Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #24

Good morning gals. I have put off cleaning the upstairs bathrooms and now the weather is going back to being hot again so I am going to zip up there after I am done here and get them cleaned before Jack gets home. I need to go to WM and get my contacts and find that yarn and go to the store today too, but if all else fails I will do it tomorrow.

Tonight is the finally night for all this!!!! Jack texted me last night and said the official word was out Friday night is it. He and I are thrilled. I think he realized working nights is not for him anymore as he is too old for it. He even pretty much said that to me and 12 hour shifts and no time off isn't easy for someone his age either. That should be left to the young!

I worked a pattern on the leg of this sock about 12 rows, enough to see what I thought then ripped it out. With the coloring of the sock, you couldn't see it very well anyway and it goofed the way the coloring of the sock was supposed to be so frog it I did. I have enough to keep me busy to the end of the year, that's for sure. I can sit and knit at the pool when we go to Branson in Sept. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and the outdoor pool has drink service and food service so I can lather on the sunscreen and enjoy some sun and knit or read. That I am looking forward to. We haven't planned but a couple day activities and left the rest of the weekdays open to do as we wish. We have a lunch cruise on a paddleboat down the lake one day and an afternoon show on another because we couldn't get a night show squeezed in and that is it. There is a wonderful open mall across the street from the hotel so it will be nice to get some exercise there and maybe do some shopping as well.

Gail: Hope nothing to serious with your computer. They are like children, so booboo or other is always happening to them. Hope too see you soon back in here with more gab.

Susan: I do have AARP and have since I was 50. I use the discount for hotels a lot if I can, but there are still a lot of hotels who require you be 62. Jack turns 62 in Oct so I told him he is my ticket to cheaper hotel prices soon! I will have to check into the vision discounts because I would love to be able to stay in bifocal contacts. I found it amusing that both the tech and the eye doctor were amazed at how healthy my eyes were and that I have exceptional eye pressure. I told them I do my eye exercises with little tiny barbells. They both just laughed. I hope you have a lovely day for your church picnic on Sunday. We are expecting rain again for a few days here too.

Jean: Glad things are drying out. Guess it gave you an opportunity to do your famous "pitching." I would have thought in all the years I have known you now, you would have pitched your whole house out and left nothing there. Ernie and Bob are safe from the pitch though I imagine! Did you notice prices going on for your vacation next year? We were pricing our cruise and boy oh boy, you aren't getting much of a deal anymore. You can still get good deals going crappy places but who wants to go crappy places?

Maggie: Your salad/dessert thing sounds nice, but since Jack won't eat anything in it, it would go to waste at our house. Allrecipes.com has some great jalapeno jelly recipes you might like. Again, I don't make stuff like that because I am the only one that would eat it. Fortune was quieter last night that goodness so I got some sleep. I still had to get up with him twice, which I don't mind if he has to go, but the second time he just went out back and wandered around, I imagine looking for Jack since it was around 5 am.

Well I see it is 6:30 so I bet hop to it. I have downstairs chores done and will be glad when I can start making the bed. When you have bed hoppers like we have been it is stupid to even do it. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend. I am going to shampoo the dining room and den this weekend sometime and will probably do that early in the mornings before it gets hot. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is currently 67 and cloudy here in the Heartland. Wow did we have the thunder and lightening show last night and a gulley washer of rain. Ragg Mopp has always been afraid of storms but Beanie went outside and stood on the covered patio with his head out in the rain. Such two different personalities in those dogs. A friend from here is visiting somewhere in CO and called Will to say that he went into a glass shop there and was bragging about my glass houses. The gal there wanted to know how to get in touch with me so he gave her a phone number. Be interesting to know what she wants ~ probably to sell me some glass. We shall wait and see if she does even call. Schwan man came today and we even had some more discounts to reap so we are happy campers. I am glad they are in competition for the dollar for it benefits us. I think today for dinner we will be having grilled steak, baby bakers and tossed green salad with purple onion, cubed tomatoes and cucumbers in it. Sounds good doesn't it.

DONNA FAYE Thank you for starting a new thread. I am so happy for you! Jack and you will soon be back in your nice familiar routine. Makes it easier on both of you and your little one. It is nice that you have your vacation all planned out like that. Sounds like a good relaxing time to me. I can just see you now in my minds eye ~ sittin' and knittin' by the pool. Stop the world and let me off. Just relaxing. We belong to AMAC because they don't support all that whackey stuff which AARP does. Isn't it grand that we have choices. Choices are good. Something for everyone that way. Life is good.

Hello other Magnolias. Hope you are all fine this day.

Off to see what I can get into. Probably re-arrange my freezer again. Seems I do that every time we have a visit from Schwans. I have it arranged with like foods together that way I am not standing with the door open for long periods. Veggies in one area, meat in another, fruit in another, etc. and the beat goes on.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-20-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  

Good morning, ladies! The rain seems to have ended, at least the sun is out. It's 70 degrees.

I went to my water aerobics class this morning, did the treadmill and elipitical and that was it for the Y. This afternoon is for quilting.

Faye, doing the happy dance for you and Jack. You always plan such nice vacations. You missed your calling!

I'm feeling rather wierd this week because my weight is still going down. I've added 10 DPs already. I do want to lose more, but I am supposed to maintain for 6 weeks withing 2 pounds of my goal weight.

Have a great day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #4  

I am sitting here "cookin" with dye on my head and can't do anything until it is finished so thought I would just peek in and talk abit. I felt better today than I have in awhile, certainly since this nuttiness started. I did get more sleep last night though and nothing better than sleep. He got my up twice, but once wasn't until 5 am so that was ok.

I went out, got an egg mcmuffin and a diet coke, picked up my contacts, did some grocery shopping, found some nice soft nightgowns for $12 so got a couple of those, and then came back home and unloaded it all and put it away. I put a couple rolls on to rise for dinner. We are having boneless loin pk chops, some hash brown potatoes, roast asparagus and a roll. For dessert if Jack want he can have an ice cream treat. He is now down 15 lbs so he is keeping up with me. He will more than likely be at goal when we go on vacation so like he said his 36 in waist jeans will all fit him again. He said he will only need new shoes and those cost us $100 because he only wears New Balance and has for years and years. I remember the first pair we bought him I think I paid $40 for them and now they are around $100. He does use the old ones as he wears the old ones to work so recycles them out as the new ones get old, he puts them back to wear to work and then has his new pair.

Maggie: I don't agree with a lot of the politcal stuff with AARP, but I have my life insurance through them and like Susan use them for a couple other things, so I keep it up to date. Fortune only reacts once in awhile to the thunder, most of the time he acts like it is no big deal. He doesn't like rain though, that's for sure so you sure wouldn't see him sticking his head out in the rain off the porch.

Susan: It is great how much you have lost overall, but in the last year getting to your goal. You had a goal of WW 155 and yours as 150 so the fact you are below that is wonderful. I am hoping that I finally have a handle on things. We just have to keep on track. For an obese woman, I don't overeat, when I am gaining it is because I eat high fat crap, I don't get enough exercise now, and my hormones are all over the place. I am amazed more people don't realize how much sugar drives their hunger though. I know that was something I clued into big time. Cut out the sugar and you cut out feeling hungry all the time.

Well gals, I am about done so will get out of here. Kelly forgot to tell me and just emailed me this morning that Thomas's summer piano recital is tomorrow morning at 10 am! Jack is going to be one tired puppy to go, but I know he will go and probably sleep during most of it! Faye
Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #5  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's another windy gloomy day in my corner of the world. We got up to rain but it stopped midmorning. I did my church office duty this morning; it was quiet except for a couple phone calls and a guy begging money for gas. I called the senior pastor and he met the guy at Casey's to put gas in the car. We never give money. Bob went back up to the lake in hopes of finding where the water is coming in through the cabin roof. He thought he had it fixed until he went up yesterday. I felt sorry for him because he and Jason had put in new ceiling sheet rock and painted it.

"Gma" -- Thank you for the new thread today! I imagine it is a toss up as to which of you three is happier that Jack will be back on his regular work schedule. I don't think anyone could be mentally 100% working a 12 hour shift but what do I know. I'm sorry you didn't like your sock turning out the way it did. Our Maui room rent is "free" because we are owners and pay a yearly maintenance fee which, by the way, did go up this year. It really isn't free at all considering what we paid when we bought into the program. I just had to at your bed hopper comment. It sounds like you are one of Susan's Ladies of the Night!

Maggie -- I don't think the Schwans man came this morning either. If he did he didn't leave any evidence. I had to at you rearranging your freezer again. With my freezer on the bottom of my fridge I try to organize but like things don't always fit together so the drawers will slide shut. My other freezer is on top and easier to organize.

Susan -- You are so dedicated to your exercise! Good for you! Are you doing anything differently to keep losing weight? I didn't know that you had to stay within the 2# limit, for 6 weeks, when you reached goal. Is that for everyone or just WW employees?

Gail -- What are you up to today? I hope you get your computer back soon!

I need to sort some laundry and do a load or two. We are going to Sioux Falls tomorrow to celebrate Zowie's 6th birthday. Have a GREAT rest of the day and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #6  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD LATE AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

I am back taking a break. I did something I have been putting off too long. Looking up charms on my favorite silver charm site that I have bought lots from in the past. Anyway one of the little gals that has moved away to a land far away called PA. I did tell her and her sis that I would continue to buy them charms for their birthdays and the smallest of the two is having one in June. I found several I know they will like and have saved that information for I may get them ahead of time so I will not be rushed at the last minute. I found several that I want to get for my bracelet and will surely find room for them. One of them is an absolute "must have" for it really fits me to a T. It looks like a license plate and the message on it is 2-BZ-2P and that is surely me. I have to end up setting the timer so when I get involved with my whatever I am into it will remind me to take a break. Will is going to crack up when I show him the picture of it for he knows how I am. The other ones I want are a frying pan, log cabin, and a travel trailer. Surely I can make room for the four of them on my bracelet. Life is good.

DONNA FAYE It is time for me to dye my hair again and I am waiting till this evening to do it. Guess I will stick to my favorite red since my hair has only turned gray on the front edges and not on top or the back. So red it will be. I think a lot of us gained our weight with just eating food prepared the good old way and not paying attention to the particulars. Now we are more educated and eat better.

JEAN Our freezer opens like a fridge and is easy to see what is in it but I like it organized. Plus there is a bin at the bottom which catches what ever won't fit on the shelves that I need to constantly be at to move things up when there is an opening. Do you have your Schwan mans phone number? If you don't ask for it so you can call him if he forgets you. If you order on line he is sure to stop. Sometimes when we forget to get something Will gives our guy a call and he stops back when in the area and calls to make sure we are home then. When we lived far out in the country we gave our driver a key and he put the stuff in our freezer for us. They are bonded so they can do that.

SUSAN What can they do to you at WW if you do lose down to where you really want to be now instead of later after the 6 week is past. Your goal weight must be set at a lower number than WW has you ~ is that how it is? Like I have mine set with WW at 150 but my real personal one is 144 because that is a gross and I will no longer be grossly overweight but at a gross weight.

Type at y'all later ~

It is raining again ~ yep loud on the roof. We need it for our gardent to grow. It sure perked it up from yesterdays rain.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-20-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #7  

Good evening, ladies. It rained again and we to have storms tonight. And I was so sure it was over.

The +/- 2 pounds is for maintenance. You cannot achieve lifetime until you have spent 6 weeks in that range. (Since I'm already lifetime, that doesn't apply to me.) After that, if you are consistently more than 2# below they will tell you to change your goal weight. I really want to be 140 but I'll change it again when I'm closer to 145. I originally had a goal of 155 when I was 5'6" tall but now I'm 5'3" and can't use that anymore. I can see I still have a ways to go when I look in the mirror. When you work for WW, you have the same +/- 2" as regular members and you weigh in before you work each day. It only counts once a month at the district meeting however. My training is next week and then June 4 will be my first working with another receptionist. I do that 2 meetings and then I'll be on my own. I'm going to do all the Saturday meetings (4) and I'll fill in if someone's sick or on vacation and I have the time.

Maggie, those charms sound so cute.

I'm going to watch some Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this evening.

Faye, part 2 comes out July 15.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #8  

Good morning gals. A quick peek in as I have to get upstairs and shower and dress as T's piano recital is this morning at 10. I told Jack he will probably sleep through everything but his grandson's and I promise to nudge him if he starts to snore!

We had a thunderstorm last night, but it is nice and cool this morning. It isn't supposed to stay that way though. I wouldn't mind the heat, but the humidity is just so awful here.

Maggie: I have long wanted a charm bracelet so maybe that is one thing I will buy myself at goal, who knows? I love the Pandora bracelets, but they can really be expensive, besides half the fun is picking out charms suited to you. I do have a charm bracelet bought for me by my mother when I was a young teen and could just extend that, I don't know. I tend to wait to long a lot of times myself when I am knitting so join the club. Unfortunately, at our age, it doesn't want to stay inside as well as it did when we were young!

Susan: Have you seen the trailers for the last part? Jack and I are going to pay the extra and go see it in 3D we have decided. I am excited to see Voldemort get his just desserts. Been an exciting series of movies and books that is for sure. I have never reread books but I have probably read these over 20 times each. They are just interesting. Fun to see how the kids have grown up from youngsters into adults now. Emma is a college gal and model, Daniel is always working in something or the other and doing broadway now I think and Rupert does his own thing. These kids wouldn't have to work another day in their life if they didn't want to they have so much money so it's nice to see them want to do something with their lives.

Jean: Can't believe Zowie is 6 already. I knew you had a time share condo or whatever, I just wondered if your airline stuff had gone way up. I can't believe how much tickets have zoomed up to go to Vegas. I think our next trip out there will be by car.

Well gals, I have to run. I need to get shower before Jack gets home so he has it all to himself. Have a wonderful Saturday. Faye (for those of you who belong to my facebook page, I posted a video of Thomas playing if you would like to see it. Maggie, I can email it to you if you would like.)

Last edited by gma22; 05-21-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #9  

Good Evening, Flowers! I am seriously thinking about heading off to bed! We got up to rain and wind; the sun came out as we were driving up to Sioux Falls. The birthday party was as much of a success as it could be with 4 grandparents, 2 parents, and 2 children. Beth and family had a wedding to go to so couldn't come. Five plus hours is a long drive for a few hours of togetherness. Hah! We could have gone to a graduation reception tonight, for a kid I don't like, but decided to pass. I did send him a card and money so I'm sure he could care less if we showed up or not.

Maggie -- You have so much fun looking for new charms! You might have to start a second bracelet if you run out of room. No, I don't have the Schwans man's phone #. He only comes every 2 weeks while another salesman comes on alternate weeks.

Susan -- Do you think the WW training will be much different this time than when you were a leader? I assume that being a leader one would also have to know how to do the receptionist's job.

"Gma" -- I haven't really priced airfare tickets. If it were just Bob and I, we could fly any time and could get some really cheap tickets. The other couple are both still working so they are locked into certain vacation dates. I will have to check T's video.

The lights are flickering so I'm going to turn off the computer. We are in a storm watch until early morning. I'm heading off to bed! It's been a long day!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 05-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #10  

Good morning all. We are getting thunderstorms this morning, like we need more rain and it is very humid and going to be near 90 today. I am doing morning chores, washing sheets and then vegging for the rest of the day to get to know my husband again. I feel like we haven't spoken 2 words in forever. He did quite well yesterday at the recital, only dozed off twice. I told him we could sit in back and leave after Thomas played, we don't ever do that, but he hasn't been up for 24 hours either, but he said no it wasn't fair to the kids. Bet he wished he had when the last 4 played. They were older, high school maybe even college and played concertos and such which were long. One guy game out and spread out 4 pages and I groaned to Jack and it got worse because someone sat next to him so I knew something was up. The guy played the first page, second and third then the guy in the chair next to him kept turning pages in the middle before he finally got to the last page. When I saw the kid's head go to the right I knew he was on the last page and hoped there was no more. :lo: It was great don't get me wrong, but we were both really tired. Kelly didn't come she was home urping her guts out, poor thing, and Thomas's Pops had a flea market thing and his aunt was on a business trip so it was just us, his dad and his Nana. We usually are the ones who have more than anyone else there. His graduation from 5th grade is Wed so I imagine we will all be there again, except maybe Holly if she is still traveling.

Jean: Boy, sounds like a long trip for cake and ice cream. Hope she enjoyed her birthday though. One of my great nephews first birthday's was yesterday. My sister posted a picture with him have green icing all over. He looked like those little kids on Nickolodean who get slimed! I laughed at you and the graduate. I imagine kids who like you and you like them could care less if you are there, just "show me the money!" Graduation parties unless the parents have a lot of money are usually open houses and are pretty boring to begin with unless everyone knows everyone else and such.

I spent an hour and a half untangle my yarn last night. I have a ball winder and had wound this but somehow the end and the beginning got tangled inside and wow what a mess. I finally got it all straight and had to rewind the whole thing. I had to cut the yarn to the sock to do it though and I hated doing it, but it was the only way.

You gals have a great day. Tonight is lasagna night and I make it lowfat way so it is good but not devastating. Besides, I am on a roll losing weight and I am not giving any of it back so to speak! Faye
Old 05-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #11  

Good morning, ladies! The sun is shining and it is 72 degrees!

I DID IT! I did the WW 5K this morning! We had over 200 people and I finished 73. I'm not even tired.

Faye, I'm with you on the graduation stuff. Mostly they want the money and you can stay home. I know you will be happy to get your life back to normal.

Jean, when I was a leader, we used the card system and only took cash. Things surely are different now with the computer, items to sell, and all the ways to pay for things.

This is going to be short because I need to get in the shower so I can get to church and the picnic. Have a lovely day!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! The sun is playing hide 'n seek right now and a slight breeze making it cool outside. The air conditioner was "on high" this morning, at church, and I about froze to death even with a sweater on. I wish I would have taken my jacket. We went out for breakfast and have been doing some more sorting in the basement. I swear the stuff multiplies when I'm not looking! Bob just left to purchase another birdbath for the little birds. He tried to bend our old one and it broke. The little birds don't like the big bird bath because the edge is smooth, rounded, and bigger so we aim to accommodate!

"Gma" -- I'm sorry Kelly was sick and couldn't make it to T's recital! I hope she is feeling better today. I've tried to untangle yarn just making a ball out of a skein; finally gave up and used the hunk that would come more out easier. Lasagna . . . my favorite! What time do you serve?

Susan -- on completing the WW 5K! I am so proud of you! I know you will enjoy the church picnic this afternoon!

I have laundry going and came upstairs to find a box for basement stuff I'm getting rid of. I'd better get back at it or I'll lose my motivation. Have an enjoyable rest of the day!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #13  

Good morning ladies. Back to the normal routine now, thank goodness. It rained again hard last night though nothing like poor Missouri got. That hospital picture on the web was horrible and so many people have died. So sad.

Weigh in this morning and down another 4 lbs! Just keep working at it. Jack was down another 2 so we are going to be in good shape for next year's vacation for sure. I told Jack this morning as soon as I finish all the birthday and Christmas presents socks, I am going to go back and finish my vacation sweater I started 3 years ago and has been sitting in a bag. I just have to figure out where I left off because it is a lace pattern. I don't think I marked on the pattern where I left off!

I am almost to the toe of the sock for my girlfriend. It has been a fast knit for some reason. I made the two ladies at Jack's work their cozy and sent them with him this morning. I hope they like them. I don't know the electrician at all, but she and Jack get along really well and I feel for her. It is a good ole boy network out there and most of the men won't have anything to do with her. One of the great things about Jack is his respect for women and I think that is why the receptionist likes him so much. He always sees to it she gets a plate of food if they do a carry in or I make some dessert for them to pass around. She is a real sweety and always asks how I am and such when I call out there.

Yesterday was a quiet day. It was hot and very muggy and humid. You didn't want to move and do anything so we didn't! I did my chores, washed a load of sheets and a load of laundry, went upstairs and made the bed and put the clothes away and that was about it. Oh, I fixed dinner and cleaned it up. Most of the day I either knit or read.

Boy the worms are coming out of the woodwork about this Schwarzanegger thing. Even a celebrity has come out and says she knows of at least 2 other kids he has fathered. Brother! I really feel for those poor children as they must be so humiliated by all this especially being in the public eye so much and the media charging right in. Disgraceful man is what he is and pathetic.

Jean: When we went to the recital they had the air cranked way up and it was cold in there even for me and I am always hot. We about froze to death, but it kept us awake I guess! You might not like my lasagna, as Jack hates ricotta or cottage cheese and I only use mozzerella and cheddar, which would give a coronary to some italian grandma. We like it though and I cheat and lower the fat a lot by using half as much ground sirloin, those no cook noodles, heart smart prego pasta sauce, garlic, onion, and the two cheeses. I use half cup of each of the cheeses one of which is lowfat skim and the other is 2% cheddar. It is stupid to use ff cheese as it just does not melt and to my mind then tastes gritty. I only use 4 of the sheets and it makes just enough for the two of us as we split it when it comes out of the oven.

Susan: Wow that is great! Congrats to you for sure! You came in at a great # too! I remember when I did my 5 k I was over 300 lbs but durn it I did it even if I was close to the end of the pack. Hope you had fun at the picnic and you had nice weather for it.

Maggie and Gail: Hope your week is starting out well. Gail, hope your ailing computer comes back soon as we miss you here!

You gals have a great day. I am going to figure out what I want for breakfast this morning and do my points for the day. Have a good one all! Faye
Old 05-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, NO wind, and it's a beautiful morning in my corner of the world. The weatherman says "possible" rain showers later today. I've been to church; not much money so it didn't take me long to finish the computer posting. I have lots I could do today; I really need to get out in the garage and regroup the things we brought up from the basement last week. All of the wet cardboard boxes, newspapers, and school papers went out with for recycle today.

"Gma" -- on losing another 4#s! You are making the scale go in the right direction! I have a ripple afghan I started knitting in 1970, never finished, and now have no clue how to figure out where I left off. That is definitely going to the SOS store and maybe some talented person can finish it. I'm sure you can figure where to continue your sweater pattern. It's a good idea to stay on good terms with the secretary at work! I think it is wonderful that Jack and the female electrician are on good terms. I wonder if the other guys feel intimidated by her expertise. I mix my ricotta cheese with eggs and can't tell that there is any taste to it. I also use Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. I can't say I've ever had lasagna that I didn't like. I just clipped an Olive Garden coupon out of the paper and we will be going to Sioux City before it expires!

I need to work on something for lunch. I never know when Bob will be home so it will be quick and simple today -- no leftovers. Have a marvelous Monday and enjoy!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is gonna be a hot one here today in the Heartland. It is already 74 and expected to get up into the 80's. Should make the garden grow. All the plants are looking good. Since we tied strips of plastic in the apple tree that is above the strawberry patch no birds have bothered the apples or the berries. My new knee brace for when my artiritis flares up in my "good" leg came and it is a humdinger. It should do the trick because it was a spendy little sucker. I don't get flare ups often but when I do "ouch." The doc said I am a good candidate for it to be scoped and scraped or replaced. Well, we decided to wait on that one till I lose more weight and the knee gets to flaring up constantly, if it in fact will. It has to do with the humidity in the air now when it gets swollen. I showed a maintain at wiegh in and am happy with that. We ate out twice yesterday because folks wanted to treat us. I watched it close though. I will make the Schwans meal I had planned to do yesterday for the noon meal, today for dinner. A nice salad is in the planning for my lunch this day.

DONNA FAYE another chunk gone! You go girl and I too believe you will make it come vacation time for you and Jack. You have the gumption and the determination. Jack is a true gentleman. Shame on those other men that can't appreciate a "smart" woman.

JEAN Someone will like getting that afgan and finish it. Olive Garden ~ yum ~ we like that place. Have you ever eaten their Chicken Alfredo Pizza? It is sooo good. I remember when we had it we split one and had their never-ending salad. It is probably a good thing that you had that flood in your basement for now you can pitch stuff that you really don't need to keep.

SUSAN on your walk-a-thon. You go girl. I would enter the 100 meter mosy if they had one here. I am so very proud of you.

GAIL Hope all things are well with you and you will have your computer back. When life gives you lemons, make lemonaide.

Have a great day Magnolias. Do with this day as you wish. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 05-23-2011 at 01:06 PM.