Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 01:21 PM   #1  

Default The Firm

Hi Everyone-
I was really interested in purchasing The Firm exercise system and was wondering if any of you have used it. The Infomercial certainly shows women (and men) who have had success but is it worth hte money? I'm a sucker for those infomercials and would hate to waste yet MORE money on exercise equipment that just sits around collecting dust. I appreciate your feedback!!!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:49 PM   #2  

Hello Cosmogrl,

I have the set of tapes. For me they are very hard on the knees. I really like the upperbody workout. Depending on if you are tall or short, is how you will use the step. I'm short so I really don't put both steps together, it's hard for me to get off & on. I guess that would also depend if you are overweight or not.

I don't know if you have a Target or Oshman's sporting good store. But they are selling them there for $ 79.00...or it is 89.00, you save on the shipping.

Maybe if I used them more consistently It would get easier for me.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #3  

hey the frim II just came out so u shoud be able to find the first firm tape set for super cheap i saw it online for 54.99. check out the main site firmdirect.com they might have it there cheap too.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #4  
12 pounds lost in 2006

My mom purchased The Firm and I tried the cardio one of them and I didn't like it all. I also agree that it is very hard on the knees. First of all the two step is wayyyy too high. Any fitness person will most likely tell you that it is too much of a strain for you to do steps on. I took step aerobics and read some books on it and they say the highest you should step is 12 inches. I'm not sure how high the two steps are together but it is much higher then 12 inches! Second of all, on the cardio one they switch from stepping for like 2 minutes, then have u do push-ups, then the next two minutes stepping, and then change to weights!!! Okay maybe that's good for some people, but I want to step for at least 15 minutes in a row and then change to something else. I didn't like it at all. My mom didn't like it either. She did it for about a week and that's it. I don't know where the tapes are now. It definitely wasn't worth all the hype in my opinion.

Last edited by mocha74; 05-22-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:51 AM   #5  
Peace with body and soul

The Firm is an excellent choice in choosing a workout program. As with any other type of exercise, when you begin, the key to success is to modify. If the Fanny lifter is too tall as they show it on the video, use the short part or none at all, until you increase your strength and endurance. I believe all the videos show one person working out w/modifications and a short box and/or no weights at all for beginners to follow.

It WILL work, but its not a gimmick and its not easy, but if you commit to the sweat and the soreness, you WILL see the results as promised. Most of the "Firm Believers" I talk to on another board agree that either the New system or the previous one are both excellent choices.

Good luck in whatever you pick!
Closed Thread