South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat: Wednesday, 25 May

Good morning, ladies...long time, no see. Things have been pretty busy around here even though I've been off work for the past 5 days. But today it's back to work. That means no checking Facebook or text messages tomorrow b/c, if I do, someone will ruin the outcome of American Idol for me. Not that I'm really that interested this year...but I still don't want it ruined for me.

Autism Walk was this past weekend and our team had donations in excess of $2000 to turn in. Yay!!!

So what are your plans for today??? Mine are sleep, gym, work, and then gym again.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #2  

Good Morning Natasha,

I will work, come home, and work again. Your plans for today sound so nice... wanna trade? LOL
I golfed 18 holes at an autism golfing event on Monday. We (my team) raised $3,000.00. I am so thankful to be of sound mind and body, and I am grateful to have the opportunity to help others.

Have a great day.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:34 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at Natasha and her gym/work/gym sandwich. I fell asleep during Idol last night which says it all. Congrats to you and your team for the great contribution to the Autism cause.

The usual Hump Day stuff today which will include some gardening. First I'll be off to the gym. I have been a bit remiss so today will be a difficult session to push through but I'll do it!

What's happening in your neck of the world?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Hey, the sun is out! Of course I have to work but at least I'm on the road and visiting so I'll get to enjoy it. I'm going to plant a few more things when I get home too.

Made it through my second day on Phase 1 and am feeling great (of course I know that but forget until I do it!). The exercise is slacking a bit, just 20 minutes here and there but at least I am moving. It feels good to be getting myself back in control.

Happy Hump Day
Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Natasha, thanks for getting us started! Enjoy your day of rest and gym.

FassGal and Natasha, congrats on your great fundraising/exercise for autism!

Ruth, happy Hump Day! It is a hard season to push through. Kirk just doesn't see it but I had the talk again this morning about our small garden here. He's not in the mood but I said what we do in the next 3 days will determine what we will have in August. By the time we get back here in late June it will be too late for any effective planting.

Cyndi, yay for sunshine and getting back in the groove with your P1 food. I'm sure it helps having DW on board!

So, it's been so busy here! Meetings and more meetings....lots of rain...and trying to get Rudi out for daily walks to keep his strength up while we're here...and dealing with a grumpy husband. We seem to be on a better track this morning and I'm hoping for some help around here. I hope we can get a small garden in this morning while we're waiting for our agave/honey guy then we can get to the club/pool for some exercise. I already have yesterday's produce all washed and stored. Food today OP, yesterday was baaad. Fortunately, I'm very good at getting back on track!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:17 AM   #6  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi ladies
I am assuming you are all fellow beachers.
I have a couple of questions for you.
I have roughly 14 lbs to lose.
I have been on SB before with success.
I am currently counting calories.
I had a very high-calorie, high processed carb binge weekend.
I want to start p1 next monday--out of town this weekend for a canoe trip--i am going to have a few glasses of wine.
? is this: Will it be terribly harmful to do wed, thurs, fri on plan for SB before officially starting it on monday.
I already know the wine will throw it off.
I did Tues. SBD plan and counted cals too. All of my nutrients were out of whack, but my cals were within range.

Any advice?
thx in advance
Have a fabulaire OP day!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!
Feeling good after 2 days on plan again. I'm almost back to my pre-vacation weight. Hmmm, I set a May goal of 157 - wonder whether I'll reach it? I can only dare to hope.

Earlier this year, I had spoken to my boss about cutting my hours at work so that I could pick up my son from school 2 days a week next year. I really need to change my childcare arrangments b/c I'm going broke. We have a lovely babysitter who has been with my son since he was a baby, but it's time to move on for several reasons. The primary one is that since she is on the books it is outrageously expensive. Also, my son is older now and as long as I can pick him up 2 days a week he can do well in an afterschool program 3 days a week. I would save quite a bit of money. Well, my boss is not able to give me a decision yet on whether I can cut my hours, but she is letting me change my hours for the summer so I can send him home from camp on the bus and pick him up myself. So I will be letting my sitter go as of the end of the year. I want to tell her this today so I can give her a month's notice. Because I have had her on the books she will be able to apply for unemployment. She only worked for me part time anyway. I still feel guilty and of course am torturing myself about what could happen that would require me to really need her once I let her go. But this is something I have been thinking about for a while and I have to really do it.

Sorry that was so long! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

K9Owner, eating on SBD is never harmful! Starting even before a weekend which isn't P1 will never hurt. The 2 week P1 is always highly encouraged so you could count your 2 weeks starting next Monday. Welcome!

Matilda, I hope your guilt and self torture subsides. You have made a decision which is based on the present and your concern for giving adequate notice and allowing her to get on unemployment is very thoughtful. Take care!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Natasha and Fassgal, congratulations to both of you for the autism fundraisers!

Ruth, I admire you for your determination in getting to the gym. I've been noticing your ticker and you are doing so well! Congratulations!

Cyndi, hooray for having 2 clean days behind you! Enjoy the sunshine today!

Debbie, I hope you can talk Kirk into helping you put in your garden. He'll be glad he did, in the long run. Good luck!

K9Owner, ! It's good to meet you! It's always a good time to follow this plan, regardless of what your plans are. After the weekend, just get right back on board and do a clean Phase 1 for the full 2 weeks, and you'll be off to a great start. Good luck!

Matilda, I hope your talk with your babysitter goes well. It's a difficult decision to make, but you have to do what works out for you best. I hope your boss continues to cooperate and adjusts your hours.

SOSO here. My son just stopped in for coffee on his way to work so I'll try to check back in later.

Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi all! Been a while since I checked in. I'm still on plan...just super busy. Had a very dear friend die unexpectedly, dh is not feeling great (heart related, scary stuff) and I've been suffering with shin splints from road running....Not to mention kids school and sport activities and work....not much time for me and I'm in need of a break! Hope everyone is feeling well, I'll go and read some updates now. Try to check back in later.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Natasha - Oh that reminds me that I don't want to know the BL winner before I watch! Not sure when I'll get to Idol either; missed the last couple of weeks though.

FassGal - My niece has autism. Thanks for helping the cause.

Ruth - Gym for me too today. Wish I liked to garden

Cyndi - Yeah for being back in control! I love that feeling.

Debbie - Busy and rainy and grumpy husband here too!

Krystal - My opinion is "why wait to start eating healthy?" BUT, ph1 is intended to help you get over cravings so you'll have to see if it does that for you with the wine addition. If not, add a day or two.

Matilda - I remember when I quit work (ages ago) and let my sitter go. So hard. Glad you are able to make a change that will help you out.

Linda - Enjoy coffee with your son.

Kristen - Hi! Sorry about your friend. And about DH.

I'm off to the gym with my mom today. More grad party prep. And... Oprah! Usually I record her show and watch later; I probably have 20 to get to. But today I probably will watch TODAY.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #12  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Lexxiss and Cottage—thx for the

Karen: yeah, that’s my philosophy as well. I never start anything on Monday unless TOM sneaks his way into my life to screw it up!

I didn’t think it would be so bad, but I only asked b/c of counting cals too. I know many beachers don’t count cals—the concept is a bit different. However, at the end of the day, it’s cals in versus cals out, right? I’m still trying to figure all of these #s out. You’d think I’d know, considering I’m a Cardiac RN, but seriously, I don’t!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8"

Kmac
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #14  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! Wow, we have some amazing generous souls here, donating time and money and exercise for a great cause! Way to go Natasha and FassGal!
I've been lurking for a good while but finally decided to jump into the conversations - you gals are so inspiring. I'm super impressed with everyone's commitment to exercise! I do about 5 minutes a morning at this point - a jog around my condo complex plus a few pushups. I suit up, put on the ipod, go out, do my thing, come back, and my fiancee is still in the bathroom and didn't even know I had gone. That's alright - I'm working my way up to longer and more intense workouts.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:26 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello,

I am back but have floor duty today at work so that is why I am late in getting here.

Had a full house all weekend long, graduation went well this past Monday and shipped everyone off yesterday.

We were supposed to go to Atlanta tomorrow for my niece's graduation but she will not be graduating til fall now, failed a required class. I am still going to take off this Thursday and Friday so I can have a stay-cation at home. I need it. I leave in a couple of weeks for a week long course in Reston, VA. Got the hotel and flight booked just need to book car rental.

I will try and catch up on old the old posts and come back tomorrow morning. I have been doing good with eating so we shall see what the scales says on Saturday...I have been rocking my workouts almost at goal for May and still have a week left.

Karen hope you are safe, heard about tornado's touching down in KC. They are now headed our way for the afternoon and evening.

Have a great evening everyone.
Closed Thread