Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-25-2011, 02:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231.8/175

Height: 5ft11in

Default Has anyone used the Bodymedia system

Just wondering if anyone has tried Bodymedia and what they thought of it. Pros and Cons to it? It's expensive but looks interesting.
MamaBear1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/260/155

Height: 5' 11"

I actually came on today to ask the same question. I know jenny craig has some sort of deal with the company ( i think it might be a lower subscription fee) but to me it seems like a more cost friendly version of the bodybugg.
Imready87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You mean the bodymedia fit? I have one- love it I had it since it was called the gowear fit.

Pros- I love seeing how much I burn and how much I sleep at night.

Cons I don't really see except I have the older model that's not blue tooth like the new ones so it doesn't sync to my phone I still have to plug it in to see the information. One thing I don't care for is their food tracking system though- I'd rather be able to import my sparkpeople but it doesn't let me.

It is cheaper than the bodybugg and also there is something called the "fitbit" which is cheaper than both that you might want to check out
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #4  

I also have a bodymedia gowear fit, I have had mine for several years now (got it when it first came out), I loved it at first but now thats its has some mileage on it I am considering trying the fitbit. I actually came on to see if anyone had tried the fitbit and what they had thought about it.

My biggest issue right now with my gowear fit is the armband, if it is visable people always seem to either stare at it or ask what it is (I have a skin on mine so its not so ugly) then I have to explain what it is and what it does also where the sensors sit my skin is getting irrated (probably from using it for so long).

Otherwise I have not had any issues with it and was well worth the money when I first bought it, I'm just ready for an upgrade and don't want to pay the high price for a new one.

Last edited by mgreen95; 05-27-2011 at 03:18 PM.
mgreen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/225/140

Height: 5'7"

I LOVE mine. It is one of the best things I've ever purchased.

I tried counting calories so many times, but always gave up because I didn't know how much I should be eating. Some calculators were telling me 2200, some 1200!

With BodyMedia I know exactly how many calories I can eat and still keep my 750 cal deficit, which has been key for me.

It also tracks your sleep, but you may not want to know that it says...I for one get WAY less sleep than I originally thought. :-/
Joga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:50 AM   #6  

I've got the bodymedia, and I like it. I got it from costco, so it had a 1year subscription for their site, as well as a few extra goodies.

When people ask what it is, I just say it's a pedometer, and most people are satisfied with that.

I don't really have any complaints. I wish their database had more restaurant options; I can add in things, but it's a pain sometimes.

I do wonder about accuracy, however. I'm enrolled in a bootcamp class, and they advertise you burn 500-1000 calories per class, and with working my butt off I"m consistently around 400 calories. It's probably the class marketing that is overstating data.
trixiepup is offline   Reply With Quote