South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Default Im hungry!!!

I look at my meals/snacks for the day and I think it looks like a TON of food, however, I feel like I am always thinking about when I get to eat again! I am constantly making grocery lists and meal plans and counting down until the next time to eat. Could it just be mental? Probably. That's probably why I'm overweight in the first place. But could it be I'm not getting enough of something and I'm truly hungry? Maybe 10 almonds isn't enough to get me through until "lunch." I work an evening shift 3pm-11pm so typically my breakfast is around 12pm, my lunch around 6pm, and my dinner around midnight, with snacks at about 3pm and 9pm.

I was on phase I for a little under 3 weeks with only a little cheat (small piece pizza and a chicken wing one day) after the first 2 weeks. This did not set off any cravings, just a little guilt and I have been 100% OP other than that. I just started adding in strawberries this week, but am afraid of any grain type foods because I know I have issues with breads, doughs, pastas, etc...

Any suggestions???
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried something that's high in protein, like lunch meat and some string cheese? Or beef jerky?
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #3  

I have used deli turkey breast as a snack, but it's not easy at 3pm to snack since I can't take a break at work as soon as I get there. It usually has to be something easy I can keep in my purse or my pocket. I could probably snack right before I leave for work on something with more substance and then pack some almonds or toasted garbanzos to get me through to lunch, but I just feel like I'm still never satisfied!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I randomly do a day where I count calories to see if I'm eating too much or too little. I know that's not a south beach thing but if you really are hungry you might not be getting enough food and you need to add a bit more protein to your day?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I have a cheese stick as my mid-morning snack, then veggies with hummus and a tall latte (about a cup of milk) in the afternoon. Why 10 almonds? You can have 15 for a serving. If you're still hungry I suggest filling up on veggies at snacktime. Are you getting your 4 1/2 cups daily?
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #6  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

There's a difference between being hungry and being mentally over planning/looking ahead. Your tummy has the answers. Do you feel full after meals? Do you feel satisfied after snacks? If not, the answer is simple: eat more. More veggies, more beans, more chicken. More on plan foods. Quantity is not limited in SBD so eat as much as you need to. Also, if it is true hunger, has the hunger been there all through Phase 1, or did it start with adding the strawberries? You may want to change what time of day you're having the berries and see if that helps.

I think about food all the time - I am constantly planning my next snack or meal (and the snack and meal after that, and for tomorrow) and recipe hunting online. It's not a bad thing - it helps me enjoy the food more when I do eat it, and it helps me stay on plan by knowing whats next. I look up menus online before going out to eat - and my non-dieting friends do it too! There's nothing wrong with thinking about food all the time, as long as you're not *eating* food all the time. If emotional eating has warped into emotional food planning, then I think thats a natural part of going on a diet!
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #7  

murphmitch- i only have 10 almonds because then if i'm feeling a little nibbly later then i know I can have 5 more, or a little taste of peanut butter, etc. i like to give myself that wiggle room just in case. i definitely have at least my 4 1/2 cups of veggies everyday. some days i probably have close to 6 cups! I think maybe i'm just so scared of overeating that i snack too lightly. I dont think i'm starving myself or not getting enough calories because i can eat meat and cheese like nobodys business! It is good to hear what other people snack on though. I like to read through the on plan thread (i think i re-read the whole thread everyday) to see what other people eat.