sure it is going to be fun! I have to figure out what I will do about lunch - maybe bring my own little lunch bag and hopefully it won't appear rude! Maybe I can explain that I have food allergies or something (but only if anyone says anything). One of the Administrators loves to sit and have a beer with me at such get-togethers... I'll have to tell him that I'm taking allergy medication or something to get out of it because if I say it's a diet, I know that he'll insist.

By the way, this reminds that I also haven't need ANY allergy medication since being on IP (I usually have really bad allergies around the month April)! Another benefit for me!

Anyays, I need to plan! plan! plan! Phase I would actually be easier for tomorrow because I could just have a bar and see if anyone brings veggies (or I could bring a salad and/or veggies as my potluck meal). I might still do that and just have a phase I day even though I am actually on phase II - could that be a problem?

Have a great OP weekend everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-27-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #12  
Vanessa

Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #13  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahecasmart View Post
Well, I did my first "official" weigh-in today. I'm doing IP with some alternative products. I "kinda" did it for about 4 days before "formally" starting last Friday. It's been a tough week, particularly with the long weekend thrown in, but I did it! And the results prove it.. I'm down 6.5 pounds!

DH started on Tuesday, and it is so much easier for me now that he and I are eating the same things and having his support is priceless.

Ladies, can I ask you to send out some prayers, or whatever good vibes you believe in? I work at a High School in Ottawa, and there was a terrible accident at one of our sister schools yesterday. An 18-year old student was working on a project in shop class when an oil tank exploded. He had no vital signs at the scene, was resucitated, and then passed away last night. The teacher, as well as a few other students were treated for non-life-threatening injuries. As you can imagine, it's been a devastating blow to the school and the community.
I'm so sorry!! I heard a bit about it on the news. My prayers are definitely with you and your school community.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/189/140

Height: 5'6"

2lbs from ONEDERLAND! So close and just the motivation I need to be good this weekend as we are having a family wedding. Both kiddo's are part of the wedding! My plan is to be the Designated Driver...I am sure the family will think I am pregnant if I am not drinking...lol. Won't they be surprised in 9 months when I am a skinny chick instead of a giving birth!! Hope you all have a great weekend...need to go and roast my veggies and get prepared for the next couple of days with my IP!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/170/170

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and your community.
Closed Thread