South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 149/147/127

Height: 5'4"

Default How often do you weigh....

I haven't lost anything in 2 days. Lost initial 2 lb. and no change. I wonder if the amount of cheeses I have eaten or fat amounts had some sort of effect. Plus, I think I went over on my sweet treats yesterday. I have such a sweet tooth. Just wondering how often you weigh yourself on the beach?
AKBremer7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't count daily weigh ins- only once a week, the scale won't go down steadily everyday and sometimes it'll go up- as long as you stay consistent the weight will go down over time.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I try to weigh myself every few days. I probably would do it more often but I forget in the am and I only do it then. Some say you should only weigh in once per week because your weight fluctuates so much. I've also heard that you should weigh yourself everyday so you are aware. With this thinking you have to accept that it is completely natural for your body to fluctuate.
If you know that you are are working hard IT WILL PAY OFF. Just as your weight fluctuates, weight-loss will fluctuate. I went for 6 days without seeing a difference on the scale then I got on today and I was down 3lbs. This may also be a good opportunity to re-evaluate your diet to ensure that extra calories are not sneaking in. Good luck.
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #4  
RL1

S/C/G: 200/124.8/100

Height: 5'3"

I was thinking the same thing and I was logging on to ask!

The first time that I lost a significant amount of weight, I used the scale once a week. However, I have become addicted to weighing myself everyday in order to make sure that I have a pattern of weight loss and to quickly correct gains. I get frustrated when the scale goes up, but I try to make myself believe that a gain of 2 lbs. is okay because it might be natural fluctuation. However, a gain of three pounds is not okay...

I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I try to make myself believe it!

By the way, I'm officially out of the 140's! I've been a steady 139 for two days, so I think that the plateau is broken. However, I won't confidently believe this until next week I'm hoping to be 135 by next weekend!

Last edited by RL1; 05-20-2011 at 12:39 PM.
RL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 143.1/130.5/110

Height: 5'1

I weigh almost every time I step in my bathroom! The thing is, I also have a wii fit. And it is a bit of a process to get it started up and do the "body test" which gives you your weight and bmi. I do the body test once once a week and consider that as my "official weigh in." The scale in my bathroom is one with a dial- not a digital one- so I don't get too crazy about its numbers. I figure that scale is kinda my way of making sure I am on track during the week. And when I do my "official weigh in" on the wii fit, I ALWAYS do it at the same time of day which is when I first wake up.
asphyxia63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 322/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft5

I weigh myself every day or every other day. It helps keep me motivated. I find if I have lost more than I expected than it makes me feel great about dieting and if I weigh less than I expected I usually push myself harder that day.
OnMyWayDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #7  
At it again

I too weigh myself everyday. Sounds weird, but it's actually what gets me out of bed every morning. Even on days I know I'll show a gain, I'm anxious to see where I stand.

Which is why when my scale broke yesterday, I was very upset. I first thought it was the battery, but I've replaced it and it still gives an ERROR message, so a new scale is in my future. I hate that idea because I'm sure the new one will reflect a different weight than the one I've been using. I don't even care if it's more or less, I just want an accurate measure of my progress! Oh well, not much I can do . . .

Last edited by rmc9142; 05-21-2011 at 12:50 PM.
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I weigh myself everyday. I helps me stay focused. If I stay on plan and gain, I know it is normal, so it does not bother me too much.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote