South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Chat for Tuesday, May 24

Hey all,
Good morning and hope the coffee's flowing for everyone. This will be a rainy week here and all our doors swelled and it's hard to close them. Our doorknobs also have a habit of falling off which creates a problem if you are on the *inside* of the room. Boy, am I ready for an upgrade in our living situation. We've been in this apartment for 8 years and though it's nice by many people's standards, and for a NYC apartment it's fairly large for just two adults and one child, I've never really felt comfortable environmentally here. I have a book on Space Clearing, maybe I'll try that, and generally declutter, although I'm not a clutter bug. Whatever.

BeTrue: our friends' house is in E. Hampton, although technically perhaps it is really Spring. They own, because one of the couple works out there during the summer - his boss has a house and is based there for most of the summer months. We are SO blessed to have them invite us each July 4. We really never go into town except to the supermarket and to the bay for the Fireworks. They have a pool so we just eat, drink and swim most of the time. I agree with you that EHampton town is insane during the summer. If I were a full time resident, I'd hate the weekenders.

Back at work yesterday and nothing remarkable - really. My struggle at work is to stay off the internet and keep focused. Anyone else have this issue while at their desk? Hope everyone has a great day today -

Last edited by Mmckellen; 05-24-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Hi Mathilda - We have the door issue here too but our house is ancient and not in the best shape. We aren't willing to move because the location is beautiful and I have lots of garden space. Reworking our home space is one of my summer tasks too, though we have serious clutter here.

Loooong staff meeting yesterday but not as bad as I thought. There was lots of feedback and assessment of one another and it was more helpful and supportive than confrontational. I am a bit disturbed at being referred to as "the den mother" though. Apparently it's the taking time to be supportive, bringing treats for meetings and reminding people to take care of themselves and set boundaries thing.

Today I'm off to help with a meeting that will definitely be challenging. I'm involved because I know the woman very well and worked with her for many years in my former job. I get to drive over the mountains and hope the weather will be nice enough to do a little birding both ways

I had a perfect Phase 1 day with just a little exercise. Same plan today but with more exercise.

How is your day shaping up?
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cyndi and Matilda. I have one doorknob that falls off every so often - the one on the door to the cellar. Just great when you have just reached the top of the stairs!

Someone forgot to turn the rain back on this morning although the deck and grass are just drenched. Yesterday I finished planting the raised bed just as the rain started. Great timing! If the rest of the plot ever dries up, I'll put in squash, more tomatoes and TWO zucchini plants.

Disney and I are off to the Mill, then to a banner making work bee and then to the nursing home for pet therapy. She'll sleep well tonight. If time (and weather) permits, I plan to finally plant a deep pink clematis I bought in Kingston early last week.

Happy Tuesday which feels like Monday to me. You USA folks will be saying that next week!
Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning! And thanks for the coffee, Matilda. Much appreciated!

We have that swelling door problem with both our coat closet and the linen closet. Jake's tried to fix them several times, but to no avail. I've learned to just live with it.

I'm glad both of you, Matilda and Cyndi, had a fairly smooth day back at work and glad day 1 of Phase 1 went well for you, Cyndi.

I had a looooong day yesterday, as I got the call to go over to the farm ASAP since Maggie was home sick. Again!!!! She'd been up since the wee hours with it coming out of both ends, and there was a mountain of laundry to wade through, too. But, happily, by noon she was starting to feel better. I believe it was something she ate. Cindy and Richard were glad that they were able to go out to dinner for their anniversary, and I really didn't mind staying late.
So I have this morning off since Polo practice starts tonight if it doesn't rain. I stripped the bed and have a load of clothes in the washer right now, and will run through the house with the vacuum and dust cloth, too. I love to have my windows open, but there's a fine film of pollen over everything that I'm trying to keep up with.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/155?

Height: 5'7''

That sounds like a ton of fun I hope you have a great time.

As for me, I am up too early again (5) but this is our last week of school, and I am preparing for my move. So I have random things to accomplish that can't be done at school. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've been crazy busy today but wanted to pop in to say "hi." So far this morning I have exercised, gone to the scrapbook store again, and finished my son's scrapbook except for the front page. Yahoo for one thing almost off my "to do" list. I need to get to the store today then we have another grad party tonight. I'm really feeling the stress today.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Closed Thread