Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #1  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday May 23, 2011 Daily chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- lintroduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed this weekend: IP Weekend Chat - 20-22 May 2011
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #2  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

All I can say is WOW!!!
20 lbs in one month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura G View Post
Thank you. The powder I`m using has an amino acid label showing all the aa`s. Would anyone be willing to compare my powder to the IP packets? Please pm me if you are willing. I'm sorry to be such a nuisance, but what vitamins do you need to take? I have a cupboard stocked full already, and maybe I can use what I have for now until I can save the money for the program vit's.
I've tried atkins before, and I actually enjoyed the feeling of increased energy, but this diet seems more realistic to me. I'm not unfamiliar with low carb dieting, but I want to get it right. I've seen the protocol sheets that Jordana posted, and I think I can manage the food part of the diet, but I could still use some guidance with the rest of it.
I feel like a free-loader - trying to do this without paying - I'm sorry if I've offended anyone since you have all put so much money into it.
Laura- No one feels your a free loader! I too am on alternative products. There is NO ideal protein clinic near me, so I really didn't have much of a choice! But I can tell you that it is definately working for me! This is not an easy diet, but it's a simple one!
Feel free to PM me if you want to talk some more to someone that's doing it with out the products.

This site has been so helpful! Especially the ppl that are here encouraging and sharing their stories.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I just had my second weigh in and I lost another 3 lbs. This is great and really keeping me on plan I love it!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

It's a brand new week, a clean slate... another chance to have the best OP week ever!

Today is Victoria Day here in Canada and I will be home with my family today. It is supposed to rain all day but I do see some sun poking through the clouds. If the rain holds off, we'll do some gardening today.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! Hope everyone made it through the weekend without too much of a struggle! I know I had a tough time, celebrating my friends birthday at her cape cod cottage...I stayed pretty much on point with foods and shakes etc and even at dinner-they had fried clams, I had the seared salmon and extra veggies. I did however fold and had a gin n tonic! I tried like heck yesterday to double my water intake, so we'll see what happens. I have weigh in #2 tonight!

Hope everyone has a great OP day
Old 05-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #6  

New to this forum. Have been on IP since Feb and lost 40#s. Am traveling for the next 6 months across the US visiting family and friends. It is going to be a challenge.

Today will be a good day and will be able to stay on plan.

Am still going through the different forums here on the IP section. Was so glad to find you all.

Beth Wargo
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #7  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
All I can say is WOW!!!
20 lbs in one month

Great Job!!! Keep it going. Doesn't that just make it so much easier to stay motivated when you see it coming off every week???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderBelle BG View Post
New to this forum. Have been on IP since Feb and lost 40#s. Am traveling for the next 6 months across the US visiting family and friends. It is going to be a challenge.

Today will be a good day and will be able to stay on plan.

Am still going through the different forums here on the IP section. Was so glad to find you all.

Beth Wargo
Welcome!

Busy Monday here....hope everyone has a great day! I was proud of myself this weekend...we had some good friends in town staying with us, and I stayed OP! We went to a friend's daughter's graduation party that lasted until 2:00 a.m. and I didn't have one sip of beer or alcohol...go me! And I had fun hanging out with everyone, even though I couldn't drink.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/196/170

Height: 5'8"

Well, I have WI#6 this morning and all I can say is that I have had 0 losses for 2 weeks in a row, and that depresses me like you wouldn't believe. I am almost scared to get on the scale because I am afraid of not losing any this week either.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #9  
Started IP May 1, 2011

S/C/G: 200/186/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone. Victoria day holiday here in Canada. Rainy and yucky in calgary so no gardening I guess

I had a bad night last night. Wasnt feeling well (our whole household is sick with head cold). We are spring cleaning and getting ready for a garage sale and my DH got pizza for everyone. I had a couple peices before I really thought about it. Gawd, feel super guilty

Then I went to bed at 8pm fully exhausted.

Oh well, all I can do now I guess is start today well. I really want to be OP for a while so my body can get used to things but I have cheated a few times already. Thing is, I have still lost so its almost positive reinforcement for the cheating - oops.

A big thank you for all of you on these boards - checking these boards everyday really helps me and keeps me motivated (even though I do cheat sometimes). thank you!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/157/130

Height: 5'4

I haven't been able to read everyone's updates yet... I'll be back to do that. I'm making a big breakfast for my family as its a holiday here in Ontario ... well Canada!
I just wanted to update my weight... I'm super excited! I'm down 5.4lbs!!! for my first week! Its amazing!
If my loss continues like this I'll be in the 140's by next week!! Something I haven't seen in over a year!
Now THAT is what I call motivation!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I am not directing this at anyone in particular. I just see that we are starting to post about cheats again and would like to share this before it goes too far.

I am not perfect either. I have fallen off the wagon twice. Here is what I have learned:

Hang in there everyone who is having a tough time with this!

You need to stay tough! This is a no cheat diet with a beginning, a middle and an end. It is not a forever diet. You will be able to have what you want once you've achieved your goal and retrained your body and your mind! You are not saying "no", you are saying "not yet".

Plan! Plan! Plan! Try to carry an "IP emergency kit" around at all times: a water bottle, a packet of salad dressing, your vitamins, some Splenda or Stevia packets, something sweet (a bar or soy puffs) and something savoury (a pack of ridges or cheese curls or IP soy nuts). You never know when you'll be out and about, or visiting someone, and may need it to get through!

If you fall off the wagon, question yourself and recommit. Start anew and do it right.

The plan will work best if you commit to it! You will eventually no longer crave these things.

I was actually able to bring my family to an ice cream parlour yesterday and sit and sip on water after buying treats for everyone else and I felt just fine about it. This morning, I made everyone a big breakfast and sat and ate my crispy cereal quite happily. I never thought any of this would ever be possible but it is!

That said, life happens and you are only human. If you do cheat, and need support, I would like to request that you please be considerate to others on this board, by either not posting the actual foods you cheated with (use general terms like alcoholic beverage, treat, dessert, etc.) or at least try to use white font. Also note that there is a thread just for cheating where you are more than welcome to be as descriptive as you would like!

Lastly, if you have not done so, read the book for this diet (free pdf link available in the introductory post). It will explain everything very well and was helpful to me.

Hang in there! You can do it! You will do it!

Sending lots of love and a to each of you.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 05-23-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #12  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!

It's a brand new week, a clean slate... another chance to have the best OP week ever!

Today is Victoria Day here in Canada and I will be home with my family today. It is supposed to rain all day but I do see some sun poking through the clouds. If the rain holds off, we'll do some gardening today.

Have a great day everyone!
Susie_Bee -- YOU LOOK AWESOME - great before and after photos!!!! I bet you do look sexy in your new swim suits (that is absolutely the worst kind of shopping because a swimsuit doesn't really lie) Congratulations on your weight loss. Sort of makes it all worth while doesn't it????!!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #13  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Monday to all!!! Best wishes to our friends up in Canada...hope you're enjoying your day off!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/7/11

S/C/G: 280/253/185

Height: 5'11"

Morning ya'll. I had a decent weekend. My planned break is coming this weekend. I am not sure I will make my 30# goal but will be pretty darn close. So far 24# in 6 weeks. Not too shabby.

I took my youngest to a birthday party yesterday. I never even thought about being tempted I guess I am just used to it now. The lady helping cut the cake brought plates right to my nose like she was not giving me a choice. I looked at her and said "NO thanks, I can NOT have cake." A few people turned to look but I did not care. Some people have dietary restrictions, geez. There were kids eating all kinds of stuff. I really think after 6 weeks of no cheating I am on auto pilot.

I would like to tell all my fellow IPers being tempted out there to hang in there. It is hard. But the more cheating you do you are just drawing out phase 1. You will never get used to this way of eating if you keep giving in to temptation. I recommend setting mini goals and dates for a break, maybe a holiday or party. Because I feel that is what really has kept me from cheating. From the day I started IP I knew that 7 weeks would be my sister's engagement party (surprise wedding I think) and I would be mad at myself if I did not do my best to look good. If I think I want something off IP I just say, "NO, in a week". Then Monday morning I am starting back until my next mini goal. Maybe my birthday and another 30#...
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/285/220

Height: 5'9"

I had a rough cheating weekend and some encouraging really helped me through it. I felt terribly guilty and now I realize that I'm only human and we all slip up. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Thats a great idea to use special occasions as a timeline for a scheduled cheat day. There is a concert I am going to on June 21st and I will use that as my timeline. Whenever I feel like cheating I will tell myself that on June 21st I will be able to treat myself to a beverage or two and if I cheat before then I will not reach my goal.

I love reading everyones posts, it really keeps me motivated. I will begin to come here everyday so that it is easier to stay OP. You are all so wonderful and such an inspiration!
Closed Thread