South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/154/130

Height: 5'5½"

Default Phase 1 - week 1, only 2lbs lost; weeks 2 & 3, 0lbs lost

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for some time but have just finished week 3 of Phase 1 and am totally perplexed -- I lost 2 lbs on week 1 and nothing on weeks 2 or 3.

I kept my calories under 1400 a day so it couldn't be that I was over-eating (unless my metabolism is that slow already from being 40).

I thought 'ok, 2lbs a week I can deal with, even 1lb a week' but haven't even managed that and am wondering if I should even continue with SBD. I have 25 to lose and can't seem to lose no matter what I try. Yes, my sugar cravings have subsided and I don't feel as hungry on this amount of calories but without any weight loss at all wonder if it's worth pursuing further.

Thank you so much for reading and if anyone has any encouraging words I'd be so grateful.
kskiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

25 total lbs isnt that much to lose, so it may not come off as fast as someone who has 50-100+ to lose. Are you exercising? Add some cardio- even just walking/jogging, climbing the stairs, etc and stick with it a bit longer. I'm only 5'1 and 136 lbs may not seem to be that much, but my waistline is dangerous. I know that modifying my diet is very important but I also know i'm not going to lose any more if I don't start seriously dedicating at least 20-30 minutes a day exercising. Don't give up!
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/ticker/180

Height: 5'5

The less you have to lose the slower it will go. You could post your menu's to let the veterans look over. That is what I have been doing to keep my honest.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hang in there my dear.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

You can do this!! Please post some meal plans so we can take a look. There may be other issues, but the best bet is to lay it all out there! The first two weeks if often the water weight, and perhaps you did not have much of that to lose. The cravings are really the important thing to deal with those first weeks, so if those are gone, that is a huge accomplishment!

Be well -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/135

Height: 5'6"

I am 49 and had the same amount to lose. I am eating in that calorie range too but I am losing about 1 to 1.5 a week. BUT I can still have only one carb and one fruit a day, plus bananas and wine stall me completely no matter the calories. I would definitely post your menus and see what everyone thinks. I bet if you tweak it a bit you can find the right combination of foods that will work for you. This is such a healthy way of eating I would hate for you to give it up before trying some modifications. Good luck!!
nanjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/154/130

Height: 5'5½"

Thanks everyone for the comments. I do walk 4-5 days a week for about an hour pushing my son in the stroller but my doc said at that pace it's not for weight loss and only beneficial for health.

I don't know if I should try to move out of Phase 1 at this point or not, given I lost nothing the past 2 weeks.

But an example of a daily menu would be...

Breakfast:
1 cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 TB of Flax Oil
Green Tea

Snack:
Hummus or Low Fat Cream Cheese or 2 Tbs of Peanut Butter w/Celery

Lunch:
Veggie Frittata or Omelet
Green Tea

Snack:
String Cheese
or
Handful of Nuts

Dinner:
Seitan or Tofu Saute w/vegetables
Salad with Olive Oil Lemon Juice Vinaigrette
Water

Thanks again for the feedback!
kskiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

Since phase I is mainly to help get rid of cravings and most weight lost is attributed to water, I would think it would be a good idea to get out of phase I. I'd let the veterans here make more suggestions, but according to the book and other things I've read, staying in p1 for too long is not going to help you in the long run. Adding whole grains, etc will actually help you to lose the weight.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Doesn't look like you're eating very much to me. Maybe you really need to eat more to lose effectively. Why are you tracking calories? SB doesn't suggest or require you to do so. A cup of cottage cheese would not fill me up for breakfast, or just an omelet at lunch. Try to include veggies at every meal to get your 4 1/2 cups in. Don't see any dairy listed.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote