Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:29 PM   #1  

Default Exercise Diet and Support #4

Hello girls. Well, I've been thinking about all of you, especially today because I really exercised a lot today! I walked for 60 minutes on the treadmill burning a total of 515 calories and walking 3.59 miles.

I thought I would start the new thread to show that I'm back and will be able to post more often...hopefully everyday.

My colonoscopy showed that I have a spastic colon or in other words...irritable bowel. Lucky me. I can control it with diet and now that school has been out, I'm not under as much stress.

I'm trying to get a Nurse Tech job at one of the hospitals here. I keep hoping to get an interview soon...but so far...nothing.

Miki, wow, what an exciting day you had yesterday. Nothing like a little bank robbery to liven up our day!

Reina, good luck on the job change and breaking it to your boss. I'm sure he or she will understand. You've got to do what's right for you!

Taiwan, eeks...that SARS scares me! Stay healthy and stay in your house. I would be afraid to go anywhere. Get lots of vitamin C to strengthen your immune system.

Cyan, badmitton sounds like so much fun. Also, you're monkey bar time sounds very interesting. hmmmmm... so tell me about this friend you're playing badmitton with.,....

Lady, Debee, Cjunk, hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon!! I hope you all made it to the new thread!!

Lisa
Old 05-21-2003, 10:54 AM   #2  
I will make it!

Talking Hello everyone

Good to see a new post was started..the last one was getting too long.

Well I didnt play badminton yesterday...my arms and bruise was hurting too much. So instead I took it easy and rubbed in some tiger balm to help speed the healing process.

Way to go Lisa on walking 3.59 miles...wooohooo!

My badminton partner is a great friend of mine but no lovey dovey stuff...and thats just fine by me.

spastic colon...looks like you have a temperamental colon on your hands!

Well as usual I am at work so I best get back to it before the boss notices I am slacking off

later ladies

Cyan
Old 05-21-2003, 11:56 AM   #3  

Glad to see that someone made it to the new thread. Sorry Cyan, if I was nosy about your friend. I hope your bruise gets better soon!

I went to the gym again today and walked 2.12 miles and then I lifted weights. I would like to lose at least 20lb by the time school starts. I can do it! I feel great!

Hope to see the rest of you soon!

Lisa
Old 05-21-2003, 01:47 PM   #4  

Lisa,
Thanks for starting the new thread!!!

Well, I informed everyone that I was leaving, and they were hurt, but totally understand that it is a great opportunity for me, and they don't want to stand in my way! They are planning a farewell event next week, so that should be nice,

Well, I have to say it has been such a stressfull week or two, that I just can't seem to find my way back, so everyone start motivating, I get it all from you ladies.

I am going to start swimming on June 17th. I can't wait, I will do that every week on Tuesday nights.

Can't wait...
Old 05-21-2003, 01:50 PM   #5  

Lisa,
I am sorry, I posted before I finished.

Congrats on the great workouts that you are doing. I am so sure you will lose that weight quick if you keep that up!

Cyan,
no more monkey bars for you chickie!!!!!LOL
Old 05-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #6  

Hi ladies,

I also need to get back on the program the past two weeks have been the worst since I started. I just don't have the motivated ...I keep eating junk food. I am even buying it again when I food shop.. I don't even have th motivation or willpower to stop buying the junk. All my good habits are being taken over by new bad habits. I don't know if I am frustrated because I know I will not make my goal in June or that when I am eating the chocloate bar or salted peanuts I have a I don't care attitude. Sorry for rambling but it is 2:30 and so far I started the morning out great with fruit and a starbucks chai tea, then for lunch I had a roast beef sub, for a snack I had four small pieces of choclate for 220 calories and then had about 4 cups of salted peanuts and I was not even hungry before during or after I ate this stuff. Its raining so I can not go for a walk or garden to work some of the calories off. I am so upset at myself. I know this Friday I will probably show a gain again. I need to get motivated again.

Reina, I am so happy that everything worked out for you with your job.

Lisa, it is great that you are posting again.

Cyan, you have been really good keeping up the exercise.

Deana, how is the eating after 8 p.m. going?
Old 05-21-2003, 04:39 PM   #7  

Okay girls....it's motivation time!!! Summer is practically here and we are not going to waste it eating CRAP while everyone else is out in a bathing suit enjoying life!! No more feeling sorry for ourselves! No more letting the junk food be in control of US....WE ARE IN CONTROL!!! Also, absolutely no comapring our bodies to anyone else's!!! We are all beautiful. We are all intelligent. We are all unique. So, how about a summer challenge??!!! If everyone submits their summer goals, and why they are important to you, I will write them down and on Sunday, August 17, you will all report your progress. I'll remind you each of your goals along the way and why it's important to you. What do you say??? I know we can have a great successfull summer!! I hope to hear from you all with your goals soon!!

Lisa
Old 05-21-2003, 04:52 PM   #8  

Default my summer goals

I'll go first.

My summer goals are:
1. to work out a minimum of 5 days a week either in the gym, swimming, playing racketball or walking outside.

2. to have self control when it comes to sweets...ie chocolate and bread. I will not forbid myself to have chocolate, but I will save it as a once a week treat. I will opt to have whole grain bread and not the yummy garlic bread I like so much.

3. to try new healthy recipes, and new ways to exercise, and to get myself to enjoy the outdoors more.

4. to lose a minimum of 20 pounds by August 17th, 2003. Current weight: 193.5

5. to drink at least 64 oz of water a day and to not eat after 8pm.

Why these goals are important:

1. I'm not happy with my body and that effects my self-esteem and self perception.
2. I want to have the energy to play with my kids
3. I want to take better care of myself so that as I age, I will be strong and healthy and not need to depend on others to take care of me.
4. I'm a nurse...duh... I should know better!

Lisa
Old 05-21-2003, 09:35 PM   #9  

Lisa, it's so great having you back!! Thanks for coming in and taking charge. We've all still been around alot more than you were able to be the last couple of months so I think hearing from you, another fresh, remotivated 'chick' could be what we need. We really missed you bunches. I needed that pep talk! And I think the summer goals would be a good idea to get us all back into the groove. We just cant sit back and undo all the good we've done since October! I'll post my goals as soon as Ive had some free time to think about them.

Ok Ms Debee...get out of that junk food frame of mind this instant, young lady! Remember how you were sitting on my shoulder watching me eat? Well, turnabout is fair play and lemme tell ya, it'll be a lot worse for you having ME on YOUR shoulder. I'm twice your size.. So starting tomorrow, every bite you take, you'll think of me saying.."Ummm, Debee, is that REALLY what you should be eating??"

Reina, wasnt that such relief once you told your boss? I know with me it was like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders. (They're heavier than Debee..LOL) Good luck with your new job!

Cyan, you have me wanting to find someone to play badminton. Sounds like so much fun. I wouldnt even attempt the monkey bar stunt tho..I wasnt that great at it even when I was young. Oh, and I just told Phil over the weekend that I want to buy me a good jumprope. I'll let you know how that turns out. Not sure I even remember how to jump..or that I can get my feet off the ground..lol

Lady, I hope you're having a good week. I wish I could get fit enough to run but I'm not so far. My sis and I walked this morning as usual but the bus was coming down the highway just as we were heading out. Well, we dont' look so great in the mornings when we walk..just jump out of bed and throw on some clothes. We didnt want to embarrass the kids (or ourselves) too bad, so we RAN down the driveway and down the road so our backs would be to the bus when it got there. We found out quick that we couldnt do that for long.

We added a mile today making it 4 miles. It takes us an hour to do that...actually I think it was 58 minutes. I stayed on track eating also. yeah!

Got to work and had to meet with the State Police. Found out that one of the guys has been arrested for murder at one time but never served time because they are part of a big gang in St. Louis and nobody would cooperate and testify against him even tho they are certain there were eye witnesses. Needless to say, I'm not thrilled that my pic was in today's paper. The car they were driving wasnt just stolen, it was hi-jacked in St. Louis. Glad I didnt know all this at the time I was waiting on them as customers!

Calm slow day at work today except for the ton of people who stopped by just to find out about the robbery, if that's what you call it. More like a 'snatching' I guess lol

Anyway, Josh has some finals tomorrow so I need to go help him study. It will be soooooooo nice to have all this schoolwork overwith for awhile.

Bye for now

MIKI
Old 05-22-2003, 09:20 AM   #10  
I will make it!

Talking Good Morning Ladies

Welcome back Lisa and what a great idea for a summer challenge.

Let me think.....My summer goals are:

1. to lose some weight..any weight by august 17, 2003..I have been on a plateau for a very long time as you all know!

2. To keep playing badminton at least twice per week, cycle at least twice per week, jump rope and do my exercise ball activities. Also, hiking season is starting up ...to hike a few times per months..usually on weekends.

3. To keep motivated even if the scale discourages me. I feel so much better and each day I feel stronger due to all the exercises I have been doing.

4. To make good eating choices and stay within the 1300-1500 calorie range and to eat below 50 grams of fat.

5. To stay in contact with all my "fat chicks" buddies...you guys rock.

I think that's it.

So its getting closer to the time when we should start organizing ourselves for the chicago trip! So if you are still interested in coming...I hope you have been saving your pennies..october is just around the corner.

Big hug to all

Cyan

PS I play badminton tonight!
Old 05-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #11  

YOU ROCK LISA!!!!!!!!

Your motivation is what was totally needed here. Miki, was right, we needed a fresh perspective on all this again!!!!
Kudos to you for getting us off our rumpus'

ok,
here are my goals!!!

1. To lose min 10lbs by 8/17, I would love to be down to 180...
2. To work out a min of 3 days per week at Curves, and to continue to swim at least once per week until August
3. The Biggie!!!! To cook for myself more than 4 times a week, no more eating out!!!!!!!
4. To be outdoors more with Alex
5. To start drinking my water again DAILY

This is very important to me, because as of next month I was to be at my goal weight already, and I am almost 34lbs away.
I need to do this myself.....

And most importantly, our meeting in October will be far more meaningful to me, if i am at goal or at least close to it by then!!!
Not that it won't be fun and exciting anyway, but to me, I know it will really mean more to ME!!!!

ok, that is what I can think of right now, I am sure I can keep adding more....

Talk to you all soon....
Old 05-22-2003, 04:39 PM   #12  

What a beautiful day it is here in Kansas. BEAUTIFUL!! Is it as beautiful where everyone else is?

Well, I went to the gym today and did 3.48 miles on the treadmill burning about 412 calories. Then I had lunch with hubby which wasn't very healthy, but I've remained active getting groceries and stuff today.

So, Cyan, what days of the week do you go play badmitton? I'm sure you'll lose some weight soon. Just think of how good you are treating your body and how much more healthier you are than if you weren't exercising at all and eating unhealthy.

Reina, 10 lbs? NO PROBLEM! You'll be there in no time! I'm with you on drinking more water. I have really been bad about that. I drink Diet Dr. Pepper all day. I bought myself a water squirt cup thing from Wal-Mart today. It's 32 ounces and it has this stick that you freeze in the freezer and then put it in the cup and it keeps your water cold. Anyway, I want to drink two of those a day. It helps to go to the gym because then I get really thirsty and I'm more thirsty throughout the day.

Well I hope to hear from everyone else soon!

It's great being back!
LISA
Old 05-22-2003, 06:10 PM   #13  

Hi ladies,

Thank you Lisa...I really need some motivation!

Miki, thanks for being my "shoulder" buddy. You prevented me from eating some chocolate today. I know what you are going through concerning the hold-up...when I was in college working at a Pizza shop across from the Boston Museum of Art I was held up at gunpoint and found out the guy was in a gang and wanted for murder...yes it was scary...it went to trial and I had a police body guard.

Cyan, Reina, I loved your summer goals and I know that we can all get motivated again.

Well today was much better than yesterday. I had a banana for breakfast, hummus with carrots for lunch, popcorn for snack and dinner was 2 cups of pasta with broccoli and sauce. I am now drinking some hot lemon tea and hopefully it will curb the after dinner munchies.

I think I know why I started eating out of control yesterday...my neighbor is appearing in Fitness magazine in July and showed me an advance copy. She went to New York and met with Joy Bauer who wrote the 90/10 diet who advised her on her diet. She and a girlfriend lost 20 pounds and every morning at the bus stop I see her in her skinny workout clothes and of course she asks me how my diet is going and of course it is not going that well.
I know I should not be jealous but....oh well today is another day and I did do alot better.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:50 PM   #14  

Well, I am actually looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. No matter what those scales show, I know that I did my very best this week foodwise and exercise also so I cant get discouraged if it doesnt show a loss. Walked 4 miles again this morning with 2 of them being with weights. (3 lbs in each hand) I worked today from 10 a.m. til 7 p.m. so I havent been home long and have things I need to do. I'll try to post more tomorrow. Everyone have a great Friday!

Miki
Old 05-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #15  
I will make it!

Default Happy Friday Everyone

Lisa..I play badminton on tuesdays, thursdays and so far on saturday or sunday. So I played last night for about an hour and that was lots of fun. Way to go on the exercisining..you are the new exercise queen!

Debee..dont worry about your neighbor..focus on yourself and small life changes that dont seem drastic turns into a lifestyle change that will stick...so I think thats better because it will stick and the weight wont come back.

Hey Miki...I hope the scale shows a loss for you and good going on your program....all that walking will certainly pay off. And dont you feel better..I know I do...I feel more nimble and lighter on my feet, more graceful ... which is such a great feeling.

Well...as usual, I am at work, so I best get to it...have a great weekend and get out and be active!

Cyan
Closed Thread