Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.9/213.7/160

Height: 5.6 1/2

Default IP stomach aches

I am starting my 4th wk on ideal protein and after I have one of the protein packs I am getting very bad stomach aches I am drinking a ton of water and I have loss 17lbs and I wouldnt want to stop I am taking the enzymes and no relief any suggetions thanks:?
chilijonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilijonesy View Post
I am starting my 4th wk on ideal protein and after I have one of the protein packs I am getting very bad stomach aches I am drinking a ton of water and I have loss 17lbs and I wouldnt want to stop I am taking the enzymes and no relief any suggetions thanks:?
There could be a few reasons, and I know I don't know all fo them. I can think of 2 off the top of my head:

1) Are you going to the bathroom regularly? You should be going at least once a day. I know that constipation can be a problem for some on IP (while diarrhea is a problem for others). If you've got "the big C," you may be bloated and have stomach aches because of that.

2) You say that it's after you've had a protein packet, which makes me wonder if you have an allergy to one or more of the ingredients. Some of these products have gluten in them, for example. If you have an allergy or intolerance to gluten, that can cause stomach pain/problems.

I'm hoping someone will add to this to help you out. Showgirlaz, for one, is full of great wisdom and information. Maybe if you look through her past posts, she may have answered this question with someone else before. By the way: Showgirlaz isn't the only one with a wealth of knowledge, so definitely look around the FAQ, etc. in the Stickies to see if anyone else has also shared their expertise.
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Is it pain, or nausea? If it's nausea, you're not having enough vegetables.

Talk to your coach, but that's what it was for me. Your body needs more carbs than it's currently getting, and you get carbs from veggies. Increase your veggie intake, and they should go away.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/192/165

Height: 5"11

I have stomach pains as well - sort of nausea feeling. It's only in the morning and sortly after my potass. pill. I've tried to take my pill with my morning protein but it doesn't help. any suggestions? (I'm starting week 2)
Photographermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #5  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Wait till lunch and take it when you have more food in your stomach..not just a little protein. It may help!
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #6  

hmmm... how about a little Brocolli Rabe? If this is the big "C"... this is sure to help...
M
MARIAV75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographermom View Post
I have stomach pains as well - sort of nausea feeling. It's only in the morning and sortly after my potass. pill. I've tried to take my pill with my morning protein but it doesn't help. any suggestions? (I'm starting week 2)
One cause of nausea in the morning after starting IP is if you're not accustomed to eating breakfast. IP forces you to eat breakfast, and if your body isn't used to it, you might feel a bit sick to your stomach. It goes away eventually. Hopefully that's what it is, and not the potassium!
Treena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographermom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Wait till lunch and take it when you have more food in your stomach..not just a little protein. It may help!
I also have to take my "morning" vitamins at lunch. One of them was making me nauseous, and I think it was the potassium, also. Problem solved if I eat lunch, then take them all within a few minutes of eating. I've never taken vitamins regularly, so this is a huge issue for me.
katiebeth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/192/165

Height: 5"11

thanks for the info!
Photographermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #10  
Start date: 5/17/12

S/C/G: 188/172/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Stomach aches

I too seem to be having stomach aches. It's not the big C as I have had plenty of bowel movements. It seems right after I eat my stomach starts gurgling and aching. Feels somewhat bloated and full. But also feels like strong gnawing hunger pain. I am full from my meals so it's not hunger. And doesn't matter how much or how little I eat I'm afraid I am sensitive to the proteins and don't want to have to stop diet

Any ideas? Day 6 of diet, day 4 of stomach aches.

8lbs weight loss so far.
star2nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

After about week 3-4 I started getting really nauseous at night after dinner. My coach said it just happens and to have a extra packet. That didn't seem to help much. Someone on here suggested the Mag-Cal vitamins could be causing it, that they are too strong. So instead of taking 2 at breakfast and 2 at dinner, I take one at every meal/snack and spread them out. This has totally fixed the problem for me and I haven't felt sick in a couple months!

If you have that queezy feeling give that a try! Good luck!
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

When I first started I had to have a snack before I went to bed because if I didn't I would feel so sick in the morning.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #13  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I've never felt any "reactions" to the packets - but there have been several threads regarding some people having allergic reactions to IP packet ingredients. If you post on the daily chat I'm sure Wuv will respond - she has the ingredient list for several products and checks that thread more than others.

Also even before IP, I always had to take my vitamins with a 'substantial' amount of food or else I would feel sick. One of my coworkers used to actually vomit up his multivitamin if he took it on an empty stomach. I also have the same 'sick' feeling if I drink green or white tea on an empty stomach.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #14  
Getting healthy

S/C/G: 254/228/130

Height: 5'

I too am getting severe stomach pains...not all the time though. They are not nausea it's actual pains that take my breath away.
love2travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

I would look to see if there is a correlation with the vitamins. Just about all vitamins (including the IP vitamins) make me horribly nauseous unless I take them on a totally full stomach ... as in take the vitamins following the last bite of food. If I wait even a half hour after I eat I get terrible heartburn and nausea.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote