Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Off days are a struggle at times

Sometimes it feels like my off days, where I don't go to the gym are more of a challenge food wise. Today I craved ice-cream, and when I didn't get that I settled for Jellos 100 calorie Temptation and a spoonful of Nutella. That was my sweet tooth splurge, I honestly don't feel extremely terrible at it, but I do feel slightly disappointed that I went as far as to have the nutella spoonful. I really hate off days but I know that if I go to the gym every day at the moment, with work and stressing over money, and planning a move for next year would burn me out. I don't really do much to occupy my time when I have my off days either. I usually work a little, come home and surf the net. I use to play World of Warcraft, but that has been filled with more drama then an episode of Jerry Springer, so it's lost its fun factor for now.

Sigh, anyone else having bad off days?? I also must admit, I had 2 servings of Fiber One brown sugar pop-tarts as a meal...

EDIT- I think I posted in the wrong place, if so sorry. TT_TT

Last edited by ShyHeather; 05-21-2011 at 12:48 AM.
ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Absolutely. I work out in the evenings. When I don't work out I tend to desperately want to snack after dinner. When I run, I don't even think about eating.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Yep. I've found those days I take off to rest from too much exercise... it's almost like I'm itching to get something physical in. The days I exercise, my food has an easier time being in control. The days I don't, I get tempted with food.

Btw - I play WoW. For the Horde! When my guild is having drama or I just don't feel like being bothered with people I have non-guild alts to mess around on.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Sounds like you need a hobby!

I know what it's like to be financially stressed but getting out of the house doesn't mean you have to spend money. Two years ago I spent 30 days blogging about 30 free things you could do in my city -- there were outdoor concerts, hiking trails, book groups, geocaching, free museum days, and public art. It wasn't hard at all.

Plan your off-gym days like you would other days.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:43 AM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Make your off gym days your planning, shopping, preparing, slicing and dicing days....and for heavens sake get rid of the Nutella. That crap is like cocaine in a jar.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/160/140

Height: 5'2

I hate those off days! XD I crave food so badly, I feel like I want to gnaw off my own arm sometimes...the way I over come them is to pick up my little book that has my calories recorded in it and to plan out what I can eat for the rest of the day. If I can plan out what I can eat and maybe stick a nice treat in there I am less likely to move off track. Plus the fact that I have to write down every single thing I put in my mouth helps...When you only have 1400 calories in the day, you don't want to waste them on a spoonful of nutella! I know not everyone is a calorie counter, but it stays the same for all other areas of weight loss...pick up the nutella and stop and look at it for a moment...check out the label and the calories and decide is it really worth it? And if you know it causes a problem, remove it from your home...give it away.

Most of all remember that you will get through those days and they do not have to define your weight loss journey!! You are strong enough to do this!

Last edited by Galatea; 05-22-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I like to do my girly things when its not a gym day - tweeze/wax the brows(and other stray hair areas), bleach my teeth, facial mask, exfoliate elbows, heels, refill my gym bottles (shampoo, cond, lotion), etc. You get the idea. Its still in the 'self improvement area' and keeps me busy for at least two hours.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I really can't keep foods like nutella in the house. If they aren't there, I won't eat them.

I also don't have "off" days from excercise. I always try to do something - walking, a video, some weight lifting, etc. You don't even need weights - water bottles or cans make great weights. It seems that I am more able to control my food if I work out at something every day.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote